Where do Regent cruisers stay in Venice?

poss

I've looked at the Venice posts on the "destinations" section of CC and looked, too, at Trip Advisor postings. But I'm particularly interested to learn where Regent folks stay before/after their cruise. We don't know Venice at all (haven't been there in more than 4 decades), and I'm concerned about making our way (with luggage) to the hotel post-cruise. Ideally would love just to book post-cruise hotel and transfer with Regent, but afraid that's likely to be prohibitively expensive. Still, I'm interested in hearing from people who've gone that route as well as booking on their own.

Our priorities: room/hotel as quiet as possible; good location for sight-seeing and pleasant strolling; decent size room and bathroom (prefer shower stall to bath); need king bed or separate (not queen). Possible for around $400?

Many thanks!

We stayed at the Westin hotel and found the location to be perfect. It was easy to walk everywhere. We had a room overlooking the water and it was beautiful.

Steve

The Westin is more costly than $400-- considerably more costly. But ER-- I'm still interested in how you made your way to the hotel. I guess that's the thing I'm more concerned about than anything else. Don't want any kind of hassle. (Aging DH more and more the reluctant traveler; comfort and ease increasingly important.)

Thanks for replies!

The Westin is more costly than $400-- considerably more costly. But ER-- I'm still interested in how you made your way to the hotel. I guess that's the thing I'm more concerned about than anything else. Don't want any kind of hassle. (Aging DH more and more the reluctant traveler; comfort and ease increasingly important.)

Thanks for replies!

We're leaving 2 weeks from today, have never been to Venice and were worried about schlepping bags etc. My BIL has been to Venice several times; suggested strongly to take a water taxi, he didn't and was sorry he didn't. Expensive, no question (150 euro) to our hotel but hassle free and they will charge our credit card which also avoids having to get money right away.

Thanks for replies!

We had no problem getting to the Westin Hotel. We took a water taxi.

Really, we found this to be a great hotel except that the cost was high. When we stayed there we paid about $290/night. But the USD was stronger then and so now it costs more.

Archived