New Miracle NYC Itinerary - Anyone Interested in CC Cruise July 2009?

SnowWhiteNYC

Looking into going again next year as they have added a new itinerary. Doubt July will be a possibility since we like to go in May and have been lucky with some very nice prices. Good luck with putting together a crew, I hope the new islands will be just as wonderful as the cruises we've had with Carnival.

Another teacher here. Third grade for 21 years in central NJ. This cruise does sound interesting. Wanted to book something for april 09 ( this year my kidsa and I have same week off) but so far too expensive for me so perhaps this is a good alternative for my family.

I spent 7 years teaching grade 3 until switching to middle school 14 years ago....

Hopefully a group of us will make the price VERY doable...

The itinerary sounds great to me. Doing 2 of these ports in about a week. I'll be sailing on the Freedom leaving Miami on the 19th.

The Miracle leaving NYC saves us a very long drive!

Susie

I haven't gotten prices yet...

I think we have enough interest for CC to make this official. I'm going to contact the manager and start getting prices. But, I'm doing a CC cruise on the 19th of April on the Freedom. We saved about $500 per person over the Carnival rates for the same category.... We're hoping to match that or better

The more the merrier!!!!!

Susie

I picked the July date for two reasons:

1. I'm a teacher in NYC and we don't finish until the end of June

2. This one involves the holiday and hopefully one less vacation day

Sounds like a great itinerary and I LOVE the 8 nite cruises - especially love the sea days!

Susie

Snow....hubby and I teach in NYC also.....so July would be perfect for us......we are both in the Bronx

This is getting exciting!

What does your wife teach?

I'm a Math Coach for a middle school - I've been out of the classroom for 5 years now....

Susie

My wife is a science cluster teacher in an elementary school. I am an administrator now, but I was also a teacher before that.

I hope all these educators don't scare away everyone else. :)

I spent 7 years teaching grade 3 until switching to middle school 14 years ago....

Hopefully a group of us will make the price VERY doable...

The itinerary sounds great to me. Doing 2 of these ports in about a week. I'll be sailing on the Freedom leaving Miami on the 19th.

The Miracle leaving NYC saves us a very long drive!

Susie

Hubby taught HS Math in parochial school for 18 years before switching to NYC.......he was a math coach in a Middle school before going back to the classroom for HS Math in the Bronx

I have been a SS teacher in Middle school for 27 years (before that I taught SS in parochial school for 3 years).....I started in NY in Bklyn for several years before transferring to the Bronx.......

A CC cruise sounds great.........

I've been reading the posts to hubby.....and we are both excited.......

We are doing our 3rd cruise on the Victory to Canada.........first with friends, 2nd was a family celebration (my parent's anniversary with 15 of us) and again this summer......hubby is having hip replacement before the summer vacation and we planned this at the 8 week mark.....since we have already been there, he will feel no need to get off the ship if he doesn't feel like it......and he will be able to take it easy (as my friend said, this cruise is not exactly the 2AM canga (sp?) line cruise.........:D

My wife is a science cluster teacher in an elementary school. I am an administrator now, but I was also a teacher before that.

I hope all these educators don't scare away everyone else. :)

LOL, my husband taught college for 10 years - now he runs computer training classes. And both of us teach religion classes in our church - I teach 6th grade, he teaches 10th grade.:)

Seems like we've got quite a few people interested!

These are great ports. My DH and I will be in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay when we sail on the Freedom a week from today....

I plan on posting while onboard and sending pictures from these ports....

Blueiz - Bob and I are also cruising to Canada this summer. We are on the Victory July 3rd and August 9. Any coincidence?

I'm planning to contact Cruise Critic tomorrow to let them know how much interest we've sparked!!

Keep coming people!!!!

Wooohoooo!

Susie

As soon as I saw the new itinerary, I started researching. We went out of NY on the Miracle last summer. Fantastic cruise! Every summer we take my daughter and my friends daughter on a cruise and this one looks great.

We would definitely be interested in July. Let us know the details when you get the information. We'd definitely be interested!

Karen

Good morning kgerkin!

bob and I and my dmil were on the miracle last summer as well - August

We've been on her 3 times. Once out of Tampa (western carrib), once out of NYC (8 nites eastern) and 2 nite cruise to nowhere. We love her!!! We've done the NYC itinerary 3 times (twice on the Legend) We love leaving out of NYC but were really excited by the new itinerary!!

Welcome aboard!

Susie

Seems like we've got quite a few people interested!

These are great ports. My DH and I will be in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay when we sail on the Freedom a week from today....

I plan on posting while onboard and sending pictures from these ports....

Blueiz - Bob and I are also cruising to Canada this summer. We are on the Victory July 3rd and August 9. Any coincidence?

I'm planning to contact Cruise Critic tomorrow to let them know how much interest we've sparked!!

Keep coming people!!!!

Wooohoooo!

Susie

Susie, are you doing the Canada trip twice this year? We are going on the 18th.....doc said hubby can't go until it's 6 weeks past his hip replacement surgery (June 25).....

When we went the first time, we were joined by another couple....I am having breakfast with my friend this AM, I will mention this cruise.....I think my son would love to go BUT he and his g/f are on and off, who knows what will be in a year from now......will they have the money....and who will watch the cats? :rolleyes:

Wow, this looks like it is really taking shape, and with a group of great people! Thanks, SnowWhite, for organizing this potential CC group cruise. We also have some family and friends who might be interested in joining us.

Some random thoughts from the recent postings:

We will be sailing on the Miracle this summer, and sailed the same Caribbean itinerary on the Legend a few summers ago. We also sailed on the Pride in February. These Spirit class ships are our favorites, so it is good to see that this trip will also be on the Miracle.

Blueiz: My wife and I also began teaching in parochial schools before switching to the public school system.

We have cruised the Canada itinerary twice, on the Victory and the Triumph. Good luck to your hubby with his pending surgery. Hopefully, he will feel up to moving about on your trip, but, as you said, he will still be able to have a great time on the Victory.

NYBumpkin: We also teach religion classes at our church, now adult classes, but kids before that. Sixth graders can be...ummm.. challenging, yes? :).

Yittles: Good to see we didn't scare away all non-teachers...welcome aboard. :)

Guest Crazeecat5

Hey all,

I'm the retired school teacher who was interested in the Sept. itinerary. However, talked to hubby and we might be interested in this one if the price is right. We were on the Miracle last June and loved it. Have also been on the Legend and the Pride. Spirit class is my favorite, too. I'll keep watching for fares and joining in. Does look like a great group forming.....

Sheryl

Hey! The Miracle has just announced a new NYC itinerary beginning in May of 2009. Anyone interested in a CC group cruise on July 3, 2009?

The itinerary:

Fri, July 3, 2009: Leave NYC

Sat - Sun, July 4 - 5, 2009: Sea days

Mon, July 6, 2009: Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos) 7a - 3p

Tues, July 7, 2009: Half Moon Cay (private island in Bahamas) 9a - 5p

Weds, July 8, 2009: Nassau (Bahamas) 7a - 6p

Thurs - Fri, July 9 - 10: Sea days

Sat, July 11, 2009: Arrive back in NYC

Carnival has prices listed as follows:

Int: 1259, OV: 1389, Balc: 1569

Hopefully a CC group cruise would be significantly better than those prices

Keep in mind it is a holiday week, and most of us will be able to take an 8 nite vacation with only 5 vacation days (Many companies will close on the third for the holiday!)

Anyone interested????

I know I am!!!!

Let's get it started!!!!

Susie,

Jeff and I love sailing from NY! We would definitely be interested in sailing with you again!!

Count us in!

NYBumpkin: We also teach religion classes at our church, now adult classes, but kids before that. Sixth graders can be...ummm.. challenging, yes? :).

Yittles: Good to see we didn't scare away all non-teachers...welcome aboard. :)

"Challenging" is putting it mildly! They're too old to do the arts-and-crafts activities that the younger kids do, but they're too young to be stuck just reading from the book. They want to be treated like the older teens, but want their "milk and cookies" time too. I guess there's a reason they call them "tweens....":rolleyes:

This does look like the makings of a great group! We sailed on Legend 2 years ago and were thinking about the same itinerary on Miracle - this new itinerary looks great! We love sea days. We haven't been to any of these ports yet, although we're scheduled for Nassau on Glory next February.

I just have to put in my 2 cents. Never wanted to be, never was, and never will be a teacher!!! Just a good old Federal Government worker who put in more than my time and am now retired. The DH is still working and has several more years before he can retire! However, the granddaughter is still in school and works with high school teachers everyday!!! Does that count???

Am I still welcome if we decide on this cruise????? :D LOL

Archived