Restaurants near Bayonne

Tabbymom

Hi -

We're going to be staying at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth the night before our cruise next month and a collegue of my husband's wants to take us for a nice dinner. We will have a rental car so can drive 15-20 minutes if necessary. Can anyone recommend a nice business casual restaurant in the area? Dolce Restaurant (formerly Red Parrot) in Elizabeth has a nice menu - seems to be a restaurant with a club attached). Does anyone know about it?

Thanks!

Hi -

We're going to be staying at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth the night before our cruise next month and a collegue of my husband's wants to take us for a nice dinner. We will have a rental car so can drive 15-20 minutes if necessary. Can anyone recommend a nice business casual restaurant in the area? Dolce Restaurant (formerly Red Parrot) in Elizabeth has a nice menu - seems to be a restaurant with a club attached). Does anyone know about it?

Thanks!

Ive stayed at the Carlson Country Inn before my cruise which is across the street from the Residence Inn. There is i believe its an Applebees which is right across the street from both, not even a 2 minute walk. Also you have the Jersey Gardens mall across the street which has a huge food court. Besides those 2 things, there really isn't anything else. Its an industrial area, one cool thing though is if you get a room facing the airport, its literally right across the street, and the take off runway heads straight into the path of the hotels, its something cool to watch when your trying to kill time :p. You wont hear any noise at all though, don't worry. Hope this was of some help to you. Feel free to ask any other questions about that general area, will help if i can. Happy Cruising!

Unfortunately Applebees or a food court would not be appropriate for a business associate and our rental car allows us to get out of the immediate area. Information on a nice restaurant within 15-20 minutes driving distance would be much appreciated, and/or feedback on Dolce in Elizabeth. Are there any decent restaurants in the bigger airport hotels? Thanks!

Unfortunately Applebees or a food court would not be appropriate for a business associate and our rental car allows us to get out of the immediate area. Information on a nice restaurant within 15-20 minutes driving distance would be much appreciated, and/or feedback on Dolce in Elizabeth. Are there any decent restaurants in the bigger airport hotels? Thanks!

You're not far from the Ironbound section of Newark, which has some of the finest Portuguese restaurants in the country. If you like Portuguese food, it is definitely worth the trip, and a fun experience. make sure you're hungry before you go! The paellas are giant.

A slightly further distance away is Hoboken, which has many restaurants of all kinds and qualities. Additionally it has one of the best views of the NYC skyline at night, and is the birthplace of Frank Sinatra.

If you want a drive up, fancy-for-Jersey experience, The Manor restaurant in West Orange is about 25 minutes away. I think it's overpriced and overrated myself, but it's kinda famous in Jersey, and probably has the word record for Italian weddings.

And last but not least, remember you're less than 10 miles from downtown Manhattan!

Abbondanza!

I agree with Manny.You are close to the ironbound section which is right off of route 1 & 9,ask the desk clerk for directions.Like manny said you will not leave hungry.The street where a lot of the resturants are is Ferry St.I recomend the ones up near Penn Station.

Thanks very much for the suggestions - I had no idea Newark had an Iberian history. The Portuguese restaurants sound quite interesting but I'm not sure our picky son would be able to find something to his liking, although Forno's seems to have a few items that might work. How about Assaggini Di Roma? Seems to be a good classic Italian. Our host is driving up from Red Bank so may not want to go much further north but we'll keep Hoboken in mind; I'm sure he doesn't want to go into the city. :(

You're not far from the Ironbound section of Newark, which has some of the finest Portuguese restaurants in the country. If you like Portuguese food, it is definitely worth the trip, and a fun experience. make sure you're hungry before you go! The paellas are giant.

A slightly further distance away is Hoboken, which has many restaurants of all kinds and qualities. Additionally it has one of the best views of the NYC skyline at night, and is the birthplace of Frank Sinatra.

If you want a drive up, fancy-for-Jersey experience, The Manor restaurant in West Orange is about 25 minutes away. I think it's overpriced and overrated myself, but it's kinda famous in Jersey, and probably has the world record for Italian weddings.And last but not least, remember you're less than 10 miles from downtown Manhattan!

Abbondanza!

I was there for one! ;) :D

http://www.10best.com/Newark,NJ/Restaurants/

On this list, I like Casa Vasca (has been around a long time) and Brasilia Grill (fun but busy).

I noticed that 1 reviewer said Brasilia Grill was in a 'bad part' of Newark. I felt fine, it was a busy shopping area, and parking (which can be challenging in any large city) is available in a nearby bank lot where a man gives you a ticket for your car allowing you to park there.

ps I believe the restaurant by the Residence Inn is a Ruby Tuesdays and not Applebee's.

Archived