Dining Rooms on the Grand

SaylorGirl

It is my understanding that there are 3 dining rooms on the Grand one traditional and two PC. We are doing PC dining is either of the two PC dining rooms better than the other and if so why?? We have a group of 7 so I want to make a standing reservation for the week.
Thanks

I didn't notice any difference either. We just went every night with friends and if one restaurant was busy, we went to the other with little or no waiting time. With a standing reservation you should have no problems.

We had problems at first securing a standing reservation this summer on the Grand for a party of 8 at a time convenient for us. This was due to a very unhelpful and charmless maitre d called Jose who thought that we were there for his convenience and not the other way round !! We stuck to our guns and he relented. If you have a similar experience I suggest you do likewise. Alternatively, you could defer making a standing reservation until you find waiters who you really like.

The only difference I found is the one downstairs usually had no wait while the one above had a 5-10 minute wait. I assume it was because people stop at the first dining room they come to instead of going down another flight of steps.

Scott

We had traditional dining on the Grand. At breakfast and lunch, only one dining room (the Da Vinci) is open and we ate there twice a day. Vincenzo was the maitre d'. He was terrific. He may still be there, and if so, I'd choose whichever dining room is his.

Whichever Maitre'd was at the restaurant on the lower deck was the one we liked. He bent over backwards every night to make sure we were enjoying our entire dining experience. This was after two of the men in our group went against the advice of the waitstaff and ordered some really awful steaks. ;)

[quote name='ahracer']The only difference I found is the one downstairs usually had no wait while the one above had a 5-10 minute wait. I assume it was because people stop at the first dining room they come to instead of going down another flight of steps.Scott[/QUOTE]
We also found this to be true.

Thanks for all your help. Being an experienced cruiser I normally just go with the punches on everything. But I am going with my parents and sisters on this cruise and only one other sister has cruised so I am feeling alot of responsibility for everything to be perfect.

Archived