New Miracle NYC Itinerary - Anyone Interested in CC Cruise July 2009?

SnowWhiteNYC

I truly thought the savings would be much better than what they have offered. I too will have too look somewhere else. I cannot afford those prices right now. If prices are reduced lower then we will reconsider. But I will keep coming to the board to see what the stats are.

Angela

:( Very disappointed. One would think that with this much interest the rates would be a couple hundred less than list.

If this is the case, I and the other 11 in my party will need to go elsewhere. There are other sites that are close in price but you get free insurance AND a couple hundred OBC, making it a much better deal than this "group rate"...

Will keep watching for a few days to see what Snow says...

I was reading your thread about the group cruise. I have a password to do threads. My daughter is graduating from high school in June 2009, and are interesting in doing a cruise out of new york. I was wondering how the group cruise works, and what deposit would be needed. If you could let me know I would aprecciated, plus I will keep looking for updated about the group cruise 2009.

:( Very disappointed. One would think that with this much interest the rates would be a couple hundred less than list.

If this is the case, I and the other 11 in my party will need to go elsewhere. There are other sites that are close in price but you get free insurance AND a couple hundred OBC, making it a much better deal than this "group rate"...

Will keep watching for a few days to see what Snow says...

Can you tell me which other sites you found with free insurance and $200 obc for this sailing? I have searched high and low, both on line and with my TA, and can't find this deal.

Thanks.

• Administrators
Can you tell me which other sites you found with free insurance and $200 obc for this sailing? I have searched high and low, both on line and with my TA, and can't find this deal.

Thanks.

I'd like to know that as well.

Laura

I should rephrase my comment. The price I found was comparitive: 1599 for a cat 8a. The free insurance offer is for the first two passengers in the cabin only. The OBC is based on how much you spend on the room and how many points you acquire. You get 3 points for every dollar spent.

So, if the room comes out to say, 4600, you gain 13,800 points to use in the web site's store. A $200 obc is 10,750 points and a $50 obc is 3000 points. In this scenario you could actually gain $250 in obc for the cabin.

Which is cool cause it covers the gratuities.

Let's see what snow says.. Maybe she can get a better quote from CC's TA. Have to do better than $40 pp savings. At least kick in an obc.

Hi all!

Had a great cruise!

Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk WERE FABULOUS BEYOND COMPARE AND SURPASSED ALL EXPECTATIONS!

I can't wait to go back next year on the Miracle!

I know that this price wasn't as great as we were all hoping for - but this cruise will sell out!

These ports of call are worth the $ and being part of a CC group is fantastic.

On the Freedom last week, wow! The CC activities made this a truly memorable cruise- the Cabin Crawl, the Meet and Greet, and Cocktail party were awesome!

I am already booked, I know this will be great!

Hoping that many of you will join!

Susie

I will be posting pix of Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk in the next day or so.

Hi all!

Had a great cruise!

Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk WERE FABULOUS BEYOND COMPARE AND SURPASSED ALL EXPECTATIONS!

I can't wait to go back next year on the Miracle!

I know that this price wasn't as great as we were all hoping for - but this cruise will sell out!

These ports of call are worth the $ and being part of a CC group is fantastic.

On the Freedom last week, wow! The CC activities made this a truly memorable cruise- the Cabin Crawl, the Meet and Greet, and Cocktail party were awesome!

I am already booked, I know this will be great!

Hoping that many of you will join!

Susie

I will be posting pix of Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk in the next day or so.

Glad to hear your trip was great. Based on what you said above it appears that the 1559 for a cat 8a is the best it's gonna get through CC's TA.

I'm going to poke around and weigh my options, especially with 11 people in 5 cabins.

This will be a soldout sailing!

Take advantage of the $25 deposit.

See the ~~OFFICIAL LINK~~

Let's make this a great CC cruise!

I'll be posting pix of HMC and Grand Turk!

They were awesome ports! Can't wait to go back!

Susie

Where do I find info on the $25 deposit?

In the Member Cruises section, scroll down until you find the link for this date. The info on the deposit is included there. There is also an e-mail address where you can send a request for the actual pricing info.

In the Member Cruises section, scroll down until you find the link for this date. The info on the deposit is included there. There is also an e-mail address where you can send a request for the actual pricing info.

I just went there and there is only a chit chat thread and a who's booked thread .

I picked the July date for two reasons:

1. I'm a teacher in NYC and we don't finish until the end of June

2. This one involves the holiday and hopefully one less vacation day

Sounds like a great itinerary and I LOVE the 8 nite cruises - especially love the sea days!

Susie

...if we hadn't planned on taking the whole family next April vacation, I would be on this one in a minute (especially because we could take a bus to NY and save on airfare!)

Nice seeing you on the Freedom (are you all settled back to school - it was hard dragging myself in to school on Monday morning!)

Lynn

Last time the Miracle was in NY doing the special sailings to the Bahamas (and Port Canaveral) in the summer (but only 7 days), it was $500 pp cheaper than the Legend (8 days), but tended to attract those that paid $500 cheaper. :eek:

Sorry for any confusion!

I posted the links in our thread in the Group Cruises forum. Hope that helps.

I also started an "Official Thread" here on the Carnival Board.

I'll bump it up

Another good link for information on this cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupinfo.cfm

You can call Johna at Crucon at 1-800-493-6609

Let's get this party started!

Susie

Hey! The Miracle has just announced a new NYC itinerary beginning in May of 2009. Anyone interested in a CC group cruise on July 3, 2009?

The itinerary:

Fri, July 3, 2009: Leave NYC

Sat - Sun, July 4 - 5, 2009: Sea days

Mon, July 6, 2009: Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos) 7a - 3p

Tues, July 7, 2009: Half Moon Cay (private island in Bahamas) 9a - 5p

Weds, July 8, 2009: Nassau (Bahamas) 7a - 6p

Thurs - Fri, July 9 - 10: Sea days

Sat, July 11, 2009: Arrive back in NYC

Carnival has prices listed as follows:

Int: 1259, OV: 1389, Balc: 1569

Hopefully a CC group cruise would be significantly better than those prices

Keep in mind it is a holiday week, and most of us will be able to take an 8 nite vacation with only 5 vacation days (Many companies will close on the third for the holiday!)

Anyone interested????

I know I am!!!!

Let's get it started!!!!

I think you are definately addicted to cruising:D ...LMAO Hope we see you guys on another cruise...

I saw this post and read the Miracle has a new destination from NYC.

This is great as I did the other 8 day one twice already.

This one is great. I also wanted to go to Grand Turk.

So how did I get in with you guys - With the 25.00 deposit and what the rates are? Of course I want a balcony. I only live 10 minutes from the piers so I always try to sail out of NYC. I love when they finally change the ports instead of the same old thing. I am glad that Carnival got smart and did it. It always seems to be the same old thing. I just love this one.

4 sea days and 3 full days. AWESOME.. We are a couple that would be

very interested in booking a balcony cabin can anyone help us so that we

do it through the CC and do the 25.00 deposit as well. I usually don't

like to book this far away but I think you are righ that these will sell out.

Thanks again.

David

Great to have you join us!

Here is the link for booking information:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=160

There is more information on pricing here (be sure to scroll down to the Miracle 07/03/09):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupinfo.cfm

Crucon is the agency CC has linked us with. Johna is the TA we are dealing with. Her number is 1-800-493-6609.

The $25 Deposit is good until May 14. The rest of the deposit, $275 isn't due until January!

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Susie

Maybe we can try a meeting place..........if Pete tells you I stand people up.........I won't do it this time

YES! I'll vouch for that.

Where's Pete? I was figuring he would have been the first to say he'd go!

I'm not discounting the thought, but I wouldn't be able to consider the timing until the dance school schedule comes out next year.

A change to new ports of call is just what NY needs. The SJ/ST Thomas/Tortola was not the best itinerary. Loved the 4 days at sea though!

Archived