grand caymen

cruisingrannie

7 Mile Beach is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. Could always spend the day there. The shopping is really good right at the pier if that interests you. You could also hire a taxi for a tour of the island. Taxis are plentiful at the pier, and the drivers we had were very friendly and not pushy at all.

Go to the beach! Cabs/buses are right at the port when you get off the tender. All of the public access points have watersport rentals, chair rentals, food, drink, bathrooms.... Very easy.

Of, just wander the town and window-shop! We seldom do "excursions"!

Did you think about Stingray City? The water is gorgeous, and the stingrays amazing. So glad that we did that and would do it again. If you don't like getting in the water, I'm sure you wouldn't have to. Just seeing these creatures in the water and others interacting with them is a great time.

We did the stingray and snorkeling in 06,so we wanted to do something different,we like the beach wanted to do more siteseeing.I just heard that grand cayman is so beautiful,I guess I just wanted to see more of it.If the beaches are the best part of the island,then maybe we will do that.

We did the stingray and snorkeling in 06,so we wanted to do something different,we like the beach wanted to do more siteseeing.I just heard that grand cayman is so beautiful,I guess I just wanted to see more of it.If the beaches are the best part of the island,then maybe we will do that.

I've only been twice. Did Stingray City one year, 7 Mile Beach the next. haven't really seen the rest of the island, but looks beautiful in pictures! Would like to do that sometime, but it's hard to get me away from the beach.....:D

Last time we were in GC, we wanted to see the rest of the island also...so we rented a jeep and toured around the entire island...we loved it. The ocean on the other side of the island is totally different than where the ships dock. We ended up at a beach that was beautiful, spent a couple hours there then drove back to town to catch the tender back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Rent a car and drive around the island. We always use Andy's. The island is perfectly safe to explore. We really love the East End. Once you get away from the George Town area, it's like being on another island.

We are leaving in 3 days.

I hoped to snorkel right off 7 mile beach- where should I take a cab to for the best site? :)

Seven Mile Beach isn't famous for its snorkelling. If you have your own equipment, you could try the Cemetary Beach section. There's no facilities there at all, but many people have commented here that they've snorkelled there.

If you need to rent gear, there's snorkelling fairly close to the pier, in the opposite direction from Seven Mile, at Eden Rock. They have rentals available, etc. and I'm told the snorkelling isn't bad. Their website doesn't seem to be working today, but it's http://www.edenrockdive.com/ just in case it's back up later. If you search Eden Rock in these forums, you'll find lots of comments and reviews with more information.

Archived