No Irons onboard, so....

I hear there are no in room irons allowed, which makes sense, seeing if there is a fire, you have nowhere to go but into the water.

Anyone ever try Wrinkle free? How do you guys keep your polos and stuff from being all wrinkled up?

I hear there are no in room irons allowed, which makes sense, seeing if there is a fire, you have nowhere to go but into the water.

Anyone ever try Wrinkle free? How do you guys keep your polos and stuff from being all wrinkled up?

Not sure what I'm going to do either..kinf of a "wrinkle fantatic"..lol..I wonder if they will allow one of those hand held steamers?

Downy Wrinkle Release works great. Spray it on, smooth out your clothes and let them dry. Took a bottle to Europe, used it the night before on our clothes and it worked everytime. Cotton shorts, capris, pants, golf shirts, t-shirts.

I always pack a small bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release to use on cottons and cotton blends. Works well for me, however I don't need to use it as often now that I pack most of our shirts, skirts and formal dresses in plastic bags from the dry cleaner.

I press our clothes before I pack and put most shirts and dresses on hangers then encase each hanger in a plastic dry cleaner bag. The hanging clothes are packed at the top of the suitcase before I close it.

T-shirts and shorts are pressed, folded and then put into large 2 or 2 1/2 gallon zip bags. I press the air out of the bags as I seal them. The zip bags go at the bottom of the luggage as I pack.

Have rarely had a problem with wrinkles since I started using this method and really enjoy not carrying a steamer or an illegal travel iron on cruises.

Dianne

Not sure what I'm going to do either..kinf of a "wrinkle fantatic"..lol..I wonder if they will allow one of those hand held steamers?

They allow steamers but not irons. On my last three RCI cruises, the Captain reminded everyone during the muster drill that irons were not allowed on board and it also states this on your cruise documents. :)

Downy wrinkle release works well on our toddlers clothig...I guess since it's small surface. But, not real keen on it for our clothing. If it's something really bad wrinkled we send out for "press only" service through launder on ship. Cabin steward p/u in AM and has by your dinner the same evening. Very inexpensive for press only service. DH, does this quite often for his linen slacks, so he can wear 2x on cruise and all my silk items are perfectly crisp when they do it. It is actually cheaper there then what we pay here at our cleaners for press only.

Golf shirts for him, we just hang in shower area for steam, while we are showering.

I too am a wrinkle fanatic and I can't stand having wrinkled clothing. I iron everything before we go and fold shirts with tissue paper (like the cleaners). It helps a lot, plus I do use the Downy wrinkle release. It does work if you get enough of it on there and then smooth the shirts while they are damp. I figure we won't be the only people onboard with a wrinkle or two on our clothes! If they're really badly wrinkled, you can always pay to have them pressed at the onboard laundry.

I am also a wrinkle and was plannng on using space bags and carrying a travel iron in our luggage. Not sure if the iron is allowed onboard. Has anyone tried packing with space bags? If so, how did your clothes stand up? Were there a lot of wrinkles. Were they easy to get out?

I am also a wrinkle and was plannng on using space bags and carrying a travel iron in our luggage. Not sure if the iron is allowed onboard. Has anyone tried packing with space bags? If so, how did your clothes stand up? Were there a lot of wrinkles. Were they easy to get out?

As said before, travel irons are a not allowed.

I used to use space bags but now use the 2-gal and 2 1/2-gal zip lock bags for cotton shirts and shorts. Have found they work just as well, are much cheaper and last much longer than the space bags.

I normally pack up to 4 t-shirts in a bag, laying each folded shirt inside the bag, one on top of the other. I roll the air out of the bags, starting at the bottom of the bag until the roll is close to the zip closing and then zip the bag shut.

When packing the suitcase, the bags of shirts are laid flat at the bottom of our suitcase. Have had almost no wrinkles in our t-shirts, shorts or other items packed this way.

If I find a wrinkle when we unpack I just wet the wrinkle well with wrinkle releaser, press out the wrinkle with my fingers and allow the item to dry.

Dianne

My dress was badly wrinkled one cruise and I turned the shower on really hot with the door closed for a minute then turned it off and hung the dress in the bathroom and the wrinkles were gone. We then bought one of the hand held steamers. I also fold pants in half but all on top of one another then fold the big U shapped stack of pants with the most apt to wrinkle on the outside of the U, jeans are put in the stack last since they don't wrinkle. There is no crease in the leg portion this way.

They will hold your luggage for a travel iron check. On our last cruise on the VOTS one piece of our luggage never showed up and after late dining we went by guest relations. They had it in the room behind the desk. They asked if I had any alcohol and honestly replied no. The took a quick look in the top part of the luggage but did not look in the bottom zippered part were my shoes were as well as a small travel iron. The said that during screening something must have looked odd. I quickly rolled on out of there before they looked any further.

The travel iron was very small but effective. The funny thing is my wife's curling iron and other hair heater type things produce a lot more heat and wattage than a travel iron but she is allowed to bring them on.

When I pack, I try to make the least amount of folds per item. For shirts I just fold them in half and fold the sleeves across the front. Usually they come out just fine and almost wrinkle free. But just in case, I'm packing my garment steamer.

We're fans of rolling our clothing as well. NO wrinkles.

I wouldnt bother toting an iron, IM ON VACATION, why would I want to iron whnen there is a wonderfully and not expensive pressing and laundry service? :rolleyes: Actually the laundry service is alot cheaper than our local land cleaners, that when we pack if some garments are somewhat wrinkled, we actually opt to pack and have them pressed on board. Downy wrinkle release works well too but I rather smell like my perfume. (great for kids clothes tho)

Enjoy your cruise, no one but you will see your wrinkles anyway!

I pack many things on hangers in the plastic bags from the dry cleaners and they usually fare pretty well. I use Downy wrinkle releaser and that helps a lot with folded clothes. I will also occasionally "iron" something small like a tie belt or an unwanted crease in a hem using my flat iron. It works great! I've even been known to use that trick at home in the mornings when I find a wrinkle I wasn't expecting!

I sent our things out to be pressed as soon as we got our luggage. We had a lot of clothes that needed to be pressed and it came to $11 for everything and we got it all back the next day neatly pressed and on hangers. Well worth the $11.00!!!

Archived