Deciding between 3 cruises and would REALLY like your opinion

queenteacher

We are torn between 3, so any opinions are VERY MUCH appreciated!

Legend - Cat 11 aft wrap around

Western Caribbean

Pride - Cat 11 aft wrap around

Eastern Caribbean

Splendor - Cat 9a aft wrap around

Mexican Riveria

Prices are all about the same, so that is not an issue. I am really looking for opinions about the ships and categories. I truly value the opinions of those who have sailed on these ships and been in these categories. However, I know that none of us have sailed the Splendor. So on that cruise, I am asking about 9A wraps and the ports.

THANK YOU!!!

The 9A wrap will have just about the same s.f. as the cat 11s wraps, just no VIP boarding or bathtubs. I would think either about the same.

Id pick Eastern Caribbean. For instance on the Caribbean Princess, prices are usually slightly more for Eastern just because its more popular. Any cruise out of the gulf will do western, fewer do Eastern. St Thomas is great.

Have you considered the Glory out of Port Canaveral, it probably also does Eastern, which would be a Conquest class ship if you are comparing it to the Splendor.

We are torn between 3, so any opinions are VERY MUCH appreciated!

Legend - Cat 11 aft wrap around

Western Caribbean

Pride - Cat 11 aft wrap around

Eastern Caribbean

Splendor - Cat 9a aft wrap around

Mexican Riveria

Prices are all about the same, so that is not an issue. I am really looking for opinions about the ships and categories. I truly value the opinions of those who have sailed on these ships and been in these categories. However, I know that none of us have sailed the Splendor. So on that cruise, I am asking about 9A wraps and the ports.

THANK YOU!!!

Hey

I havnt been on any of these cruises or any to tell you the truth but i was having the same difficulty making up my mind over those boats!! If you look at the thread i made it might help you make up your mind, althou there is no mention of cabins but i have chosen the mexican riveria!!

I just noticed you were in OK. Im in Dallas, only about an hour from OK border, depending on where you are in OK, you could drive to Galveston and do the Conquest.

Maybe if you give us your thoughts on why you decided on these 3 ships we could give you more thoughts that would be pertenient.

I am looking for a corner aft cabin...balcony size is the most important to me! I have sailed eastern, western, and southern caribbean. I have heard nice things about the cat 11 wrap on the spirit class. I have never sailed the mexican riveria and think it would be nice, but I am hestitant because of the difference in the waters.

Thanks for the great thoughts!

When are you sailing? The Mex. Riveria can be chilly in the winter.

Very good point..we went in October on the Pride, and the Riveria was pretty chilly the first day out...and the last day back. It was to cold to be on deck on the first day out..but was much nicer on the second day.

I prefer the W. Caribbean and have the Legend (also in a Cat 11 wrap) booked for April 2009. We did the same (almost) itinerary in 2007 on the Miracle and loved, loved, loved it.

I like the beaches better in the W. Caribbean. DH is a SCUBA diver and the Legend itinerary is ideally suited to that. He can go diving and the kids and I can find other stuff to have fun. We've done the Eastern Caribbean twice, plus a few land based vacations to islands in the Eastern Caribbean, so we preferred the Western for a change of pace.

I don't actually think you can go wrong with any of your choices - just think about what you want to do at the various ports and figure out which is better suited to your interests.

Another possible consideration is the departure port. Tampa is easy for us to get too (and not too expensive). I'm not sure where the Pride sails from, but that may be something to consider.

Hey

I havnt been on any of these cruises or any to tell you the truth but i was having the same difficulty making up my mind over those boats!! If you look at the thread i made it might help you make up your mind, althou there is no mention of cabins but i have chosen the mexican riveria!!

Ships please! LOL

I would go with the Spendor mexican riveria for that time of year if you have already done the eastern and western....Dennis...we are doing the Spirit mexican riveria in October and I know it will probably be chilly the first day out....Dennis

i agree with Dennis .. .The mex rivera at that time of year is much more predictable .. oh wait .. I prefer mexico to the carib .. so that is probably the factor upfront in my mind

Archived