New Miracle NYC Itinerary - Anyone Interested in CC Cruise July 2009?

SnowWhiteNYC

I just have to put in my 2 cents. Never wanted to be, never was, and never will be a teacher!!! Just a good old Federal Government worker who put in more than my time and am now retired. The DH is still working and has several more years before he can retire! However, the granddaughter is still in school and works with high school teachers everyday!!! Does that count???

Am I still welcome if we decide on this cruise????? :D LOL

You are most definitely welcome, MarylandLady.... we are going to need as many non-educators as possible to keep us from talking shop!

SnowWhite...it IS a small world; I taught at an East NY intermediate school for 14 years. I used to pass a Catholic school on my way there; it was on VanSiclen, I think. Is that where you worked?

Bumpkin: You are so right... want to be treated like adults until it is better to still be a kid.... not a bad deal if you can get it, I guess. :)

Hi Monsignor - The way the CC group works is that as soon as CC decides there's enough interest (I've already contacted them with preliminary numbers and am waiting to hear back in the next day or so) they will contact 3 agencies which they work with. The one with the best deal will be picked and the information forwarded to me. I will then post the information. The way CC groups usually work is an initial $25 pp deposit followed by another deposit after that (usually $300 total) until about 2 months out when the final amount is due.

My DH and I are on a CC group cruise this week (Freedom 4/19). We originally booked through another TA at 1439 pp for a balcony.When we saw it on CC we cancelled our original booking and booked with CC. The same cabin was 919 pp with $100 cabin OBC. More than a $500 saving! Hoping for something similar here!

I'll keep you posted - keep checking back!

This has the makings of an awesome group!

Susie

Blueiz and BillNY: I taught in a parochial school for 7 years in East NY before switching.... small world....

This looks like a great group forming!

I'm getting excited too.... :0)

My first public school appointment was in Bed-Stuy........

"Challenging" is putting it mildly! They're too old to do the arts-and-crafts activities that the younger kids do, but they're too young to be stuck just reading from the book. They want to be treated like the older teens, but want their "milk and cookies" time too. I guess there's a reason they call them "tweens....":rolleyes:

This does look like the makings of a great group! We sailed on Legend 2 years ago and were thinking about the same itinerary on Miracle - this new itinerary looks great! We love sea days. We haven't been to any of these ports yet, although we're scheduled for Nassau on Glory next February.

I taught Hebrew School for 11 years......no one wanted the 7th grade.....they were at the end of their Hebrew school career so they were restless.........full of hormones..........and I was glad to teach them because all my public school experience had me prepared...........

Now that we have the makings of such a great group - Anybody have ideas for a great group name?

LOL!!!

Any examples of other group names used?

Where's Pete? I was figuring he would have been the first to say he'd go!

LOL!

My CC group 4/19 (next Saturday Wooohoooo!!!) is the Freedom Floaters (on the Carnival Freedom)

We're signed up on the "Dream Team" for 2010 brand-new Carnival Dream and I've seen "Saints and Sinners", "Team Splendor" etc...

Let's get Creative!

How about a naming contest with a DOTD to the winning namer?

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Anybody else interested?

Blessed Sacrament right under the El train on Fulton

What Intermediate School? Old district 19?

This is going to be AWESOME!

No, that wasn't the school I was thinking of.... Yes, the old district 19...I was at IS166, Gershwin.

I'm in old district 24 - IS 119 in Glendale

been there 14 years now - last 6 as a Math Coach... hopefully the next AP (but that's another story.....)

Susie

That's great! Being an AP is probably the best job in the whole system now... closely followed by coach... so you have it nice either way. :)

I was lucky enough to get a position in the old district 31... then in Region 7... and now in Empowerment... at least as of today... who knows if the job will still be there tomorrow.... :)

That's great! Being an AP is probably the best job in the whole system now... closely followed by coach... so you have it nice either way. :)

I was lucky enough to get a position in the old district 31... then in Region 7... and now in Empowerment... at least as of today... who knows if the job will still be there tomorrow.... :)

I was offered Supervisory training but I turned it down....after having 2 positions outside the classroom, that is where I really want to stay....

On the other hand Go 25/55 ;)

NoleWoman - if you're anything like me, one cruise and you'll be hooked

what cruise are you doing?

I believe that the price will be right!

Sending out positive vibes to the universe!!!!!!

Think low price!

Susie

NoleWoman - if you're anything like me, one cruise and you'll be hooked

what cruise are you doing?

I believe that the price will be right!

Sending out positive vibes to the universe!!!!!!

Think low price!

Susie

We're going on the Conquest out of Galveston July 13th. We're in NJ so the airfare, transfers and hotel for a night on top of the cruise price is stressing me out! Leaving from NYC would be so much easier, and I've always wanted to go to T&C.

Guest Crazeecat5

Susie,

Small world! I was the Math Coach for p68. I also have my AP license but never persued it. And for more of a coincidence, I went to 119 and so did both my sons. However, they were not model students and were better known to the deans than anyone else. Actually, we wound up taking my younger son out of the school and putting him in St. John's Lutheran. Luckily, they both turned out great...older son works for Con Edison, younger son is in the Army, recently returned from a tour in Iraq and is stationed in Seattle.

Sheryl

I'd love to go. I too work in the school system (not a teacher, but a T.A.) so it's perfect for me. I already suggested it to DH but he's not biting yet. We are planning on cruising with our friends in April 09. Not sure if July will work for them or not I will talk to them soon. Cruising out of NYC is so much easier for us than Florida and we all want to go back to Half Moon Cay. It is absolute Paradise.

Crazeecat5: I taught gr. 6 - 8 math for 11 years before coaching - maybe I had your boys?

Sharonny: Will be in HMC in less than a week - can't wait! I'll post pictures -

WHAT A GREAT GROUP FORMING!!!!!

Susie

Archived