Aida Cruises

Goldryder

Has anyone cruised with Aida?

Although they don't appear to have a handling agent in the UK yet, I would quite like to give them a try. The ships are quite beautiful and not too big either.

Anyone with opinions of the company and ships...and if there is a way to book from outside Germany...much appreciated :)

I'm just back from the AidaDiva - it was a superb experience. Voyage report on the way. But to book, I'm afraid you'll need to phone them up in Rostock (number on their website). They simply don't market or sell to non-german passengers but will take you booking if you speak to them in german (they would like to know that you speak enough to understand stuff onboard).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Has anyone cruised with Aida?

Although they don't appear to have a handling agent in the UK yet, I would quite like to give them a try. The ships are quite beautiful and not too big either.

Anyone with opinions of the company and ships...and if there is a way to book from outside Germany...much appreciated :)

Good to see things seem to have really turned around for ya there, Goldryder!

Anyone know where Aidaaura is berthed this evening (Monday)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just completed a Mediterranean cruise with AIDAbella.

It was my second cruise (the first one was two years ago with NCL Norwegian Gem).

The ship was definitely smaller than the Gem, and less WOW inside, if you get my drift. Everything is in German, as already mentioned here. The ports of call were great, you could easily walk into town in all but Rome (Civit..) and Palma de Mallorca. These were: Valetta, Palermo, Naples, Ajaccio, Valencia. Organised trips were really expensive, I didn't do one.

The food was really good, 4 buffet restaurants, with mealtime drinks included (sodas, wine and beer), and 3 pay restaurants (steakhouse, sushi and italian).

Beer at bars were euro2,90 for 300ml and cocktails between euro4,90 to euro6,90.

The pool was horrid. Really small compared to the Gem. I only took two quick dips. Entertainment was okay, nothing to write home about. They do have a free gym (can't remember the Gem), which was awesome. Organised classes (stomach, pilates, step etc.) and cardio machines, as well as a few weights etc.

Hope it helps!

• 3 weeks later...

We have cruised twice with Aida. Both times with Acara their smallest ship. We are in process of booking again on the Bella W. Med in Nov.

Aida is a very good cruise line and service, food, service is very good. It is typical GE efficiency. The official ship language is GE but most speak Eng. I was the only American on the ship and they made all the announcements in English.

Some things I like: The buffet restaurants get little crowded on Cara because only two but you can find a place; busboy service is better than any other ship I have been on; food is very good; selection is good; and drinks to include beer, wine, softdrinks are FREE. Not beverage card charge for water. Also tipping is not mandatory.

There is a meet the Captain night but no formal dinners so you do not need suit or tux. You do have to wear sport clothes in DR.

Shows are good.

I speak some GE, but found it absolutely no problem.

Shore excursions like all cruise lines are over priced but I though they were OK.

I would not opt for their Vario pricing. Have fixed cabin. I went Vario and got a really bad room location. Way in bow and heard all the noises and waves etc. Room was immaculate though just bad location.

Compared to MSC ships Aida is a pure luxury liner.

Hope this helps.

Archived