Serenade experts please advise

nunk

Happy to see Alaska cruises are open for 2009, so can you help me choose an aft cabin? I noticed some open on the 10th deck on the Serenade and wondered if they are as wonderful as I am hoping! I appreciate any advice on the afts and pictures would be even better!

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

Well considering I've been pestering my TA for the last month to make sure I got aft JS 1100 when bookings opened up this morning...:D

I've had JS 1602 before and loved it and would gladly book that one again.

If you are just looking at one of the D1s, I would actually take the ones on deck 8 or deck 9 over deck 10 or deck 7. Reason being that it is better to be between 2 passenger decks than right underneath a public deck area (like the Windjammer seating area). But you can't go wrong with any of them due to the extra large balconies and the wonderful view.

Remember, that what's available on the website isn't all that is available so if you want a cabin that isn't showing up, call and ask.

Happy to see Alaska cruises are open for 2009, so can you help me choose an aft cabin? I noticed some open on the 10th deck on the Serenade and wondered if they are as wonderful as I am hoping! I appreciate any advice on the afts and pictures would be even better!

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

If you can snag JS 1100, you will be in heaven! HUGE BALCONY! :)

2814759280081185862S500x500Q85.jpg

BILL

Well considering I've been pestering my TA for the last month to make sure I got aft JS 1100 when bookings opened up this morning...:D

I've had JS 1602 before and loved it and would gladly book that one again.

If you are just looking at one of the D1s, I would actually take the ones on deck 8 or deck 9 over deck 10 or deck 7. Reason being that it is better to be between 2 passenger decks than right underneath a public deck area (like the Windjammer seating area). But you can't go wrong with any of them due to the extra large balconies and the wonderful view.

Remember, that what's available on the website isn't all that is available so if you want a cabin that isn't showing up, call and ask.

Thanks for the info everyone! I am so happy to report we were able to book 9256 which my TA swears is absolutely amazing for Alaska!

Anyone ever have 9256? Pictures?

Thanks for the info everyone! I am so happy to report we were able to book 9256 which my TA swears is absolutely amazing for Alaska!

Anyone ever have 9256? Pictures?

OMG you have one of the best rooms on the ship. I booked first day to get it for Oct 2009.

9256goodaftwraparound.jpg

9256onbrilliance.jpg

aftwcabins.jpg

You have a GREAT TA and a wonderful cabin!

You are at the aft of the ship. Your HUGE balcony is two decks below the man on the left side of the photo!

1127221874014816381S500x500Q85.jpg

Inside will be similar to this...

2149408700059663543S500x500Q85.jpg

you are going to think you are in heaven!

ENJOY!

BILL

We have 8168 on the Serenade for our Panama Canal cruise in a couple weeks. We originally booked 1104 but when final payment day came (about 60 days before the cruise), 8168 became available and we grabbed it. From what I hear, the balcony is not quite the size of 9256 but close.

Tim

We have 8168 on the Serenade for our Panama Canal cruise in a couple weeks. We originally booked 1104 but when final payment day came (about 60 days before the cruise), 8168 became available and we grabbed it. From what I hear, the balcony is not quite the size of 9256 but close.

Tim

Well...especially since someone grabbed 9256. :rolleyes: We will have to have you over to check out our humps, Tim! :D

I put a hold on 1600 today. 1100 was already taken:mad: , only $300 more for the GS. After looking at your pictures I wish I had called earlier in the day. Not only is the balcony bigger but 1100 and1602 seem to have a 2nd door that 1600 does not have, although the picture on RC website shows the GS as having 2 sets of sliders. It must be the odd shaped room. Has any one had 1600? Any info on the interior would be appreciated. For those of you who have been on the aft of Serenade or Radience, any problem with smoke from the back of the Windjammer? Can people up there see into your balcony? On the corner aft balconies can you see to the side or only aft. In the brochere it looks like you can see to the side but in the above picture it looks like the balconies are set in and there is no side view. It's funny in the brochere it looks like 8168 and 7172 have just a regular balcony but in the above picture they appear to have the same kind of balcony as 9256. It's too bad the word on the afts has gotten out!:eek:

1100 and 1602 don't have a 2nd slider. They have a window in addition to the door. Yes, the balcony on 1600 is smaller than for 1100 and 1602 but it is still nice.

8168 and 7172 don't have quite as large a balcony as 9256 - the bulkhead intrudes more into their balcony areas.

What cruise are you trying to book? I know my TA actually had 1100 booked for me before C&A opened.

We are put a hold on 9-12-09, we are doing the Canadian Rockies cruisetour. Did you have a problem with smoke or people peering down on you from the windjammer? Were you able to see 1600's balcony from yours? Do you think they had any view to the side? Any idea what that area next to 1100 is? Is it a crew staircase? Thanks!

Yes, we could look over and see into 1600's balcony. We could not see into the room, at least not during the day but that may have been because they kept their drapes closed.

Yes, if we were at the railing, people could see us from above (same as with all the aft cabins).

We did have one time where someone flicked their cigarette butt onto our balcony.:rolleyes:

The area next to 1100 is a crew staircase.

It's hard to tell on 1600 & 1100 if there is a thin area of balcony that goes to the side of the ship or not. Did it look like they could see to the side from 1600? The brochere is deceiving. Did you hear alot of noise from above? That's why I was looking at 1600 or 1100 it looked like they had a wrap around balcony. In the above pictures, however it looks like there is a cave like appearance to the balconies due to the shape of the sides of the aft. Was on the MOS in a JS aft and did not like the superstructure that was my view.

We have GS 1600 and were told that from above, people could only see about a quarter of the balcony...that most of it was covered. If you were at the rail people above could see you but it does offer a lot of privacy.

Debra, Which week are you on the SOS? Do you know if 1600 is bigger or smaller than the other GS? It has an odd shape to it and I'm not sure if that small entrance area is just a hallway? Anyone with any pics of GS1600? Thanks

Debra Shockley...did you know that there are 53 other Cruise Critic members sailing with you? The link to our roll call is in my signature. Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle? :D

have any of you stayed in GS 1600 aft cabin?

Hi

We had cabin 1600 on Serenade in February 2007. We loved it. Maybe not quite as big as a normal GS becasue of the shape but still OK . I would tell everybody to take it given the chance. We found it very peaceful.

Alex

2003 Radiance Of The Seas 00Southern Caribbean

1111 Brilliance Of The Seas00Mediterranean

2004 Mariner Of The Seas 000 West Caribbean

3333 Sovereign Of The Seas 0Bahamas

3333 Carnival Destiny 0000000Southern Caribbean

2005 Explorer Of The Seas 00 West Caribbean

1111 MSC Opera 0000000000 Mediterranean

0000 MSC Lirica00000000000 Mediterranean

2006 Brilliance Of The Seas00Panama

0000 Voyager Of The seas 000Mediterranean

2007 Serenade Of the Seas 00Southern Caribbean

0000 Voyager Of The Seas 00Mediterranean

0000 MSC Orchestra 0000000Mediterranean

2008 Costa Atlantica 0000000Caribbean

countdown.pl?name=Alexpress and suzifloozi&date=5-10-2008&image=vfin&text=&ship=Voyager of the Seas

countdown.pl?name=Alexpress and Suzifloozi&date=1-29-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Emerald Princess

Archived