Most Cruises in the Shortest Time

How many cruises have you been on in the last year?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you been on in the last year?

I thought this might be a fun little thread (hopefully it's not been done before).

I'm just curious, how much money are all of you spending on cruising? Who here holds the record for most cruises sailed in the shortest amount of time?

I, for example, am less than 2 weeks away from my fourth RCI cruise in the last 8 months.

Top that... :P

Since last April 1st to today I have taken 7 cruises on RCCL. From January 1, 2007 to date I have been on 10.

Out of those 10 there were four 7 night cruises, four 5 night cruises and two 3 nighters.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah Ha!! Gotcha ya! Since this time last year, May 19, 2007 through April 20th (less than a year) I've been on ELEVEN!! Wow, didn't even know there was such a thread! Wow Mary, I didn't know you'd been on that many, suddenly I don't feel so guilty! LOL!

Let's see,,,,of those 3 were 7 nights, 2 were 5 nights. 3 were 4 nights, and 3 were 3 nighters! All were a blast!!

Four since last August....another coming up in September and one in December.

If I had the money, I'd be on a ship every month......ALL of my discretionary funds go to cruising with very few exceptions. Those exceptions are mostly family vacation outings.......

Retired and on a fixed income with very little savings, I do a lot of things to earn money for my addiction. I sell on eBay (a big revenue generator), clip coupons, take any work that comes my way (coupla days a month at a local independent book store, coupla days a month at a local pharmacy at the register, like that.)

Any funds that come my way unexpectedly (like the so-call "stimulus" check), goes into my cruise stash. I save all my change in a huge coffee can (that's good for several hundreds of dollars a year)....

Wish I'd win the lottery-----just a small one....HA!

I'm trying to beat my record of nine in 12 months. ;)

One 6-night, two 7-night, one 8-night, one 9-night, two 10-night, two 14-night.

David

You Do!!! By far your cruises are more nights onboard than mine! One must remember I don't do this regularly, just wanted to get to Diamond Plus and quickly!

Like G'ma I work, work, and work. I work 3 jobs and save what ever I can for sure. I do re-evaluate what I'm spending on work at least every 2 months so I'm not putting money where it's not helping me.

Happy Cruising!!

Where's critterchick?? I think that for the past year she has to have averaged about one per month.

The best year for us was in '06 where we were on 8 cruises.

Rick

15 for me in the last 12 months! Three 7-nights, one 12, one 14 and a bunch of 3 & 4.

It was a very good year!:D

We were on 3 in '07 a 7 night Caribbean, 10 night Alaska, 15 night Hawaii. I'm sure if we lived nearer to the ports we would do more:) Maybe it is better that we don't.:D

If we lived in South Florida or were retired we would probably do two cruises a month.

I'm impressed with the number of cruises you all pack into one year. We'll be doing 4 this year including a 13 day Italy and Croatia on LOS. You must do some great bargain hunting.....please share the Travel Agent(s)/web sites you use. Thanks a million. If you want to keep this private you can e-mail me at: whitejn@comcast.net.

THANKS

Of course I love cruising, but I have a question for the frequent cruisers. As you cruise more and more, does each cruise still give you the same excitement? This past year I cruised 4 times with RCI, and each trip was wonderful. I love RCI. But I did find myself feeling that some things were becoming too familiar and perhaps I should try another cruise line just to see what's new.

I want to know how everyone affords to cruise so much. I thought I was doing good with one a year.

I want your job:D

OK..........I'll switch jobs with you!! Maybe I better find out first what it is that you do.........but I'm sure that I can fit in.....unless you are a surgeon..........and that's an area........that I'm not going to touch.

However........I do work 24/7 to be able to afford these cruises!!:)

That's 24 hours a week...............7 months a year!!!:D :D

How do you think that we can get away for at least 2 months of cruising, and then there is the land thing that we do.......and our condo in Cancun.

Yep...........7 months a year.........on a good one............this on has been bad so we are working almost 10 months!!:D :D

God love America and the opportunities that it provides!!

Rick

Archived