Victory Question

luvtacruise27

Can anyone out there tell me why cabins 1001, 1002, 1003 and 1004 on the Panorama Deck on Victory are considered obstructed view?:confused:

It appears that outside the windows there is no public access to walk on. Does anyone know if that is so? thanks.

luvtacruise27

They are under the bridge but you have to look out over the bow of the ship before you see the ocean. You are not just looking straight out to sea as you would be on the sides of the ship. That white space is a deck and some people find their way out there so those cabins are not private either.

Can anyone out there tell me why cabins 1001, 1002, 1003 and 1004 on the Panorama Deck on Victory are considered obstructed view?:confused:

It appears that outside the windows there is no public access to walk on. Does anyone know if that is so? thanks.

luvtacruise27

There is a public deck area in front of those cabins. The deck area itself is an obstruction.

You will also have to keep your curtains closed at night as it is a public area, and that is another obstruction.

There is a public deck area in front of those cabins. The deck area itself is an obstruction.

You will also have to keep your curtains closed at night as it is a public area, and that is another obstruction.

Yup....spent lots of time on that deck especially coming into port.

It is most definitely a public area although most are unaware of it. Even tho we book a balcony on the panorama deck we usually go out on the forward deck for sailaway and pulling into port so we can get better pics. Better close them curtains or I'll be peeping in (not really but I'm sure many would which is why I would never book 1 of these cabins)

• 4 years later...

luvtacruise27

Your questions have already been answered, but I thought I would refer you to my photos in my Liberty review so you can see what the deck looks like. In my photobucket link, the cabin photos are at the very beginning and end of the album.

I tried, and you really can't see out of the windows during the day, and you have to keep your curtains closed at night (due to the reflections possibly causing navigation issues).

While it's true it's not truly private (no nude sunbathing! :D), not many people are aware of the "secret" doors and not many show up there. When the wind is high they lock them. I loved the light the window provided in my "inside" room, and you get terrific views as you arrive and leave the ports of call!

There are actually several decks that have these forward decks. There are doors that you go out to get on these decks. They really are nice to hang out on. But I agree, I wouldn't book 1 of these cabins either.

We accidentally made our way onto one of these decks at night. Oh boy were we in shock, the wind was whipping really bad and it was VERY choppy! Mid-ship didn't feel as bad as that. We didn't go out on that deck for fear we would be blown off the deck! This deck is mainly good for pulling into/out of port or when at dock!!!

Archived