Brilliance of the Seas 12 night med/greek isles cruise questions!

I am due to go on the 12 night med/greek isles cruise on Brilliance of the Seas at the end of July.

A few questions - hope someone out there has the answers!

1. How many formal nights, is it 2 or 3 - and what nights are they?

2. I've got main seating for dinner which i've been told is around 6.15 - some of my excursions don't finish till 6.30pm, can I still eat in main restaurant even though i'll be late?

3. Has anyone done this cruise? Can you tell me the dress code for each night?

i'm sure i'm gonna have loads more questions!! :)

Thanks

Follow this link to the Roll Call for other's going on the same cruise (assuming you are talking about the 28 July sailing).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631063

I hope you are cognizant of the oppressive heat you will probably experience in Rome as well as Athens during late July/early August.

Have a great cruise. We will be there at the end of November so take good care of the ship.

Hi ~ We did this same cruise last year, you're going to have a great time!

Answers to questions: there were 3 formal nights, we had 6:00 seating and people did show up late sometimes as late as 7:00, there were formal, casual and smart causal nights for dining. Any other questions, please ask away.

Thanks for TYTY! A couple of more questions if that's ok!

Do they delay dinner on the first night - as we don't leave Barcelona port till 7pm!

Are the formal nights on the 3 'at sea' days?

Did you go in the summer - i'm a bit worried about the heat!

Thanks again!

For reviews on this itinerary, check the 'member reviews' page.

For advice on ports, check the 'ports of call' page.

For advice on your particular sailing, as someone mentioned, you can check your roll call for your sailing date.

All these pages will give you lots of information right away.

No, dinner is not delayed in Barcelona. We had early seating 6pm and I remember watching us pull away from the dock while we were eating dinner.

Yes, if I remember correctly the 3 formal night were the "at sea" days.

We went the 1st week in August and yes it was extremely hot. Athens and Rome were both 100+ degree days. Just be sure to bring a hat, sunscreen and drink plenty of water!

You have to be onboard the ship 1/2 hour before it's scheduled to leave--so you'll have time to get to the dining room. After 15 minutes or so, you should make other eating arrangements--it messes up the whole "flow" of the meal when you are late!

We have been on the Brilliance twice. We did the Greek Isles itinerary and also the Venice itinerary. We had 3 formal nights on the Greek Isles and 2 on the Venice. You will have great weather... by the time you get to Greece, it will be hot, but the other stops should be very nice, and while you are sailing it should be amazing! I don't know anything about the Murder Mystery night... but I would definitely do late seating on this cruise if you can. It will be very rushed for you to get back for early seating. NO... they do not delay dinner at any stop... We had 4 different seating times on both cruises. 2 different early seatings and 2 late seatings.

I'd be happy to answer any of your questions. This is a great ship (my favorite so far) and both itineraries are amazing!!!

Archived