Most Cruises in the Shortest Time

How many cruises have you been on in the last year?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you been on in the last year?

Of course I love cruising, but I have a question for the frequent cruisers. As you cruise more and more, does each cruise still give you the same excitement? This past year I cruised 4 times with RCI, and each trip was wonderful. I love RCI. But I did find myself feeling that some things were becoming too familiar and perhaps I should try another cruise line just to see what's new.

We were starting to see the same shows/entertainment on nearly every RCCL cruise. Even many of the shows on Celebrity Cruises were the same as Royal's. We've done a couple of NCL cruises so far in 2008 for a change of pace. We go back to Royal this September on Radiance. We'll cruise with those three lines in the future but we have no interest in cruising on any others.

We were starting to see the same shows/entertainment on nearly every RCCL cruise. Even many of the shows on Celebrity Cruises were the same as Royal's. We've done a couple of NCL cruises so far in 2008 for a change of pace. We go back to Royal this September on Radiance. We'll cruise with those three lines in the future but we have no interest in cruising on any others.

Tony.........you do many cruises per year.........and from your past comments.........you enjoy cruising very much.

My question to you.........based on your comment above............do you contunue to do the shows...........or at some point say......let's do something else.............what ever that may be.

Bobbie and I enjoy reading durning the evening hours.............we have not seen a show in over a year..............yet we love to cruise!!

Rick

My wife and I average about 2 cruises per year. However, we don't ever want to get to the point where cruising is routine. That takes a lot of the fun out of it... the anticipation of doing some thing out of the ordinary, doing the planning, counting down the weeks, days, hours.

I look at some of these folks who have been on 60 or 70 cruises, and wonder if they ever get bored with Cozumel, like we are after 4 visits. What must it be like to have been there so many times.

Besides, my boss wouldn't put up with me being gone for so long... have to work 40 hours a week to fill up the gas tank

How can all of you take off that much work???? I am jealous!! I look forward to when I retire and can take 2 per year!!! Of course I tend to go when cruises are at their highest price, but I am a teacher so that is when i can go!:D:(

I'm self-employed, so my boss lets me have all the time off I want.:) Actually, I just got to a point in my life where I hated, make that LOATHED the idea of going into the office every day, so I asked to go part time. They said no, so I quit. It took about a year to work up the nerve and save enough money to do it. Now I have my own practice (law) and do contract work so I have a great deal of flexibility.

Of course I love cruising, but I have a question for the frequent cruisers. As you cruise more and more, does each cruise still give you the same excitement? This past year I cruised 4 times with RCI, and each trip was wonderful. I love RCI. But I did find myself feeling that some things were becoming too familiar and perhaps I should try another cruise line just to see what's new.

We've sailed on Princess and RCI, and now are going to try Celebrity (Xpedition to the Galapagos Islands) and Azamara for some variety. As for the excitement, I cruise both for the ship and for the itinerary, so as long as I'm mixing up where I'm going I think I'll be happy (not sure "excitement" is the right word for me).

Tony.........you do many cruises per year.........and from your past comments.........you enjoy cruising very much.

My question to you.........based on your comment above............do you contunue to do the shows...........or at some point say......let's do something else.............what ever that may be.

Bobbie and I enjoy reading durning the evening hours.............we have not seen a show in over a year..............yet we love to cruise!!

Rick

DW insists we attend all the production shows. Even the ones we have already seen two or three times. Personally I would rather do something else but we know who usually wins out. ;)

We met a fellow on a cruise a few years back who had been on the same ship for 26 consecutive cruises. He had his on personal butler traveling with him. Butler had his own cabin.

That is the way to travel.:D :D

I cruised 26 consecutive cruises on the Norway in 1983!!! Of course I was a crewmember but it still counts. Does'nt it? Garlicruisers

I'm fairly certain the OP's question was meant for paying customers and not crew members.

Archived