GREAT independent/private tour guide

aquamarine57

We had a great day on Barbados, mostly due to our guide, Ville Greaves. We happened upon him by luck at the dock.....but would seek him out again. Ville has a very nice, clean, new minibus, our party of 8 were very comfortable. He was a very safe driver. For $20pp, Ville toured us all over Barbados. He was a wealth of knowledge, very funny and interesting. SHowed us all the celebrity houses, knew all the gossip......Ville even found green monkeys for us to watch and feed! Took us to out of the way places which were breathtaking. Waited for us while we swam and snorkeled at beautiful, pink sand beaches which were free/easy access and hardly anyone on them. I just wanted to share his name with fellow travelers - I would guess he would be available if you wanted to contact him in advance of your trip and plan a day with him. He is just the nicest guy. The contact numbers I have for him are: cell: 246-231-3767, home:246-439-8242 and email: villeg@caribsurf.com A GREAT way to spend a day on Barbados!

Thanks so much for that valuable information for the independent traveller.

I find a lot of the recommendations for in port are for water based activity, which I can understand, but are of no interest, as we live by the beach.

I thought it was alright to post, as long you were a genuine CC member, not an external party with a vested interest.

But I then read the guidelines for the first time :) and there it was!!

We had a great day on Barbados, mostly due to our guide, Ville Greaves. We happened upon him by luck at the dock.....but would seek him out again. Ville has a very nice, clean, new minibus, our party of 8 were very comfortable. He was a very safe driver. For $20pp, Ville toured us all over Barbados. He was a wealth of knowledge, very funny and interesting. SHowed us all the celebrity houses, knew all the gossip......Ville even found green monkeys for us to watch and feed! Took us to out of the way places which were breathtaking. Waited for us while we swam and snorkeled at beautiful, pink sand beaches which were free/easy access and hardly anyone on them. I just wanted to share his name with fellow travelers - I would guess he would be available if you wanted to contact him in advance of your trip and plan a day with him. He is just the nicest guy. The contact numbers I have for him are: cell: 246-231-3767, home:246-439-8242 and email: villeg@caribsurf.com A GREAT way to spend a day on Barbados!

you can post as long as you aren't a guide. a CC member can always tout a good guide!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Since first reading this thread' date=' I have attempted to contact Ville three times via email, with no response.[/quote']

I emailed him yesterday and received an email today. Maybe check your spam box??

I emailed him yesterday and received an email today. Maybe check your spam box??

Nope - nothing in my spam box either. I've gone ahead and booked with Glory Tours. Sarah there was an absolute gem to deal with. Helped me select exactly what we wanted, and returned emails in less than an hour! I must admit for me personally I'd be hesitant to book with someone who didn't even respond to emails in a timely fashion. Not a great way to run your business!!

Archived