I may have to "jump ship"!

Since RCI to date has not posted any interesting new itineraries out of FL, I may have to go on the NCL Pearl next year. She is doing 7 nights out of Miami and including full days in both Samana, DR and Tortola! I do so wish RCI would give us some new islands out of FL, and a longer cruise would also be appreciated out of FL or TX.

I know how you feel...we were looking at Sep 08 but we have done the western route 3 times already....we are doing St. Maarten and Thomas on AOS in a few weeks so I really don't want to repeat those islands.

I am thinking of trying either the NOS or the new IOS western route because it includes Belize; which we have not been to.

I really wanted to go to Alaska this year but with the Serenade now sailing out of Vancouver vs. Seattle....too much money and the flight choices are not that great and expensive

We bouce back and fforth between Carnival and RCI so the itineraries are different.. We enjoy seeing new places! :)

I almost opted for Celebrity in December 2008, but CCL offers such a great deal to 'military', I just couldn't pass up the price.:p That cruise, tho' only 6 days, offers a full day in Key West which is what I've been looking for, on a newer ship, for quite some time!:D

I really wanted to go to Alaska this year but with the Serenade now sailing out of Vancouver vs. Seattle....too much money and the flight choices are not that great and expensive

Try Cathay Pacific out of JFK to Vancouver direct 414$ per person RT for the Serenade. I did it last year and it was wonderful.

Rhapsody is doing the round trip out of Seattle, have you thought about her?

Unfortunately, we are balcony snobs and the prices on the serenade for a balcony (even in September) is still very expensive.

We loved the serenade and would not consider a smaller/older ship for alaska...we have just put it on the "to do" list.

I agree. The caribbean itineraries are beyond boring with RCCL. It is a shame because I would stick with them and only them if they changed their ports more often. Another issue I noticed is that every southern AND eastern itinerary has St Martin/St Thomas. They can't even switch up their own ports in different carribean areas. :mad:

Most other lines also offer southern itineraries out of Florida while RCCL still makes you pay the price to fly to San Juan.

I saw the itinerary for the 8 night Eastern Carb. on the Jewel but could not get a cruise in before they discontinued that route.:( Tortola looked like something new and interesting. I like RCL but getting tired of the same ports, also.

39august, be sure to bring sunglasses because the decor on the Pearl is BLINDING!!!

As for the Serenade and Alaska, the prices don't seem to be that bad, and if you really want to get a lot for your $$$, consider doing the southbound repositioning in September, which is only $250pp more for another whole week of cruise (in addition to the Alaska portion). This is for next September in a balcony cabin.

I am not knocking the rccl product because we love the rccl ships and can't wait to get to diamond status...they do have the best repeat cruisers program. We are just getting tired of the same itins and the shows are starting to be repeats as well and we have always loved the entertainment on rccl.

We are giving HAL a quick try this August only beacause it sails from nyc and I don't have to use any vacation. We are trying Celebrity because I have always wanted to, the Solstice looks amazing so far and we would get the to use our rccl status.

We will wait and see what is offered in late April when the 09 itin's are released but we have already begun searching for other potential options that go to some different ports...I would love to stay with RC but really dont want to go back to GC, Cozumel and the like again...

I totally agree... the itineraries are just getting old... and it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have MULTIPLE ships doing the exact same itineraries...

We're doing Carnival in September and then hopping over to Princess in Feb 09... maybe by 2010 RC will switch things up a bit...

Still hoping for a 10 day out of Florida that does Southern Caribbean... *sigh*

I agree. The caribbean itineraries are beyond boring with RCCL. It is a shame because I would stick with them and only them if they changed their ports more often. Another issue I noticed is that every southern AND eastern itinerary has St Martin/St Thomas. They can't even switch up their own ports in different carribean areas. :mad:

Most other lines also offer southern itineraries out of Florida while RCCL still makes you pay the price to fly to San Juan.

One trip to the South Pacific and we realised the Caribbean was not for us. Same old stuff on every Island.

Cruising out of Sydney on Rhapsody in December with a stopover in Tonga. We'll be staying on a tiny island that has a small village and a "Resort" with 13 huts on the beach.

Paradise is out there, people, you just have to be adventurous enough to get out there and find it.

RCI has lots of stuff that is not "same old stuff." If you are tired of the Caribbean , then try Alaska, or New England, or Asia or Australia or Hawaii or South America or Bermuda etc. Even the Panama Canal is fun and different. The Caribbean is fun, but not the whole world. There are good reasons for lines using St Martin and St Thomas so often. Realize that not every Caribbean line wants thousands of people to come and enjoy the beach and then leave them with a mess. On top of that, there are only so many islands that can be reached in a week's cruise.

I agree with the majority on this one too! I love RCCL but it is the same itenerary, and to go anywhere different these days you have to fly to Dominican republic (Vision/Legend) or Panama (Enchantment). Both of which are VERY expensive to fly to!

Just my opinion, I am very happy with Princess' routes next year, and I have enjoyed them in the past (Just not as much as RCCL)

I also agree with the person above me. By far the cheapest place to cruise is the Caribbean, and it is usually very simple to find a great deal there if your travel dates are open.

I totally agree... the itineraries are just getting old... and it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have MULTIPLE ships doing the exact same itineraries...

We're doing Carnival in September and then hopping over to Princess in Feb 09... maybe by 2010 RC will switch things up a bit...

Still hoping for a 10 day out of Florida that does Southern Caribbean... *sigh*

YES YES YES YES YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME (10 day). They used to do a version of that on the Brilliance a few years ago. it was a 10 Day western that also went to Aruba/Curaco. I still think that was my favorite route. (The opposite 11 day went to panama). Princess does 2 of those 10 day routes. I wish RCCL would bring it back.

I saw the itinerary for the 8 night Eastern Carb. on the Jewel but could not get a cruise in before they discontinued that route.:( Tortola looked like something new and interesting. I like RCL but getting tired of the same ports, also.

I did that route this year and Loved it. Too bad they stopped it, on both the Jewel and the Radiance, it was a great route!

I too vote for longer Caribbean cruises that leave from somewhere on the mainland US (texas/florida). I want to get to St. Lucia b/c I hear it's beautiful but I won't fly to San Juan to go there.

I wish I could have done the 11 night Empress run :(

We did the 9 day Southern Caribbean on the Pearl in October. Awesome ship and itineray. Would happily sail with Norwegian again if the itinerary is one we wanted to do. We loved the freestyle dining, never had problems eating when and where we wanted.

Since RCI to date has not posted any interesting new itineraries out of FL, I may have to go on the NCL Pearl next year. She is doing 7 nights out of Miami and including full days in both Samana, DR and Tortola! I do so wish RCI would give us some new islands out of FL, and a longer cruise would also be appreciated out of FL or TX.

I agree... but, NCL wasn't for us. :o

Both Grandeur and Explorer have cruises visiting Tortola this fall.

Archived