football playoffs

vinman147

It's possible--but don't count on it! You may want to record at home whatever you don't want to miss--just in case! The TV selections leave alot to be desired! Now, if you're into soccer, then you've hit the jackpot! They show ALOT of soccer! Ick!

We were on the NCL Gem out of NYC this past January during playoff season. All the games involving Boston and NYC were shown as were others but perhaps not all of them in several places around the ship. Not all were available in staterooms.

• 1 month later...

We were on RCCL cruises during the super bowl in both 06 and 07, and they showed them both in the room tvs and also had a big superbowl party in the room where the shows are ...the one in 06 was especially fun as I am a big Steelers fan and was horrified thinking I was gonna miss the big game...so I was thrilled to see the big party planned...it had lots of different eats and there were quite a few fans who were willing to skip the formal night to get wild and crazy watching the ball game ( which turned out perfect as the Steelers won!!! )...the only down side you get is ALL the pregame show is in spanish....ALL the commercials are in spanish, and they arent the same funny ones we see in the states, just regular mexican tv commercials...same ones over and over...the games play by play announcers spoke english, but they werent the regular network guys...so the telecast lacked all the normal hype we see here...but all in all it was a very fun time....and of course, I ended up owing my fantastic wife big time for letting us skip the formal night to eat chili dogs and nachos so I could see my beloved Steelers win the superbowl...the next year we just watched some of the game in our room...didnt want to push my luck!!! :)

Archived