Ultimate Balcony Dinner ? Anyone done it ?

jimmy and allie

We did this last year on the Diamond as we were leaving Hawaii. It is well worth the price. You receive:

appetizers

an excellent salad

choice of lobster, steak or combination of both

dessert

The service is excellent. Also, the ships photographer comes along and takes a wonderful picture so they memory can live on. I would definitley do this again and probably will on our cruise in October.

Congratulation on 38 years. We just celebrated our 38th this month. 1970 was a wonderful year;)

Ultimate Balcony Dinner/Breakfast -- Passengers can also take advantage of warm climates and breathtaking views with a special meal delivered right to their own private balcony. The Ultimate Balcony Dinner features a full evening featuring a hosted cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe four-course meal featuring delicate sweet lobster tail for $50 per person. For those who want start the day with a romantic meal, the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of French champagne, all for $25 per couple.

We did this on Diamond (with Rauld) and it was wonderful. We had a minisuite and there was room. They bring in a larger table and sturdy chairs. Each course is served by your waiters. They wait outside and just seem to know when to come in with the next course. The food was great. We are definately doing this again in October (with Rauld;) - aren't CC buddies great??) The ultimate balcony breakfast is great too.

In a word - fantastic!

You'll have plenty of room - like morriscats said, they bring in a larger table. You'll have lots of room to have the table set up on your balcony if the weather is nice.

We had our balcony dinner on the Island Princess last year on the evening we left Kauai, Hawaii. It got very very windy during dinner so they came and moved everything just inside our patio door.

The service was superb. And the food...oh the food....:D

We will be doing this again on the Coral in January. Don't miss this experience. Well worth every penny.

Cindy

Jimmy,

The UBD is a great way to surprise your wife! Its actually quite romantic and is something that I'll contiue to do as long as I sail Princess. Listening to the sounds of waves and feeling the warm breeze, all the while enjoying a fabulous meal with the one you love. It doesn't get any better than that!!

Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary. I wish you many more!!

Wow !!

This really sounds great and I want to surprise Allie with this ! I always try to top myself every year and this will be one of those great ones ! How do I book this ? In advance through Princess or on the ship... Colo Cruises, Morris Cats, Sun Surf and Shipmeout.... Thanks for your review and great info/advice.. Jimmy :)

We did this for the first time on our 3/29 Crown sailing and loved it. The food was fantastic, the service was amazing and we had such an enjoyable evening. It was windy the night we did it but we were still able to really enjoy ourselves. I plan on doing it again on our next spring break cruise.

And just so you know, if you don't like what's on the menu offered, they will swap it out with something that is on the menus in the dining room. And the lobster that they served was some of the best lobster that I've ever had.

This is a great "surprise" for your significant other. We just did it last week on the CB. I surprised my husband with it for our 25th anniversary evening. Just call Room Service when you board and reserve the night and time you want. Then the Maitre 'D will call to find out your order. You get to order a cocktail, then the entree as mentioned above: filet, lobster tail, or both. I don't eat lobster but got both and gave the lobster to my husband (an extra treat).

They come just about the time you reserve with a folding table, linens, china, glasses. Then your cocktails come and they serve the appetizers. Little round pieces of white bread with either pate, shrimp, ham or caviar. I don't do fish so I ate the ham, and my husband only liked the shrimp ones. HOwever, keep in mind that there is a LOT more food to come so don't fill up on the appetizers.

About this time the photographer comes and the waiter opens the champagne (you get a small bottle with the dinner). They take about 4 or 5 pictures of different poses which you then get to choose one at the photo gallery the next day or later in the week.

They then bring rolls and butter and a crab quiche for each of you. Then the salads. The salads were really good complete with lettuce, goat cheese, candied nuts and pears and a delicious vinagerette dressing. Then, as if you aren't already full, you get your entrees. The come with a small side of veggies and potatoe.

Dessert follows which was really good but we were so stuffed we wanted to save it. However, there wasn't room in the fridge for the plate so we left it out and the room steward removed it the next day so we didn't get to enjoy it. It consisted of white, milk and dark chocolate mousses with fruit in a dark chocolate bowl and some whipped cream.

As if that wasn't enough, because it was our anniversary they also brought a small chocolate cake for us. Brought that down to our son and daughter to enjoy.

AND, it concluded with a plate of cookies which we enjoyed the next couple of days.

Well worth the $100 for the two of us. plus we tipped the waiter $20 and his assistant $10. My husband was truly surprised and we enjoyed the quiet evening on our balcony sailing through the Caribbean. AHHHHH, wish we were back. :)

The breakfast was fabulous, several silver trays of goodies, including crab, pastries, champagne, fresh fruit. Fed not only us, but our friends on the next balcony! I'm sure the dinner is terrific judging by the breakfast. There's way too much food for 2, but it sure was great.

We were on the CB in Nov07, and I booked the UBD when we boarded as a surprize for girlfriend's 50th birthday. To use her words...."It was spectacular". We were in a mini-suite on the Emerald deck. As other's have said above, service was impeccable, food was great (more than enough). Would book this again in a heartbeat!!

I have never done this but, like yourself have turned to this site to learn more.

I think we will do either the breakfast or dinner on our next cruise based on what people said about it from this site..

Maybe both? I mean...it will be our honeymoon...

We did the breakfast the morning that the DIamond arrived in Hilo last month.

It was a wonderful meal, and left us feeling very pampered.

The waiter fixed the balcony table with linens, set up the meal and poured the champagne.

We had so much food we didn't even touch the plate of Danishes and breakfast breads that morning. We kept them, and on each of the next two mornings, we ordered hot beverages and fresh fruit from room service and had the breads and rolls for breakfast before going ashore.

That meal is certainly worth more than the $28 that is charged for two persons.

I will definitely be getting the UBD for sure. This will be my first cruise with my wife and this is our honeymoon cruise. We are getting married on May 24 and sailing on the 26 of May. I am wondering if I can do it on the very first night of sailing on May 26/08. We are going on the CB and I would love to surprise her on the very first night. Is there a way to do advance booking? I dont want to call room service when she is around as I want to keep this as a surprise.

Thanks everybody ! I will book this as soon as I get on the ship ! It is just what I have been looking for !! Allie has put up with my nonsense for all of these years and deserves some little surprise's like this... Can you ask for more lobster tails ??? She loves Lobster... Thanks

Trust me you won't need to order any extra lobster. We just got off the Coral and celebrated our 30th anniversary with the UBD. We had the largest filet and lobster tails I've ever seen. Even my husband who absolutely LOVES lobster couldn't finish his own (much less mine). It was the best dinner we ever had and such a romantic way to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed the fresh roses for the remainder of our cruise. PLUS our wonderful waiters even sang a special song for us. They told us they practiced it in the hallway before they came in with dessert. Then they sang "I Can't Smile Without You" only changing the words to "HE can't smile without you" as they sang to me. It was one of the best moments on our cruise!

Archived