Serenade 9658 or 9092

Hi. I need help from the experts! I need to choose pretty quickly between end of hump cabin 9092 or aft 9658. Both seem to have large balconies from the deck plans. I know aft will be farther to walk, which is okay. Just need to know from someone who has been in these or similiar and what you think. We are going the Southern Caribbean route in Dec. if that is any help.

I would take the LARGE hump balcony on 9092! So very convenient! It's a really, really looooong walk to the aft of a Radiance class ship! If you do alot of coming and going from your cabin, you'll be glad to be near a stairwell!

Agree with Sue 100%!!!!

I hope you get the aft cabin that you are AFTer!:)

The walk to the AFT will not kill you, but the view from your HUGE balcony might!:eek: ;)

BILL:)

We have 9658 for our upcoming cruise on Serenade. We've had 9258, another aft, on Jewel. The balcony is huge and there's a great view. I always try to get 9256 but it seems to be already taken every time. Here's a picture of my wife on the balcony to give you an idea of how big it is:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ron92201/Jewel103106/photo#5179933902608026690

I managed to snag it for my 25th anniversary cruise in Oct 2009:eek: I can't wait!!!

I think the only way we'll experience that balcony is if you take us with you. :)

I think the only way we'll experience that balcony is if you take us with you. :)

I booked it on the first day they open European sailings two weeks ago. I was unavailable all day and I was amazed when it was still available at 8pm that night.

Aft cabins! Sue, I remember your aft cabin location on the Brillance--so very close to our portside but very aft balcony room!

And, Bill, I certainly remember your huge balcony on the Enchantment! That was incredibly gigantic! The best Sailway ever--thanks, again!!

Sue, so glad you snagged the room you wanted for your and Greg's 25th Anniversary next year! You're a pro!:D

Aft cabins! Sue, I remember your aft cabin location on the Brillance--so very close to our portside but very aft balcony room!

And, Bill, I certainly remember your huge balcony on the Enchantment! That was incredibly gigantic! The best Sailway ever--thanks, again!!

Sue, so glad you snagged the room you wanted for your and Greg's 25th Anniversary next year! You're a pro!:D

Hey Pat,

More ways then one, I am now a TA. :D

It is easy, I don't sleep anyways!!

Okay, Martha Stewart, or Steward??:D

You made your wish come true (TA)! Woohoo!

Could you email me some of your energy?!

I do love seeing you on the boards!

Hey, remember our lounge night after the Quest when I had to leave early (from Quest) due to impending seasickness? Thankfully, seasickness didn't occur! You and DH came over to sit with us---and with some of the crew: the conversations, the laughs, all of us instant friends (though you and I were already CC folks)...one of my favorite memories of our Brillance cruise. :)

Oh, my! I think I just hijacked this thread!:eek:

Email me pbrash49@darientel.net when you get a chance to update me on your "kids"!

I love the aft cabins, but if you don't want a lot of sun and heat while you're in port, pick the hump. We've been on Deck 10, and find that, while in port, there isn't much air movement and it can be oppressively hot - not such a big deal to me, but DH isn't as fond of the sun & heat. Fortunately we were usually out there when the ship was moving, so we did get air. My only objection to 9092 is that it's a bit dark inside the cabin because the balcony is long and narrow. But you can't beat the convenience.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I think we will go with the aft cabin ( unless my MIL decides to come along, then we will have to switch to a mid-ship) We have never had an aft cabin before and wanted to see for ourselves why they were so popular!

Thanks again!

Can you please tell me if the aft cabins on the 10th deck on the Serenade are just like the 9th deck? I've read great things about the 9000 aft cabins but haven't seen much on 1102, 1104 or 1604 and am considering one for Alaska next year.

Advice? Pictures?

Thanks!

Archived