hearing your neighbors??

ortech

This is going to be my first cruise and i was wondering do you hear your neighbors? for example...when they are taking showers ,changing, conversations, etc..hoooo hummm you know <wink>:D i got an inside room and i was just wondering... thanks

on elation & jubilee, we could hear our kids next door on occasion, but not much. of course, we didn't spend much time in the room. if you're worried about umm marital activities, i don't think you would hear anything as long as no one is bumping against a wall or is a screamer.

When we were on the Fascination we had a OV on the Main deck connecting room and we could hear them open there cereal in the morning!:eek: Of course they had the beds together on the wall where the door should open. Never had a problem when it was not a connecting cabin. When I book now I make sure that does not happen again.

This is going to be my first cruise and i was wondering do you hear your neighbors? for example...when they are taking showers ,changing, conversations, etc..hoooo hummm you know <wink>:D i got an inside room and i was just wondering... thanks
Screamer or moaner? Are you worried?:D

On our first cruise we didn't hear anything in the cabins next to us, but the ship itself was terribly noisy. Several times throughout every night we were awakened by an explosion sound. Of course we couldn't sleep and it worried us so much we made a call to inquire about it. They sent someone up and were told a water pipe draining water in and out of the pool was in the wall behind our bed. I can't remember what room it was, but it was horrible. I could hear the "boom" starting to incease in intensity from a distance. First a small boom....boom....boom, then "BOOM". I would have prefered to hear the people next door.

Well, my experience has been quite different. I can hear people "talking" not the words but the muffled voices.

One cruise, we did hear a couple and their noises. My mom thought someone was crying next door and I assured her that they were fine.:rolleyes:

I have found that an inside cabin is noiser than an outside cabin. Not sure if that was just because of the different ships we were on or just coincidence.

It's no different from a hotel--if you or your neighbors are REALLY loud, you may hear. Regular conversation is private.

On balconies, tho, as they are open, you can hear conversation, especially from the balcony in FRONT of your's when the ship is moving and the wind is blowing your direction!

Last week on the Carnival Elation, we didn't hear our neighbors at all. We could only hear people talking if they were walking down the hallway and we didn't have our TV on or the A/C on a bit high, which causes some good white noise and blocks most everything else out. We could also barely hear toilet flushing occasionally, but only if you were in the bathroom or awake at night.

As long as you're booked on the Norwegian Spirit you'll be safe for sure. The sound produced by any in room activities should be drowned out by the back-fire of the engines. :D

HAHAHA that was good!!!!

As long as you're booked on the Norwegian Spirit you'll be safe for sure. The sound produced by any in room activities should be drowned out by the back-fire of the engines. :D

I was on the NCL Spirit for 15 days and we never heard backfire from the engines. The biggest problem was the door locks were stiff and you had to slam the door to get it to close. You could walk down the hall and see several cabin doors that were ajar against the latch.

The only ship we really had a noise issue was on the Holiday. If both cabins had their bathroom doors open you could hear conversations.

Dave

I was on the Spirit when the engine blew (9-16 Dec 2007), so my Spirit experience was a little different from yours, no doubt. I also agree about the doors. There did seem to be an exceptional amount of door slamming as well. Strong door springs maybe?

D-Man, congratulations, by the way!

I've been on the lines/ships listed in my signature and never heard my neighbors. On Carnival I was in a less-than-prime location and could slightly hear a crew party on the deck below us one night, but it didn't disturb me. You might also hear someone coming "home" late in the middle of the night in the hallway, but I've never had a problem.

Archived