For anyone sailing on the Mercury soon

WowItsMarissa

I need a favor to be done, please :]

I just came back from the Mercury just last week [hi cruise critics that I met!]. I had a great time and even got to interview cruise director Damian de Lorenzis and have a private backstage tour. I've been learning more and more about cruise directing with every cruise I go on because it is a possible career choice for me. I got a confirmation letter signed and it will be going into my school file to accompany the one I got signed from December on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas. However, I would really like to do a full internship in the future. I have tried to talk to customer service, called a bunch of different numbers, and even tried sending a letter but nothing is going through. Although this may be difficult, I want to try to contact Mr. de Lorenzis directly. Thus, I present the following plan:

1. I would write a formal letter to him expressing what I want to accomplish, my plan, and my goals. [This would be complete with my contact info, family permission, and school permission, hopefully]

2. I would e-mail an attachment to one of you kind people out there.

3. You would print it out and bring it with you on your cruise.

4. You would hand it to Damian when you see him around the ship, then briefly explain what it is. I'm sure he will remember me and be very understanding.

So, if anyone is interested in doing this for me, I will be so happy and thankful. Volunteer and I'll try to be in contact with you via e-mail or this thread. I might not be online until the weekend but I will try to check this thread as much as possible.

Thanks everyone and happy cruising :]

Hello Marissa,

You may remember me from your Mercury Hawaii Cruise. I was with the Cruise Critics group and our dinner table was next to your family's table.

Here's a suggestion. You should be able to contact Damian by either phone or fax. Perhaps you can fax your letters to him using the contact information from the Celebrity web site.

Mercury phone 877-266-1020

or via fax Mercury011.870*335.151.712 or 722

Good luck,

Roy

Hi Roy,:) are you going to be writing a review for us? With

all the special stuff included?:D ....got your email and replied

back last night...hope you received it!:)

Hello Marissa,

You may remember me from your Mercury Hawaii Cruise. I was with the Cruise Critics group and our dinner table was next to your family's table.

Here's a suggestion. You should be able to contact Damian by either phone or fax. Perhaps you can fax your letters to him using the contact information from the Celebrity web site.

Good luck,

Roy

Of course I remember you :]

You were very kind to me!

Anyway, thank you so much for the info! I tried to get numbers from Celebrity representatives from customer service but they just kept directing me to different places. One woman actually told me that I shouldn't be calling because I wasn't 18 yet. Grrr.

I will try to call and fax if I can.

be happy to do this will be on Mercury the 19th......respond here if needed.

chuck

hey Lois

I'm going to try every possible option just to make sure everything goes through. I'm already planning to call and/or fax but if something goes wrong with that, then I'll contact you. Is that okay?

Hello Marissa,

Good luck,

Roy

Oh no :[

That Mercury phone number is that shore-to-ship thing. $8 PER MINUTE. Plus, it's only to reach guests.

I might just go along with my original plan. I don't have a fax machine either.

Sure, send me an e mail cshu100 AT yahoo.com you know, replace the AT with the @ AND post on here that you have sent the e mail as I don't check Yahoo but once a week or so.

Chuck

Okeedok! I'm doing that RIGHT now.

It's a pretty rough draft, but I think Damian will understand.

Sure, send me an e mail cshu100 AT yahoo.com you know, replace the AT with the @ AND post on here that you have sent the e mail as I don't check Yahoo but once a week or so.

Chuck

OH NO.

I'm afraid you'll have to check your e-mail once again Chuck, I'm so sorry. I discovered that I made a few typos and that I forgot to put my e-mail address in the letter.

Archived