Free 2 night cruise

I was given a free 2 night cruise Imperial Majesty for booking a cruise with a TA. Does anyone want it? I will email you the link and you just have to pay port charges and tax. It is good for 1 year, but my husband doesn't want to try any other company. Debbie

I was given a free 2 night cruise Imperial Majesty for booking a cruise with a TA. Does anyone want it? I will email you the link and you just have to pay port charges and tax. It is good for 1 year, but my husband doesn't want to try any other company. Debbie

Where does it go?

Not sure how much port charges cost, but on a "pretend" booking, it showed government fees and taxes as $59.

I cruised on this ship about fifteen or so years ago when she was the Caribe for Commodore. Not sure that I would want to cruise on this ship again. Maybe if I lived close by and the price was cheap. Here she is recently docked and sailing out of Nassau. The ship is actually the Regal Empress but the cruise line is Imperial Majesty. The ship entered service in the early 1950's.

RegalEmpressdepartingNassau.jpg

NavigatorOTS114.jpg

We sailed on that ship about 15 years ago..we called it the TUG..but we had a great time on it!

For $59 for 2 nights..it would probably be a fun time!

We did 7 nights down to Jamaica & Grand Cayman. Was just talking to friends of ours that were on that ship too..they didn't remember it being too bad..just old and small...but we all had a blast!

I checked it out and it didn't have very good reviews but for $59.00 its a cheap weekend if you are going to be in the area. I live in Washington state so not such a good deal for me. I would of like more OBC instead. Debbie

Hmm, I could be interested. I saw it at port in the Bahamas a few years ago and found it interesting. It is unlikely that it will make it past the new fire regulations in 2010 and I thought I might try to sail on her before she's gone.

We sailed on that ship about 15 years ago..we called it the TUG..but we had a great time on it!

For $59 for 2 nights..it would probably be a fun time!

We did 7 nights down to Jamaica & Grand Cayman. Was just talking to friends of ours that were on that ship too..they didn't remember it being too bad..just old and small...but we all had a blast!

You must have cruised on this ship about the same time that we did. She was the Caribe and out of Miami. We went to Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Cozumel and Nassau for seven nights. She was a small ship but we had a lot of fun. Loved that small bar that was located up top and aft on the ship overlooking the pool area. The don't make em like her anymore. Maybe that's a good thing.:) Her days are numbered. She will not pass the new SOLAS standards and will be retired in the next year or so.

Hmm, I could be interested. I saw it at port in the Bahamas a few years ago and found it interesting. It is unlikely that it will make it past the new fire regulations in 2010 and I thought I might try to sail on her before she's gone.

Ljkool email me at deborito at myway dot com if you really are interested. I will give you the link with all the info. Debbie

You must have cruised on this ship about the same time that we did. She was the Caribe and out of Miami. We went to Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Cozumel and Nassau for seven nights. She was a small ship but we had a lot of fun. Loved that small bar that was located up top and aft on the ship overlooking the pool area. The don't make em like her anymore. Maybe that's a good thing.:) Her days are numbered. She will not pass the new SOLAS standards and will be retired in the next year or so.

We sailed on it the first year it became the Regal Empress..It sailed from Tampa..I remember thinking the pool looked like a styrofoam cooler :eek:

But we had such a good time on it..

That bar was the best! One night we were out there and such a severe thunderstorm kicked up..I just new that Metal Tub was gonna get hit!

They don't make them like that anymore..But I sure do like all the improvements they made along the way!

My very first cruise was on the SS Veracruz about 1985..I was in college and it was a GREAT price! About $300 for 7 days!..Don't know if you ever heard of that Ship (it was a converted freighter or something like that) Anyway I think it was about 15000 tons! The outside stairs were steep and metal..all the hallway doors you had to step up and over the lip and they were all oval..OMG it was quite interesting! I guess I can safely say I've moved up since then :) But there isn't one trip I've been on that wasn't a great time!

We sailed on her on a 2 night cruise to nowhere for New Year's Eve, I think it was back in 1990.. our 1 & only New Years cruise & had a ball..we booked last minute & ended up in an inside cabin with twin beds..

Archived