New Miracle NYC Itinerary - Anyone Interested in CC Cruise July 2009?

SnowWhiteNYC

Hey! The Miracle has just announced a new NYC itinerary beginning in May of 2009. Anyone interested in a CC group cruise on July 3, 2009?

The itinerary:

Fri, July 3, 2009: Leave NYC

Sat - Sun, July 4 - 5, 2009: Sea days

Mon, July 6, 2009: Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos) 7a - 3p

Tues, July 7, 2009: Half Moon Cay (private island in Bahamas) 9a - 5p

Weds, July 8, 2009: Nassau (Bahamas) 7a - 6p

Thurs - Fri, July 9 - 10: Sea days

Sat, July 11, 2009: Arrive back in NYC

Carnival has prices listed as follows:

Int: 1259, OV: 1389, Balc: 1569

Hopefully a CC group cruise would be significantly better than those prices

Keep in mind it is a holiday week, and most of us will be able to take an 8 nite vacation with only 5 vacation days (Many companies will close on the third for the holiday!)

Anyone interested????

I know I am!!!!

Let's get it started!!!!

Hubby and I were going to take a cruise to Alaska this summer for our 25th anniversary....but he is having surgery, so we are doing a smaller cruise to Canada........

He was thinking next year.....but maybe this group cruise would make him happy too

Hubby and I were going to take a cruise to Alaska this summer for our 25th anniversary....but he is having surgery, so we are doing a smaller cruise to Canada........

He was thinking next year.....but maybe this group cruise would make him happy too

Just checked with hubby...he seems interested!

I wonder what price my TA could get.........is the price above with past cruiser discounts?

That price was without the past cruiser discount. If it's a cruise critic group cruise the price is usually a significant savings...

My DH and I are doing a CC group cruise next week on the Freedom. We had originally booked it on our own and it was 1439 for a balcony. With the CC group cruise, same cabin, $919 plus $100 obc per cabin....not bad!

Can't count on the same savings for this one, but we can hope!

I think this would be awesome!

Susie

Maybe we can try a meeting place..........if Pete tells you I stand people up.........I won't do it this time

I tried starting a roll call a few months ago but it died - probably just too early on this itinerary. Maybe I'll try again, since we're getting closer!

I picked the July date for two reasons:

1. I'm a teacher in NYC and we don't finish until the end of June

2. This one involves the holiday and hopefully one less vacation day

Sounds like a great itinerary and I LOVE the 8 nite cruises - especially love the sea days!

Susie

Since we have kids in school, we're also limited to 7/3, 7/19 or 8/4.

Guest Crazeecat5

New itinerary, finally! Would love to do this cruise in September. I'm a retired NYC school teacher so I understand your situation. But now, I can finally vacation in the off season, so I'll be looking for a CC group cruise at that time.

Sheryl

Since we have kids in school, we're also limited to 7/3, 7/19 or 8/4.

I'm retired, so it doesn't matter to me -- HOWEVER, this is the time of year I take my granddaughter on her summer cruise so July 3 is great for me!!!!

NYbumpkin -- didn't you cause me to lose a day on my Conquest cruise because of Hurricane Dennis a few years ago?????:D LOL

Thanks Susie! I try! And besides -- I get to go on a cruise, too!

She has such a great time, and is very excited that this year (our Liberty cruise in July) she will be a part of Club O2 (she will be 15 in a couple of weeks). I was on the Freedom last week and sorta saw their Club O2 facility which was really nice. I brought back the capers for her. Last year, we took her on the Miracle out of NYC -- her first visit there, and she's been wanting to go back. Maybe this cruise will be the one!! We love going out of NYC! It's much more convenient to take the train up there than flying to FL.

Sharon

Sounds like a great itinerary and I LOVE the 8 nite cruises - especially love the sea days!

Susie

Hi Susie,

We just saw this new itinerary and would be interested in joining you. My wife is also a teacher, so we too are limited in travel dates. It seems like CC group cruises are almost never in the summer, (for obvious reasons for those who can travel at other times), so it is great to find a potential trip we can take.

Guest Crazeecat5

Susie,

I was a Math Coach for an elementary school in Queens until I retired to Pa. almost 2 years ago. What a coincidence!

Sheryl

NYbumpkin -- didn't you cause me to lose a day on my Conquest cruise because of Hurricane Dennis a few years ago?????:D LOL

Yup - That was me! ;) We ended up missing Grand Cayman on that one thanks to the hurricane, too.

Didn't you sail Victory to Canada last year, too?

Yup - That was me! ;) We ended up missing Grand Cayman on that one thanks to the hurricane, too.

Didn't you sail Victory to Canada last year, too?

I thought so!!!:D We missed Jamaica but got to Grand Cayman and Cozumel with no problem. So I finally made it to Jamaica for the first time last week.

Yes, my sister and I take a couple of trips every year, and last fall we did the Canada trip on Victory. In fact, that was our 3rd trip up there. It's so different that the Caribbean! We did the last trip for the year. Our first trip up there was on the Triumph when they were running that ship up north.

Archived