Restaurants in Coppenhagen Airport?

I am trying to balance food, travel and diabetes. Are there restaurants in the Coppenhagen airport? If so, are the prices reasonable or should we plan to bring non-perashables along with us to eat on our trip home after our cruise?

Thanks!

There are all sorts of "bars" where you can get food at Kastrup and there is one really nice restaurant. I am not sure I am spelling this correctly, and it is a branch of a chain all over DK - "A Hereford Beefstouw". It is a proper sit-down restaurant, across from the Diners Club lounge and upstairs. Their speciality is steak but their menus are quite comprehenisve and they have good salads. However, like all restaurants in DK, not cheap! I would say around $100 or more for two with a glass of wine.

I am trying to balance food, travel and diabetes. Are there restaurants in the Coppenhagen airport? If so, are the prices reasonable or should we plan to bring non-perashables along with us to eat on our trip home after our cruise?

Thanks!

Yes, there are a number of food options as you can find here. http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Shopping+and+Eating/Where+to+Eat+and+Drink/

In term of reasonable prices, well, you are in Copenhagen, nothing is cheap, and you're at an airport food venue, and again, nothing is ever reasonable at any airport. On the positive, Danish food, pending on what you order, is generally healthy. Try finding an obease Dane, you'll have to look long and hard as healthy food and an active lifestyle finds the greater population very fit. Plus, dining at the airport is one last chance to sample Danish cusine. Go for the open face sandwiches, you can't get more typical Danish food than that!

Perhpaps try one of the many cafes listed at the airport, they should offer sandwiches, and cheaper than some of the airport restaurants.

I was looking through these boards and found that you are a family going to the baltics on May 20 and I was curious why you chose Denrus instead of Alla?? They turn out to be more expensive that Alla, but maybe you know something I don't know. Also I would love your feedback when you get back. I am from South Florida and we are a family of 4 with two teenagers so any info you have would be great. Thanks

Hi OTG1028,

Quite frankly, we chose DenRus because Alla never responded to my emails. I sent several to her last fall (using the email address from her website) and only got a reply months after booking with DenRus. DenRus responded within 24 hours and they were very accommodating (we planned a private tour for the 4 of us with requests to visit specific sites). I'll let you know it if was worth the extra expense when we return! ;)

Cindy

PS - If you have any other questions, please visit the thread for the Crown Princess May 20th Roll Call and leave a post -- I'll get back to you! :)

Archived