Does anyone wear a fanny pack?

Wasubi03

I hate to say it but I am thinking of wearing a fanny pack so I can put my wallet, cell phone, and passport in it! I know it's not cool to wear a fanny pack but I am just curious how many people use them or think it is a good idea?:D

I hate to say it but I am thinking of wearing a fanny pack so I can put my wallet, cell phone, and passport in it! I know it's not cool to wear a fanny pack but I am just curious how many people use them or think it is a good idea?:D

They may not be cool but they are useful! I will wear the one I have for the digital camera, wallet, seapass card, etc. Depending on the excursion will also take a backpack for carting purchases around a lil easier :)

Warren and Yvonne

I wear one a LOT, much to the chagrin of my daughters and husband. :rolleyes: I bring two sizes on a cruise. A small, black one just to wear around the ship to carry my sail and sign card, lipstick, etc. A medium size one to wear off the ship for shopping, sunglasses, etc. I can't stand having something on my shoulder. I like handsfree! (No matter what my family says. :p I say GO FOR IT!

I wear one on cruises and I DON'T care if they are fashionable or not:eek: I tried one of those over the shoulder sling bags last cruise and it just didn't work for me! So back to the fanny pack for me- Call the fashion police:)

I love a fanny pack it is very convenient and I just don't care if they are not in fashion. Not like I am wearing it in the dining room on formal night.

I will wear it on embarkation day to keep all my paperwork handy for the plane and getting on the ship. Sometimes on excursions. I don't care if everyone knows I am a tourist, that is what I am. I like my hands free also.

Im in total agreement - fanny pack here I come. DS and DH used to make fun of me, but then I ended up carrying their things too.

Im also a big fan of the Baggalini. LOVE IT more than a fanny pack.

Funny how they stop laughing when I refused to carry their stuff.:D I wear one in port as well. It's not like I'm going to pass for a local anyway in some places and I don't really care if I look like a tourist. As someone else said, I am, and I'm way past the age of fashion first.:)

What's a baggalini?

I, personally, do not like them. However, to whoever said it makes you look like a tourist: Do you really think the locals think that anyone who gets off a cruise ship at a certain time and is walking around shopping looks like a local??

Im in total agreement - fanny pack here I come. DS and DH used to make fun of me, but then I ended up carrying their things too.

Im also a big fan of the Baggalini. LOVE IT more than a fanny pack.

Oh my, I forgot that my DH always makes fun of it but he ALWAYS asks me to carry an extra pack of cigarettes in mine. I also put advil in there in case of a headache or something and he will ask for those as well. Thanks for reminding me.:)

I read something that said fanny packs aren't as "secure" as most people think!

And, no, I don't and won't wear one! (Why would I want to give the illusion that my stomach (or fanny) is "packed"? Add pounds and pounds to your look.

I had one years ago that I wore when we went to Disneyland, hte hands free feature is great.

Fast forward a few years and now I would never wear it again. I've found a small organized purse that is worn across the body, has enough space for anything you may need for the daytime and not so large a husband or child can ask you to accomodate any of their junk.

http://www.ebags.com/kipling/eldorado_travel_organizer_small/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=16695

Or, a bit large one:

http://www.ebags.com/kipling/lancelot_snap_front_shoulder_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=12140

You know what I've discovered is a great small bag to put all those things, both on the plane and on excursions is the Hey's Travelmate bag, it is like a small pouch, can go over your shoulder, has a passport holder and an external pouch for cell phone and water bottle. Its got a zillion compartments too. And it looks cool...:cool:

My wife wears one and gets nothing but jokes from me. That is until I need her to hold my cell phone or wallet. We are a young couple, and dress with the times, but she insists on wearing the fanny pack places like disney world. It drives me crazy, as I know she looks like a complete dork. But....who cares, I love her anyway.:D

My wife wears one and gets nothing but jokes from me. That is until I need her to hold my cell phone or wallet. We are a young couple, and dress with the times, but she insists on wearing the fanny pack places like disney world. It drives me crazy, as I know she looks like a complete dork. But....who cares, I love her anyway.:D

You are so sweet :) .

Why don't you wear your own fanny pack and carry your own cell phone..she'll probably say the same things about you :p

Archived