2009 booking confirmed

Frankie Sue

That's it we are booked on the Prinsendam for 2009......... Wow...... We booked cabin AA133. Anyone with info on this cabin?? It is really surprising to see so little information available on the Prinsendam....... I'll welcome anything anyone has to say about the ship, the cabin,etc..... or any pictures availab.e

Look forward to reading you.

Frankie Sue.

Congrats on your booking. The Prinsendam is a great ship. We've sailed her twice and would gladly do so again. Have you checked the sticky on an intro to HAL ships? There's some information there. With just under 800 passengers, her feel is quite different from other ships in the fleet. But you know you're on a HAL ship. You'll enjoy the experience, I'm sure.

We just booked an AB cabin (guarantee) for the June 5, 2009 Princendam cruise from Rome to Amsterdam. I have been trying to get info on the cabins with little response.

However, I found a great review with lots of pictures at:

http://www.shipparade.com/cruise%20reviews/prinsendam/Prinsendam.htm

Be sure to page through all of the report. It looks like a wonderful ship.

We sailed on our first cruise last summer for two weeks on the Prinsendam. It is one of the smaller ships on the sea but it is nice. I can't remember our cabin number, but it also was a balcony. I thought the room was great but we had a triple and for some reason the bathrooms on designated triple rooms had only a shower and no bathtub. One good thing which I don't think most ships have, a big walk in closet. Looking at the HAL ship plans, I think the Prinsendam has almost everything the big ships have except on a smaller scale. I thought the staff (wait staff and cabin attendant) were outstanding! As someone said, the ship has less than 800 people with about as much staff so I thnk service is great. I'll see how it compares to a little bigger ship, we will be on the Zuiderdam this summer. One thing that someone had mentioned to me before, since the Prinsendam is smaller, it can get into ports where larger ships may not be able to. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense. Out of about 11 ports we only were tendered at one. Oh, I guess since it's smaller it doesn't have the dining choices and other activity choices of the mega ships, but it never seemed crowded at all and you can meet people and actually see them various times during the cruise.

Have fun.

Wow.... thanks a lot for the info. Wine Taster the report is just fabulous. Now I just can't wait to get aboard. The only thing that I have a bit of concern about, is that uncovered pool area. It must really restrict the public space area when it rains or the weather is cool.

Frankie Sue

The only thing that I have a bit of concern about, is that uncovered pool area. It must really restrict the public space area when it rains or the weather is cool.

That's especially true during breakfast and lunch. When outdoor eating space is eliminated it makes it tough to find a seat inside.

It can also be uncomfortable waiting for a burger.

Other that that, though, you shouldn't notice any crowding even in the worst of weather.

Prinsendam is just FABULOUS. You will love every aspect of it. Just get aboard and enjoy. The crew and staff make you feel like it is your own personal yacht. We feel we have the expertise as we have sailed more than 45 cruises on various lines (since 1957), and we love the Prinsendam.

Hi Francine. It looks like you and Jack have some exciting cruises planned (I think I saw that you're going back on the Noordam in November). Ed and I are looking forward to our next cruise in July, although remembering how massive the Freedom of the Sea looked when we were in San Juan last year makes me think I'll be wishing I were on a smaller ship.

I have the photo you gave us in the living room, so I'm reminded several times a day of what a great time we had last year.

I see that you have become a CruiseCritic fan, just like me. How nice for you to connect again...... Yes we do have exciting plans for the next 2 years.... Can we tempt you and Ed to join us again in November?? We had such a fantastic cruise with you guys, we just hope that this next one will be as nice. Have you heard anything from Howard and Lisa?

We are really looking forward to the Prinsendam. From all I have read and heard, it is a beautiful and elegant small ship.

I look forward to your review from the Summer cruise.

Keep in touch. Jack says Hi to both of you.

• 5 months later...
That's it we are booked on the Prinsendam for 2009......... Wow...... We booked cabin AA133. Anyone with info on this cabin?? It is really surprising to see so little information available on the Prinsendam....... I'll welcome anything anyone has to say about the ship, the cabin,etc..... or any pictures availab.e

Frankie Sue.

Hi,

We offered and took an upgrade to SY suite so I will not be able to let you know about AA 133 on the Prinsendam. You may wish to post again.

White Cat

Frankie Sue.

When in 2009 is your cruise? You may want to look at the Roll Call for the Prinsendam. Carol

Archived