Cruise Critic Member Family Cruise

nklpikl

I read all these fun cruises that cruise critic members plan together. They travel as a group and get some perks. Is there one specifically for families? I think it would be so wonderful to cruise with other families from these boards.

Haven't seen one specifically for families but there are going to be kids on the RCCL Genesis Inaugural CC cruise in Fall 2009

We'll be there! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519

I have looked at this many times and I am confused. Sorry I am new to this. Can you clarify. As of now you do not know when or where this cruise is, correct? I appreciate your help. I get a lot out of your posts.

I have looked at this many times and I am confused. Sorry I am new to this. Can you clarify. As of now you do not know when or where this cruise is, correct? I appreciate your help. I get a lot out of your posts.

Oh don't worry, I get confused about Genesis. :)

Royal Caribbean is building a ship right NOW. The working name is Genesis but that won't be the actual name (USA Today has a naming contest for the ship going on)

The ship is going to be the biggest ever built to date, bigger than Freedom of the Seas (and the sister ships Liberty/Independece of the Seas)

It will leave out of Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) some time in Fall 09.

Since there is no ship name yet, then that means we can't book it yet. So we hope to be able to start booking by the end of this month (or May).

Everyone is trying to figure out what is going on this ship. There will be a press conference on April 15th to reveal some of the details. Kind of what we already suspect, the ship will have a "Central Park" and a Promenade and possibly a boardwalk. Also, real grass. We keep joking that we want a Lazy River. :D But no one knows what's going on the ship.

Also, by going through newspaper archives in some of the normal port cities, we have figured out some ports at least making room for Genesis. So far some of the ports mentioned have been Falmouth Jamaica, St. Martin, Labadee...but we honestly have no idea.

So all I know is that I am going on a ship, Fallish09, there is already 120 families in our CC group. And we have no idea where we are going, yet.

This is the info from CC

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=368

The problem with Fall is that school is in session (I know, I know, major debates have been started on this very topic). So I imagine many of the parents would have to decide when the date is finally announced whether they can go or not if they have school aged kids. Our school district is very tough on these kind of absences. Maybe it'll be a good idea to run a poll with various dates when RC is ready to announce the cruises. Even if it's not the inaugural cruise.

The problem with Fall is that school is in session (I know' date=' I know, major debates have been started on this very topic). So I imagine many of the parents would have to decide when the date is finally announced whether they can go or not if they have school aged kids. Our school district is very tough on these kind of absences. Maybe it'll be a good idea to run a poll with various dates when RC is ready to announce the cruises. Even if it's not the inaugural cruise.[/quote']

I totally understand. My school district doesn't do that. :) So we can take the kids in Fall.

In all honesty, as far as a Family CC group cruise, the Genesis won't be the best as far as getting the most families on it. The prices are going to be through the roof for inaugural. It would be more cost effective to do a Genesis cruise when the prices come down.

I just decided a long time ago that if I was going to do an inaugural, this would be it. :)

The problem with Fall is that school is in session (I know' date=' I know, major debates have been started on this very topic). So I imagine many of the parents would have to decide when the date is finally announced whether they can go or not if they have school aged kids. Our school district is very tough on these kind of absences. Maybe it'll be a good idea to run a poll with various dates when RC is ready to announce the cruises. Even if it's not the inaugural cruise.[/quote']

Yep, we can rarely do fall too. Not only is school a problem but one dd has rec soccer, another select soccer and the third cheerleading. Cheerleading has a bigger problem with absences than school. Crazy as it is!:eek:

Archived