hearing your neighbors??

ortech

On one cruise my neighbors introduced themselves by saying they were light sleepers and the toilets were noisy so would I please not flush during the night.

On another cruise I could hear the person in the cabin next door snore all night long all week long!

:)

On one cruise my neighbors introduced themselves by saying they were light sleepers and the toilets were noisy so would I please not flush during the night.

On another cruise I could hear the person in the cabin next door snore all night long all week long!

we take a sound machine with us just for all the reasons listed on here !!Sometimes we bring a small fan too.:)

On our last cruise we had a balcony. The people in the next cabin to us would wake at about 5am, saunter out onto their balcony and slam the balcony door every morning.

This cruise we have gone for an ocean view. Hopefully may get a lie-in on this holiday.

Oh my, this thread reminds me of the stay I had at a Loews hotel.

We heard the woman, the man AND the bed while watching TV. What was more disturbing was seeing them the next day strolling down the hallway.

I am going with a family group and my room is on the NCL Spirit and has an inside connecting door to the next room. My DD and I are not connected to other family members (where i could tell them to hold it down, lol). With the connecting door will we be able to hear our connecting neighbor and vice versus? We are not very loud ourselves, but I would hate to disturb anyone else if the tv was on too loud or my dd got into a giggling fit.

Well, on our first cruise, we had an inside cabin and never heard anything. But then, we were so pooped from each excursion in the Med, that we zonked out as soon as we hit the bed.

On our second cruise (transatlantic), we booked a guarantee balcony cabin, which has its pros and cons. We got an upgraded cabin, however, it was an adjoining cabin. Our neighbours were fine, as long as they were not in their room! They would party somewhere on the ship til 2 or 3 in the morning and then return to their cabin ( along with other friends) and carry on as if it was in the middle of the day. They also played loud music( sounded like Belly dancing music to us). Now we don't mind if folks carry on til around 1PM, since we were rarely back in our rooms before this time. However, thereafter, we expect some peace and quiet. After the first two nights of partying, we finally had no choice but to complain. Ship's staff must have done something about it, as it was much better thereafter. You could still hear conversations, but at least voices were not very loud and conversations didn't last very long. This was a 12 night cruise and there's no way we could have tolerated the noise level for the entire cruise.

We're still new to cruising, but we certainly learned not to book a "G" cabin in the future - don't want to get an adjoining cabin again!

Archived