Best Princess Cruise Activities???

dankevork

Rules? What rules? There were supposed to be rules?;)

We played it in the aft elevator section on the Diamond. I think there were 4 elevators back there. We would stand in front of the one we thought would arrive first. It was hard to tell...there might be one a floor or two away, but it wouldn't be the first to arrive. Once you chose one, you couldn't change. An elevator would open and we would let out this huge yell and cheer, and the people on the elevator would look dazed and very confused until they caught on. Then a lot of them joined us. It was a blast, and Frankie is like the Pied Piper on these things. We had prizes and everything.

I guess this sort of activity only takes places on 30 night cruises with 19 sea days!:D

Our missed that on our cruise - sounds like fun after all those sea days:D :D

Pool games - what hillarious fun! Cocktail demonstration.

Theme nights - dancing, etc - we had a blast on our last cruise on January.

Line Dancing was fun too!

Caribbean treasure hunt - we had a blast when they did this on our cruise.

We had a great time doing the On Deck for the Cure - 5K walk for breast cancer on our cruise! Great cause, raised money, and a lot of fun!

What exactly is this Horse Racing? Is it like a "Night at the Races" kind of thing; where they show video of races?

There are wooden horses and everyone places bets on these wooden horses. Then odds are layed on the horse depending how many people bet on the horse (no rhyme or reason, just random). Then the MC rolls dice (or some other method) to see how far each of the horses move. First horse to the finish line wins and so do the people who bet on it... Very enjoyable, especially with a couple libations

....Obviously bingo is going to be near the top of the list, but what else?

Bingo is on the bottom of my list. It is the worst form of gambling in that the returns are outrageous. Especially the "cover all" games at the end... the odds of a winner are millions to one. Every one of those go to the last day to get an eventual winner.

....On past cruises I have loved the ping pong tournaments, pool activities....What is your favorite??

We enjoy the trivia. My wife enjoys the arts and crafts classes. Galley tours, food carving, ice carving are always good if you a new to cruising and haven't seen them a multitude of times before.

We enjoy the trivia. My wife enjoys the arts and crafts classes. Galley tours, food carving, ice carving are always good if you a new to cruising and haven't seen them a multitude of times before.

What sorts of arts and crafts classes do they have?

The only one that I read about involved painting ready-made ceramics.

(Hate to sound slightly grumpy, but that sounded a bit like another opportunity to buy stuff that other people made. :( If I am going to do that, then I would rather pick up some nice tiles in Portugal.)

Are there other art-related activities?

Arsinoe

What sorts of arts and crafts classes do they have? The only one that I read about involved painting ready-made ceramics.

(Hate to sound slightly grumpy, but that sounded a bit like another opportunity to buy stuff that other people made. :( If I am going to do that, then I would rather pick up some nice tiles in Portugal.)

Are there other art-related activities? Arsinoe

Seeing as I don't do them, I am remembering from the ones my wife has done. One I remember was a custom bookmark "decoration / painting" session. Another was a scarf tying class. Also there was an origami "paper folding" class. Those are some I remember. None involved any costs.

They are not offered on all sailings..... but have been on one's we have done.

For us in '05, on the Golden P. they had a pub crawl. You get a peice of paper with squares on it, and every time you go to a bar, you get a stamp. Whenyou filled the card, 14 bars you go to the sports bar and get a t-shirt. It took us 4 days for the 1st t-shirt :D and 2 days to get the second.:D :D

We asked about this on the Crown 2 summers ago and they said they don't do it anymore. Does anyone know if they still do this on any ships? I'd probably get the shirt before sailaway-LOL!

Several "crafty" sessions were held on Island, not that I attended but Mrs B returned with some sort of book made from coffee filter papers.

Trivia rules for me...but too many questions were US based, so it helps you mix with them! We won 3 times out of probably 15..prizes varied from rubbish to poor.......I have luggage tags, caps and travel wallets for my sins!:confused:

Bingo is on the bottom of my list. It is the worst form of gambling in that the returns are outrageous. Especially the "cover all" games at the end... the odds of a winner are millions to one. Every one of those go to the last day to get an eventual winner.

I don't play bingo for the odds...but for the fun!

It was a BLAST on our first cruise...

bit of a bore on DCL

fun on our last cruise, but the first one was best! (PLUS we won the first "big" jackpot on the first cruise, so that surely helped!!!)

Archived