Experience Flyers Question

Hi Everyone

I could use some advise on when to purchase airline tickets.

I will be cruising on Sept 19 to Vancouver from Fort Lauderdale and then returning from LA to Fort Lauderdale on Sept 27.

My concerns are:

Is it too soon to purchase tickets?

Is there a better time of year to purchase tickets to these places?

I am just a little concerned because it is so far off for my trip, that can flights change before that time? On the other hand I am not sure if I should wait because of the gas prices being where they are the prices might go much higher. As it is the least expensive flights that I can get will be over $1,000 for both.

Any advise from you frequent flyers would really be appreciated.

Thanks

I will be cruising on Sept 19 to Vancouver from Fort Lauderdale and then returning from LA to Fort Lauderdale on Sept 27.

Sorry - can't really help you with your question but how does one get on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver for only a maximum of 8 days?

Hi

I am not sure that I understand your question, but my cruise begins on Sept 21, but I am spending a couple of days in Vancouver before the cruise. This is a 6 day cruise, but with my two extra days it turns into an eight day trip.

We may be on the same cruise. I will be sailing on the NCL Star. Our stops are Vancouver, Victoria, Astoria OR, San Fran and ending in LA.

I can't wait to go. I just hope that I can find reasonably priced fares.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I could use some advise on when to purchase airline tickets.

My concerns are:

Is it too soon to purchase tickets?

Is there a better time of year to purchase tickets to these places?

I am just a little concerned because it is so far off for my trip, that can flights change before that time? On the other hand I am not sure if I should wait because of the gas prices being where they are the prices might go much higher. As it is the least expensive flights that I can get will be over $1,000 for both.

Any advise from you frequent flyers would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Not too soon, but you might be wise to set up some 'alerts' on http://www.kayak.com that will send you fares everyday if you set it up that way.

Or you can check manually at http://www.itasoftware.com (log in as 'guest').

You cannot buy tickets at either of these sites, but they will look all over the place for the best prices at the time of your search.

As I type this, the airfare for your trip on the dates you specify show as $414. round trip. The routing is MIA-YVR (going) and LAX-FLL (return) {Alaska Airlines}

Archived