Is it worth e-mailing RCI re dinner time?

We are on a Mediterranean cruise on Splendour in September and I see from other posts that we could be dining at 9.30pm. We are happy with late seating at 8.30pm but 9.30 is too late. Would it be worth e-mailing RCI to ask for 8.30pm or do we have to wait with trepidation???:confused:

It never hurts to ask. Personally, I hope that they institute MyTime dinning fleet wide so I don't have a set dinning time and can still take advantage of the pleasantries of the dinning room.

I have heard this is standard Royal Caribbean procedure on European and Med cruise as a late dining time is standard for them. It is not unusual for a ship sailing there to adjust their dining times to ridiculously late hours. I am set for Early dining on my Transatlantic but will switch to late if they do not have it too too late.

We always specify what time we want for our dinner seating when we book! That way, if we can't get the right time, we'll book a different cruise! (Same with cabin selection).

When you booked, weren't you asked your dining preference?

Yes, we were asked and we requested late seating. The point is that there are 2 times in each of the seatings so for our late seating we could either be given 8.30 or 9.30 - they are both classed as late seating!

Yes, we were asked and we requested late seating. The point is that there are 2 times in each of the seatings so for our late seating we could either be given 8.30 or 9.30 - they are both classed as late seating!
Four seating times at dinner? That's a new one on me. Are you sure about that?

Four seating times at dinner? That's a new one on me. Are you sure about that?

There were four seating times on the Legend from Rome last summer. First seating was at 6:00 in the upper dining room then 6:30 dining started in the lower dining room; same procedure was applied to late seating which I believe started at 8:30.

Kathy

Just spoken to a man at RCI UK who says his schedule for this year gives late seating as 9.00pm - just the one time. I know I have read on CC that someone received their travel docs for the same cruise but for May and they were given 9.30pm. Maybe we will just have to wait until our docs come, but 9.30pm is VERY late to eat!!!

Archived