E DOcs -when do they arrive?

When did your edocs arrive?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When did your edocs arrive?

• 4 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 2 weeks
    • other (explain)

I received my e-docs this Monday (March 31) for my May 17th cruise.

I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not, however the e-docs came 2 days (really, the next business day) after I completed by online check in. :o

After reading all the information on these boards though, I found my e-docs to really not offer much additional information that I did not learn from Cruise Critic. Yes, I did have a sample luggage tag and a form to fill out regarding my on board account, but besides that, it was pretty much just the contract, an itinerary summary, and miscellaneous information regarding ideal arrival time and cruise documents (which I have heard over and over on these boards). :p

I'm an e-docs virgin! How do I get my edocs? Will I get an email from my TA saying they are ready or do I just keep checking my reservation? We filled everything out online a long time ago so it's not waiting for anything.

I think it may have something to do with whether the Edocs are coming directly from RCI (booked directly) or booked with a travel agent.

I am wondering if they come earlier if you book directly. If you book with a TA they would have to be emailed to the agent and then to the client would they not?

Just an idea... I have had Edocs on a few occassions and mostly about 3 weeks out..I am presently awaiting Edocs form my cruise on April 25..I am booked with a TA.

I prefer the Edocs.. with the cruise lines websites the way they are and shore excursions all available on line the docs seem anticlimatic for me anyway.

DW and I sail on April 11, 2008...! We booked thru a 'group' TA thru Cruise Critic and received our 'eDocs' yesterday (4/02/08)! :eek:

THAT, to me , is 'cutting it close'.. :rolleyes: Must admit, that there is absolutely nothing there that I needed to board the ship, so it really didn't matter!:) Its just nice to 'have them in hand'!!:D

I reserved it on Feb 14th and got the cruise docs on April 1st. My TA was surprised when I called and asked her where my second set was. She said that Royal Caribbean normal sends the docs to them first. I guess I'm just special. :D

My daughter and her family sailed March 22 and never received any printed documents or any E-Docs. She could not complete her SetSail pass until about

a week before sailing because she did not have information on the cruise-air flights. After 4 phone calls to the TA she found the Flights, going to FLL on NWA and returning to DTW on Delta. Then she had to call each airline to get the confirmation number of the flights to use at the airport kiosks to print boarding passes. The lack of transfer vouchers was not a problem in FLL airport on the day of embarkation, as they were expected and on the list held by the RCI helper with her sign at baggage pickup, but it was a big problem on the day of disembarkation where the bus driver refused to take them with no voucher. After much haggling the driver finally agreed to take the family of 4 and all their carryons to the airport. They used the handy cruise valet service for their checked luggage. Otherwise, they had a great cruise on the Jewel. Jim

Just curious, but can't you just print your set sail pass anytime you want after final payment, no other documents required?

Yes,

that is what the RCI vacation planner told me. Print them and Go!!!;)

Marcy

I'm an e-docs virgin! How do I get my edocs? Will I get an email from my TA saying they are ready or do I just keep checking my reservation? We filled everything out online a long time ago so it's not waiting for anything.

In the past when I used an TA, they sent me an email with a link to my eDocs. When I booked direct with RC, it was them that sent me a email re this.

Archived