Oosterdam 12/12/04

ozarkn

Hello Cruisers, I will be taking my 13 year old daughter on our first cruise. I have read a few posts regarding upcoming cruises on various dates but, I'm beginning to think we may be the only ones on the ship for this particular cruise. Anyone else? Is this an unpopular time? Any tips are welcome.

[quote name='ozarkn']Hello Cruisers, I will be taking my 13 year old daughter on our first cruise. I have read a few posts regarding upcoming cruises on various dates but, I'm beginning to think we may be the only ones on the ship for this particular cruise. Anyone else? Is this an unpopular time? Any tips are welcome.[/QUOTE]
I see you've already found the Roll Call thread for that cruise - that's where you'll find 'fellow travellers'. It is a slow time what with kids still in school (for the most part) and adults preparing for the holidays, but I'm sure the boat will be full. Not sure what sort of tips you're looking for (ports, dining, activities, etc.) but ask any questions and you're sure to get loads of answers.

Bon Voyage!

We're on the 12/12 cruise and picked it because it was so cheap due to the slow travel week I guess. We are traveling with our 18mo son so school wasn't an issue and we live in florida so it will be easy to get to the port.

We have been on many cruises in the past, but this will be our first with our son. Should be interesting...

Judging by the Roll Call, there are 4 form the board. We're in 5168. Would you happen to know anything about the Clarion Beach Resort Hotel. We're thinking of staying there before the cruise and possibly after. Mainly because it's on the beach and I belong the Choice Hotels Privileges Club. My daughter got an excused abscence for the trip.

Glad you found the Roll Call Board. DH and I will be there doing a B2B Dec. 5th -19th also. 20165 have fun with your son on the trip my baby boy Michael wants to come also but he's 22 and thinks this trip is Carnival with topless girls walking around. LOL Kids you got to love them. I hope you all have fun................I know I will.

TT

• 6 months later...
[quote name='ozarkn']Judging by the Roll Call, there are 4 form the board. We're in 5168. Would you happen to know anything about the Clarion Beach Resort Hotel. We're thinking of staying there before the cruise and possibly after. Mainly because it's on the beach and I belong the Choice Hotels Privileges Club. My daughter got an excused abscence for the trip.[/QUOTE]

here's alink to reviews of the hotel from people that have previously stayed there.
[url]http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34381-d84418-Reviews-Clarion_Resort_Lauderdale_Beach_Resort-Lauderdale_by_the_Sea_Florida.html[/url]

Bill

Archived