Minin Suite on the Dolphin Deck vs Large Balcony Cabin on Caribe Deck ?

jimmy and allie

What no one here is mentioning is that the minisuites that can handle parties of 3 or 4 are all shoved all the way forward or all the way aft. Ergo, motion (and often noise) city. If you want (a) a midships location that avoids those issues, (b) a balcony and © need to accomodate a party of 3-4, a standard balcony cabin is your only option.

For upcoming cruise for Alaska, we picked caribe deck for the big balcony. We want to spend alot of time on balcony for the 7 night cruise to enjoy the scenery. We were on Dolphin deck, mini suite for Hawaiian cruise on Island Princess. The cabin was great. It was a 12? night cruise and we enjoyed the extra room. Rarely used balcony, so we didn't care that it was uncovered. It is important for us due to probable rain on Alaska cruise at times, to make sure the balcony has some cover. It's a shame that the mini suite balconies are uncovered on Princess. We just came back from a NCL carribean cruise which had a great mini suite with covered balcony.

For upcoming cruise for Alaska, we picked caribe deck for the big balcony. We want to spend alot of time on balcony for the 7 night cruise to enjoy the scenery. We were on Dolphin deck, mini suite for Hawaiian cruise on Island Princess. The cabin was great. It was a 12? night cruise and we enjoyed the extra room. Rarely used balcony, so we didn't care that it was uncovered. It is important for us due to probable rain on Alaska cruise at times, to make sure the balcony has some cover. It's a shame that the mini suite balconies are uncovered on Princess. We just came back from a NCL carribean cruise which had a great mini suite with covered balcony.

If you're in an area where the balcony would have a reasonable chance of being unusable during the day due to weather I'd go for the mini-suite, if you're in the Caribbean and the balcony during the day has a good chance of being able to serve as a sitting area anyway I'd save the money and go for the balcony (BB or BA category). We've done BB cat. balcony both times since it worked as a sitting area for us anyway so the extra 2' of space and saving some money were both a plus.

What no one here is mentioning is that the minisuites that can handle parties of 3 or 4 are all shoved all the way forward or all the way aft. Ergo, motion (and often noise) city. If you want (a) a midships location that avoids those issues, (b) a balcony and © need to accomodate a party of 3-4, a standard balcony cabin is your only option.

We just returned from the CB...Mini Suite D302. This stateroom was not all the way forward and it did accommodate 3 of us. We were located just off of the forward elevator lobby and we had very liitle motion in the stateroom (which was rather disappointing to me because one of the highlights of sailing for me is being rocked to sleep)

We just returned from the CB...Mini Suite D302. This stateroom was not all the way forward and it did accommodate 3 of us. We were located just off of the forward elevator lobby and we had very liitle motion in the stateroom (which was rather disappointing to me because one of the highlights of sailing for me is being rocked to sleep)

DW and I can relate to that. It's one of the biggest reasons we love booking aft balconies.

Question on the Emerald Deck mini-suites for Crown, Emerald and Ruby. Deck plans seem to indicate (if I'm reading them right) that they are located right above the one dance club. Anyone ever had any issues with the noise etc fromt he club?

Warren and Yvonne

Hi fellow Albertan,

We were in E723 on the Star and I am trying to remember what side of the ship it was, if it was above the Club. But it is was, we slept like babies and did not hear ANY noise. We liked it so much that we have booked it again for the Crown in November!

I'm kind of confused here.This is our first cruise on Princess and we will be on the Island Princess for the Panama Canal. We booked Carib 727. Does anyone know how big this balcony is? I know this is not covered and hope this won't be a problem. We love aft so we went with the farthest back cabin we could get. We will most likly have breakfast on the balcony, drinks before dinner and we like to look at the ocean at night just before we go to bed so we don't really need the shade during the day.

Hi fellow Albertan,

We were in E723 on the Star and I am trying to remember what side of the ship it was, if it was above the Club. But it is was, we slept like babies and did not hear ANY noise. We liked it so much that we have booked it again for the Crown in November!

Well Howdy Neighbor :D that's good news about the noise as I've got E730 booked now on the Ruby :)

Warren and Yvonne

Hi.

We are going to be on the Grand next year, B725.

Shade is quite important to us as well.

As far as I can tell from the deck plans and photos of the ship this appears to be a covered balcony.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Thanks

Hi.

We are going to be on the Grand next year, B725.

Shade is quite important to us as well.

As far as I can tell from the deck plans and photos of the ship this appears to be a covered balcony.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Thanks

I would do some checking on this (maybe start a new thread with this question) as the category you booked is a BD balcony and from what I remember, this balcony will be totally exposed with absolututely no shade at all. Again, racking my brain, but I think the BB category balcony staterooms are the only balcony staterooms that have any type of cover over the balcony.

I'm kind of confused here.This is our first cruise on Princess and we will be on the Island Princess for the Panama Canal. We booked Carib 727. Does anyone know how big this balcony is? I know this is not covered and hope this won't be a problem. We love aft so we went with the farthest back cabin we could get. We will most likly have breakfast on the balcony, drinks before dinner and we like to look at the ocean at night just before we go to bed so we don't really need the shade during the day.

This site might help you:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Marilyn

For Travelling Heavy,

Baja deck on Grand Princes has fully covered balconies. Size will be 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. Same size.design as Lido and Aloha deck balconies. Only Caribe deck on Grand has larger balconies ( 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep) with last 4 ft. of depth, uncovered by ceiling overhang. Dolphin deck has mini-suites with balconies that are fully uncovered and sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep. Emerald deck balconies for the mini-suites are fully covered as well.

Be aware, the above only applies to balcony cabins that are NOT located fully aft and facing the ship's wake. Aft facing balconies are all fully covered and somewhat larger than the dimensions quoted above.

I totally agree! Plus, we like having two tv's. They are especially nice for really long cruises, as we seem to have more stuff to spread out then. We are downsizing on our cruise-after-next with "just" a balcony so that we can be with a group, but I know we will be missing having a mini-suite.

I agree. We have a mini for our 3 continent trans-atlantic and I can't wait. We had regular balcony for our last trans-atlantic and it was fine, but the mini is going to be extra sweet for a 21 night cruise.

For Travelling Heavy,

Baja deck on Grand Princes has fully covered balconies. Size will be 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. Same size.design as Lido and Aloha deck balconies. Only Caribe deck on Grand has larger balconies ( 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep) with last 4 ft. of depth, uncovered by ceiling overhang. Dolphin deck has mini-suites with balconies that are fully uncovered and sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep. Emerald deck balconies for the mini-suites are fully covered as well.

Be aware, the above only applies to balcony cabins that are NOT located fully aft and facing the ship's wake. Aft facing balconies are all fully covered and somewhat larger than the dimensions quoted above.

Thanks for that.

This stateroom is located to the side & aft of the ship on the starboard side.

Our favorite location.

It would have been nice to have the extra room of a mini suite but it was difficult for us to justify the extra cost.

As long as well have the balcony we will be happy.

Archived