Drug Bust

Bet he was looking a little lumpy too. That's a lot of extra weight to try to disguise.

On my last Rhapsody cruise, part of the cruise director's departure talk was to let everyone know that the first thing they'd notice when the got down to claim their luggage was a sweet dog checking out every bag.

A passenger on my last cruise offered me cocaine! :eek::eek::eek:

No strings attached? I must assume you said no.:cool:

In all of my cruises nobody has ever offered me anything but a hard time.:D Not that I would ever take anything anyways.:cool:

As with many others, I'm sure, I have been offered "weed" on Jamaica and anything else I've wanted too...never thought Jamaica would be a good place to land in jail....so my standard response was no thank you...I believe one of the other cruise lines recently had to disembark some teens along with their parents, with some "weed" from their ship in a foreign port...bet that was a lot of fun...NOT...jimmy

On one of our first western caribbean trips-jamaica included, circa 1993, on the Majesty of the Seas, dogs were brought to the pier in Florida to sniff baggage and a couple of screaming female passengers were rounded up and marched off. So, this has been the policy for years and i for one am grateful for the tight security. There was great commotion! and most of us, new to cruising, just dropped our jaws and gaped!

I guess that shows the embarkation screening is not all that good.:(

I was on this cruise. Everyone wondered what was going on, as we were over 3 hours late leaving Cristobal Pier in Panama. They finally made an announcement saying something like "there has been an incident with a few of the passengers".......but never came out and said what the incident was. Rumors were flying for the rest of the trip! We did hear that a passenger tried to get back on board with drugs taped to his body, so I guess that rumor was correct!

I don't think they had all those drugs when they embarked in Miami. Thoughts are they got the drugs in Panama and were taking them either back to the US, or over to Europe, as the next sailing was the Atlantic crossing.

Good catch! Yippee more drugs off the streets and ships. Jamaica - we were offered so many drugs while in port in Ocho. I basically ran to get back on the ship as I didn't want any authorities watching me. I/We have nothing to hide but just the fact that we were offered drugs sent me packing. I will NEVER go back to that port again. It's unsafe and very unclean. I'm glad I can say I climbed the falls but I will NEVER book another cruise in that port. It was just too intimidating for us. RCI really needs to look at this with eyes wide open.

No strings attached? I must assume you said no.:cool:

In all of my cruises nobody has ever offered me anything but a hard time.:D Not that I would ever take anything anyways.:cool:

No strings attached...the guy was hitting on me!! He bought me a drink, said he needed something from his cabin which was near mine, so we went towards our cabins..he walked in his and I was standing in the door. He then says he needs more of a pick-me-up then just the drink "if you know what I mean" he says...I asked exactly what are you talking about? He then said it...I said no thank you and if you want to do that I will let you do your own thing. He didn't do it in MY presence but he was on something...he was very flirtatious, I mean VERY and not just your avg flirt..lol..and after that when I saw him on the cruise I RAN the other way!!!!

I was also offered pot on the same cruise...but that was from some other guy, said no to that too. Figure if I haven't done it by now, there is no need to start :)

Good catch! Yippee more drugs off the streets and ships. Jamaica - we were offered so many drugs while in port in Ocho. I basically ran to get back on the ship as I didn't want any authorities watching me. I/We have nothing to hide but just the fact that we were offered drugs sent me packing. I will NEVER go back to that port again. It's unsafe and very unclean. I'm glad I can say I climbed the falls but I will NEVER book another cruise in that port. It was just too intimidating for us. RCI really needs to look at this with eyes wide open.

Last December, on the Carnival Victory, we were waiting in line to go through the security check to get back on the pier and ship. They were giving their drug speech as we all waited. It was too funny watching the group in front of us start to freak out. They were packing weed and sweating bullets! I can't believe they got through, looked suspicious to me.

Archived