???'s for past Dawn cruisers

Mich1121

I am thinking of booking a Dawn 2009 cruise in May to Bermuda-leaving out of NY. To give you some info about me I have cruised on the Spirit in April of 06 and just off the Gem on 3/29. Will the Dawn compare to these two ships? Or will it be a little older, more run down type of ship.

Also, I'm assuming it will have the same types of restaurants and bars. I know they do not have bowling but what other type of indoor childrens activities do they have besides the kids club?

Last but not least-I fell in love with the Marini bar on the Gem and I hope that the Dawn as one too??? Any suggestions or thoughts you may have I would love to hear them. For the price NCL just gave me with the gas surcharge I can't beat it and am I am not looking into another cruise line.

Just returned from the Dawn, and you will really like this ship. It is well-maintained and has not shown any major signs of age. In fact, they were replacing a lot of the carpets in the hallways when we were sailing.

I am not sure if they have a martini bar, but they do have Gatsby's which has great singers and piano players. We hung out there every night.

I would suggest the balcony rooms.....they were very nice!

Thanks for the info! I quickly browsed other cruise lines but Royal Caribbean wants way more money for only 5 days of sailing-when I called NCL with my latitudes discount-my family of 4 can sail the dawn for only $2468.28 which I cant beat. (keep in mind I have a child that will be age 2 or else it would be more) I was really impressed with the #'s and that includes the gas surcharge. It looks like I will be booking it.

I was on the Dawn the week before Christmas and I loved it. The ship was extremely clean and very well maintained. The crew were very friendly, my balcony cabin was clean and very comfortable. I would sail the Dawn again and again. :D

Have fun!

Been on the Dawn twice and going again this June. We have 2 kids: now 5 and 10. DD was 2 the first time. We all LOVE the Dawn. No wear and tear visibility to speak of. And, check the Freestyle Dailies for the Martini clinic: 5 martinis for $10. You can't beat it. The last time it was in the Star Bar on the first sea day. Will definitely check it out again!

The Kid Crew is great! The pools are great! All the activities are great! You'll have an awesome time!

Happy Sailing!! :D

I am not sure if they have a martini bar, but they do have Gatsby's which has great singers and piano players. We hung out there every night.

I second that...When I was on the Dawn we spent every night at Gatsby's. The piano player was awesome and the bartender was super friendly. It wasn't often too crowded, either, which was nice.

We're just off the Dawn (two weeks) and we did like the ship but we didn't love it like we did the Jewel so I'm wondering how it will compare to the Gem. I'd like to hear some opinions. It has only one pool, no screens outside restaurants, and a few other differences. It is beautifully maintained however.

We just LOVE the Dawn. Going May 11th for the 6th time. It is wonderful. I am glad its coming to NY to do Bermuda.

Star Bar was a good place for us to hang out too! Go and you will love it too.

The movies were pretty cureent too. Just wonderful. Go and enjoy

I was on the Dawn the week before Christmas and I loved it. The ship was extremely clean and very well maintained. The crew were very friendly, my balcony cabin was clean and very comfortable. I would sail the Dawn again and again. :D

Have fun!

Hi Winnie...

It's been a couple of years since I've been on the Dawn. My sister and BIL are planning on booking Dawn from NY to Bermuda in 2009. They are pool and beach people, unlike DH and me. I can't remember what the one pool was like on sea days. Is the pool over run with kids???

We just got off the Gem, (DH, Sis, BIL and me), and Gem has two main pools, one for adults only. Is it going to be problem for them on Dawn with only one main pool.

If I recall, Dawn has a lap pool in the spa area which is adults only. Did you use the spa area pool at all? I can remember swimming in the lap pool but can't remember what the temperature of the water was. Anyone know???

We also just returned from the Dawn. I will second the recommendation for Gatsby's area. We loved the piano player/singer and the whole area was very relaxing. I think my husband and I spent most of our time in that area during the evening when the kids were at kid's club.

Archived