London To London 2009

Acrusa

We took a somewhat similar cruise called "Dover to Dover" in June 2004 with a continuing second cruise from Dover to Copenhagen - including Norway.

The cruise you mention is not the same, but is somewhat similar with a short deviation to Norway and then back to continue around the U.K.

We were so pleased with the 2004 cruise that we booked the 2009 and are looking forward to it.

(Frankly, I've been asking Oceania for another Norway cruise for years, but since this is the closest thing they've come up with, it will have to do!!) :rolleyes:

"How is the weather?" is like asking if it's going to rain three months from now on the first Thursday!

It will be July and the weather around the UK changes constantly! You can expect mostly fair weather, but not to say it won't rain or be cloudy...

Yes, the 2004 cruise did hit a number of ports in Scotland as well as Ireland. However, this coming cruise will stop for a day in Belfast, something we missed in 2004.

I know it was a dumb queastion.I realised it after I sent it. We are debating between this and the Barcilona to Venice cruise.For 14 days.Haven't been in Venice for 14 years.

This is a one time in July as it hits UK and Norway- Are there tours from the ship that you can take on your own arrangement or would be better off taking the ship excursion.

Also we plan to stay in London a few days prior to the ship leaving from Dover.

Is the transfer expensive to the port

Jazzyman

This is a one time in July as it hits UK and Norway- Are there tours from the ship that you can take on your own arrangement or would be better off taking the ship excursion.

Also we plan to stay in London a few days prior to the ship leaving from Dover.

Is the transfer expensive to the port

Jazzyman

Hi Harvey

We did the cruise in 2004.

Transfers to/from Dover are pricey but if you can find someone to share the ride hire a private car. There is the train as well but hauling luggage around London is not my idea of a good time

In Dublin grab a cab into town and walk around or get the HOHO bus

Waterford, Edinburgh -taxi

Shetland Islands we took the ships tour & it was fine

If you like Scotch they have a few tours that go to the distillery (just follow Rickey 88) :D

i will have a look through my cruise stuff & see if there are any other tips.

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

As our dear friend, Lyn, has told you - there are many choices for tours especially in the UK and Ireland. It is still far too early to see what Oceania will have for 2009, but we were not unhappy with any of the ship's tours.

(Yes, there was a tour of the Glenmorangie distillery in the town of Tain just on the shores of Dornoch Firth. That was a grand afternoon!)

You may find some drivers and guides at some ports, but not all. If you wish to arrange something on your own, I'd suggest you "Search" some of the earlier threads on this subject for the names of tour guides that are recommended.

As for Dover, I'd recommend a private car transfer from London (your hotel could arrange it) as the train from Victoria won't get you anywhere near the cruise port. Prices for two people and luggage appear to be about 200 pounds and will get you directly to the ship.

(Yes, there was a tour of the Glenmorangie distillery in the town of Tain just on the shores of Dornoch Firth. That was a grand afternoon!)

Some people had a better afternoon than others !!!:D;)

• 2 months later...

The Oceania line is going to Scotland, Norway and Ireland back to London in July 2009

In Norway they go to

Alesund, Norway 9:00AM 11:00PM

Geiranger (Nordfjord), Norway 8:00AM 12:00PM

Hellesylt, Norway 1:30PM 5:00PM

The question is this enough to see of Norway and the Fjords or should I look for a more extensive \norway cruise that inc North Cape

Opinions Please

jazzyman

The Oceania line is going to Scotland, Norway and Ireland back to London in July 2009

In Norway they go to

Alesund, Norway 9:00AM 11:00PM

Geiranger (Nordfjord), Norway 8:00AM 12:00PM

Hellesylt, Norway 1:30PM 5:00PM

The question is this enough to see of Norway and the Fjords or should I look for a more extensive \norway cruise that inc North Cape

Opinions Please

jazzyman

If you are interested in really seeing Norway and the Fjords, then this may not be the cruise for you. It will give you a "taste" of the Norwegian Fjords by going to Geirganger - but there is ever so much more to see. Oceania did an extensive cruise of Norway in 2004, but this particular cruise in 2009 is just their second visit and is only three days. :rolleyes:

We took a somewhat similar cruise called "Dover to Dover" in June 2004 with a continuing second cruise from Dover to Copenhagen - including Norway.

The cruise you mention is not the same, but is somewhat similar with a short deviation to Norway and then back to continue around the U.K.

We were so pleased with the 2004 cruise that we booked the 2009 and are looking forward to it.

(Frankly, I've been asking Oceania for another Norway cruise for years, but since this is the closest thing they've come up with, it will have to do!!) :rolleyes:

You may want to have a look at the Tahitian Princess, June, 09 itinerary. Covers the whole coast of Norway.

The Tahitian Princess is also a former Rennaissance cruise ship, as are the Oceania ships. We sailed on it in Tahiti, one of our memorable cruises. One of the advantages of Princess over Oceania is that their larger verandah suites (PH category) come without a butler and the associated costs. An adv,we beleive on Oceania, is that you can book the speciality restaurants without the special fee you have to pay on Tahitian Princess?

We have booked, are praying for good weather, and are looking forward to seeing the Norwegian fjords "in depth"

You may want to have a look at the Oceania Insignia cruise in June, 09 itinerary. Covers the whole coast of Norway.

We have booked, are praying for good weather and are looking forward to it

It is July & only goes to a few (3) ports in Norway. ....Or are you confusing it with the Princess cruise in your signature

The did one before that did more Norway ports.

It is July & only goes to a few (3) ports in Norway. ....Or are you confusing it with the Princess cruise in your signature

The did one before that did more Norway ports.

LHT28- Please see the post. Yes, we are talking about the Tahitian Princess

DEAN

Archived