What "extra" fun/helpful things to bring with you?

suzyed

What are some of the funny(not THAT kind of funny), helpful things you bring with you on your cruises?

I need my own water....so this time, instead of dragging along a case of water..I am bringing the smallest size Brita pitcher (although DH doesnt know this yet :rolleyes: ) I figure it doesnt take up as much room as a case of water...

Also, I bring highliters (blue and yellow) to hi lite what I want to do in the dailies (yellow) and what DH wants to do (blue) and what we both want to do (blue/yellow=green);)

Definately an extension cord. Some say. duct tape..I still havent figured what that is for :eek: ....

Any other ideas??

duct tape, yes...had a piece of luggage split on me, once...in a area that i couldn't just go out and buy another one. yep, duct tape every trip.

now i take a sippy bottle and use the ship's water, it's cleaner and better tasting then most bottled water. not the awful chemicals like the home faucet. use the water in the buffet area, fill a glass and pour it in the bottles (health reasons, don't but the bottle under the water spout)

posted notes...for leaving notes for the room stewards or each other.

next trip, i am taking a small bottle of chocolate syrup for chocolate milk.

no kids, but i am a BIG milk drinker and i get tired of regular milk all the time. they have chocolate by the ice cream area, but it's not there all the time.

How about Post-It Notes? I use them to leave messages for my cabin-mate or the steward. I stick them on the mirror where they're impossible to miss.

Great idea! Forgot that one!

Last time we cruised, I brought a cheap hanging shoe bag (dollar store) to hang in the closet with all my little extras (hi-lighters, pens, post-its, curling iron, wine key, etc) You should have see my DH face when I whipped that baby out of the suitcase! LOL :D

I also take along a bunch of serving-size packets of Crystal Light in a variety of flavors (lemonade, raspberry, etc.). They're great to use at the buffet if you want something other than water, milk, coffee, or iced tea.

my DH loves the hanging shoe bag...his stuff is in the top 2 pockets. i never have to hear "where's my ?". mine is mesh and he can look/see where everything is.

we have several small folding coolers. they are lunch bag size, one is going with us every trip. great for keeping the soda cool, but still light weight for excursions.

Bring the duct tape. I always bring a little and have never used it. Somehow it got left out when I packed this last time. When we got our bags at the airport, I sure could have used it (both bags were ripped). It only took asking a few people on the ship and sure enough I had my luggage repaired.

Just thought of another one...thermal coffee mug...take my coffee/ tea from buffet or the cabin to take to any early bingo games that may occur! :rolleyes:

That's a good one. I always bring along my thermal mug - the traveling type that has a cap to prevent spillage.

DH doesn't like the shampoo so we bring our own for him, other trial size bottles as well. They take up less room and can be discarded before returning home. We don't bring duct tape or the shoe bag. We always find plenty of room for all our stuff..

Nita

Along with the shoe organizer, we also take a collapsible sweater holder. It hangs perfectly in your small closet with room left for your hanging clothes. You can put all sorts of clothes and stuff in there. We also pack a baggie of first aid stuff and some pain relievers, antibiotic creams, band aids, etc. For the shower, I always bring one of those cheap suction holders for my special shampoos and razor, and I never forget a couple of small puffy things (can't remeber what they're called) to use with the provided shower gel. Don't forget your sun screen and flip flops (and don't forget the duct tape:p )

I always put four wooden clothes pins in my suitcase for hanging bathing suits and undies and bras I wash out and hang on the clothes line thingee in the shower oand/or to keep the curtain from letting sun in on a curtain covering a balcony or window.

A box of good Kleenexes. I hate the tiny travel size because they are rough and thin. Usually I save a box that is about 2/3 gone to take on vacations.

Also, I take all my old undies, socks, and sometimes tshirts on vacation and toss them when used.

Viv

Reusable water bottles. They were great for filling at breakfast with juice, since it was available only then. Later we would use the juice for mixers for our bar set-up. They also can be used as cocktail shakers. Little cocktail napkins were nice, especially if you have a bar set up--beats putting cocktails on the wash cloths! And also throw in some plastic cups.

A clock that lights up. I never knew what time it was without turning on the TV. The clock on the phone was too dark to really see.

Although this might sound weird, I wish we had a travel size can of Oust or something like that....don't think the bathroom fan really worked very well--enough said.

Most people said my other favorites already, the shoe organizer and the post it notes.

I bring a large thermal mug but it's NOT for coffee.

You have a bar set-up, you bring some mix and get some ice.

LARGE rum and 7-up wherever you go...on the top deck, at lunch or even at the show!

I take bungee cords to secure the towels to your lounge on a windy day.

And a small travel size binoculars will come in handy!

Definately the duct tape, shoe bag for the bathroom, dryer sheets (I bring alot and put them in the closet and drawers to keep things smelling good), hand sanitizer, and a power strip.

Also ziplock sandwich bags for packing snacks and lunches.

ginger capsules from the health food store for stomach and sea sickness problems.

Febreeze X-Strength room spray -makes everything smell like oranges especially important when traveling with a husband, two boys and you're the only female in the cabin.

a travel alarm clock that lights at night for the room

flashlight just in case

a travel sized laundry detergent from Target

Eileen

Archived