1A on Imagination?

martek

Hi, how are these rooms? I usually book ocean view, but due to the fact that I am booking this cruise for a client and myself, we had to go with the least expensive booking. I know we booked the guarantee and hoping for an upgrade, but not holding my breath. Are they that much smaller than the standard inside cabins? Will we be comfortable watching TV and just chilling on the beds? Any info is appreciated. I have not been able to find a picture, I just know they are bunks. Thanks!!

Are you booking for one cabin, or one for each? They are not cramped, since

one bed us an upper bunk, freeing up floor space. Just thinking about the straight back chairs (cabin R50 on Elation) I think the only place to chill would be the bed...EM

Hi, how are these rooms? I usually book ocean view, but due to the fact that I am booking this cruise for a client and myself, we had to go with the least expensive booking. I know we booked the guarantee and hoping for an upgrade, but not holding my breath. Are they that much smaller than the standard inside cabins? Will we be comfortable watching TV and just chilling on the beds? Any info is appreciated. I have not been able to find a picture, I just know they are bunks. Thanks!!

Don't fret... All inside cabins on Imagination are the same size (185 square feet)

The below information is from a great website http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

that has a wealth of useful information about all the different lines and ships..

Stateroom Dimensions

Floor to Ceiling height: 7'H

Standard Bathroom: 4'W x 7'L (including shower)

Bathroom in Suites: 4 1/2'W x 7 1/2'L (including tub)

Doorway Dimension: 23-1/2"W x 6'8"H

Window 4'W x 3'H

Porthole 17"

Interior 185 square feet

Interior upper/lower 185 square feet

cat: 1A 4A 4B 4C 4D 4E

Ocean View with Window 185 square feet

Ocean View with Porthole 185 square feet

cat: 5A 6A 6B 6C 6D

Suite with Standard Balcony 250 square feet total

Stateroom 220 square feet

Balcony 30 square feet

Window 4'W x 4'H

cat: 11

Penthouse Suite with Large Balcony 400 square feet total

Stateroom 330 square feet

Balcony 70 square feet

Window 5 1/2'W x 4'H

cat: 12

Actually, the 1A's are smaller. They are 160 sq. ft. But since they are bunks and there is only one bed on the floor, you actually feel like the room is bigger.

Can you share with us the reference for your comment on cabin size for Imagination? :rolleyes: Every reference I know of for this type of information (including Carnival's own site) lists all inside cabins on Imagine as 185 square feet.

I stayed in a 1A on Imagination back in January. There were 2 of us (me & a friend of mine), and we had no problems at all! We were hardly in the room, and when we were there, we pretty much just sat on the beds or on the chair at the vanity. The rooms do seem to be a lot bigger than they really are just becauser there is only 1 bed on the floor! I'm sure it'll work out just fine for you! I would post pictures for you, but I can figure out how to make the file size smaller so they'll fit!

If you look on the deck plan of Riviera Deck on Fantasy class ships, there is a center corridor with 1A cabins on it. Those cabins are the smaller ones. The only other experience I have with this class was U1 on Fantasy, and I know this cabin (R50) was definitely smaller. EM

Can you share with us the reference for your comment on cabin size for Imagination? :rolleyes: Every reference I know of for this type of information (including Carnival's own site) lists all inside cabins on Imagine as 185 square feet.

Well, we started putting our kids in the 1A cabins several years ago. My TA is the one who told me they were smaller (160 sq. ft.) and when we boarded, this was confirmed. However, as I stated previously, because they incorporate bunks instead of twin beds, the room actually seems larger with just one bed taking up floor space.

I know most sites reference those cabins as 185 sq. ft., but trust me, they are not.

My TA is the one who told me they were smaller (160 sq. ft.)

A TA is the LAST person I would listen to as an authority on cabin sizes

and when we boarded, this was confirmed.

And by whom was this confirmed, your cabin steward?

However, as I stated previously, because they incorporate bunks instead of twin beds, the room actually seems larger with just one bed taking up floor space.

Regardless of how the room/cabin 'seems', the ACTUAL size is what the OP was asking about. How large or small it 'seemed' to you does not matter in this discussion

I know most sites reference those cabins as 185 sq. ft., but trust me, they are not.

Trust me, I would like to 'trust you', but I prefer the reference sites as the authority on cabin specifications..

Thanks all! I just was curious as to whether we would be comfortable just relaxing in the room. I usually spend a lot of time out of the room, but my roommate will be wanting to nap and watch DVD's from time to time, and I will need to be with her as she cannot be left alone and I just don't want to be cramped. Sounds like we will be fine. Still hoping for an upgrade however. Maybe we'll get lucky!!

Thanks all! I just was curious as to whether we would be comfortable just relaxing in the room. I usually spend a lot of time out of the room, but my roommate will be wanting to nap and watch DVD's from time to time, and I will need to be with her as she cannot be left alone and I just don't want to be cramped. Sounds like we will be fine. Still hoping for an upgrade however. Maybe we'll get lucky!!

A TA is the LAST person I would listen to as an authority on cabin sizes

And by whom was this confirmed, your cabin steward?

Regardless of how the room/cabin 'seems', the ACTUAL size is what the OP was asking about. How large or small it 'seemed' to you does not matter in this discussion

Trust me, I would like to 'trust you', but I prefer the reference sites as the authority on cabin specifications..

Well, aside from large online consortiums, my TA is the largest seller of Carnival cruises in the country. He has won numerous awards. He hosts group cruises every year, and he sells those 1A's most specifically for singles because they are a better price and they are smaller. He lets people know up front that they are smaller.

Sorry you don't trust me, but we've put our kids in those cabins, as well as regular inside cabins. And they are most definitely smaller. If you don't want to trust me, that's fine. I could care less. I'm just telling you from personal experience.

Have a nice day.

If you look on the deck plan of Riviera Deck on Fantasy class ships, there is a center corridor with 1A cabins on it. Those cabins are the smaller ones. The only other experience I have with this class was U1 on Fantasy, and I know this cabin (R50) was definitely smaller. EM

Kroozenut, as you can see, I'm not the only one confirming that the 1A's are smaller.

Kroozenut, as you can see, I'm not the only one confirming that the 1A's are smaller.

Okay, okay... Sounds like all those ship specification sites that have the 1As on Imagination listed as 185 square feet need to correct their information..

Archived