American Airlines Changed my flight

I think you are entitled to change your reservation free of any fees when the airline changes the time on you. I would call and take a later flight. You might be able to make a 10am flight, but it would be rather risky.

I think you are entitled to change your reservation free of any fees when the airline changes the time on you. I would call and take a later flight. You might be able to make a 10am flight, but it would be rather risky.

Considering you are supposed to be at the airport 1-2 hours before not good odds

American airline did that to me the last time I flew out of San Juan in

November.

I called them and told them I was coming in on a cruise ship and they immediately

knew that I could not make it. They did not charge me to change my flights to later

ones because it was their doing, not mine.

They found me later flights and everything worked out fine.

We had an 11:35 am flight leaving San Juan on the Sunday Morning we depart AOS in June. Now the flight leaves at 10:00 AM. Will we be able to make this flight?

Charlie

No... absolutely not.... unless it is delayed!

This depends on the time difference in the change.

I believe AA gives free changes if more than 1 hour.

Call AA and tell them you can not have have an earlier flight and if you are told anything you dont like, ask for a supervisor or kindly hang up and call again.

Yes call them. American changes frequently, especially if you book like I do so far in advance. .......but all airlines do this. They usually don't know you are on a cruise, and of course if there is a schedule change by the airlines it doesn't matter anyway..........just call and give them your circumstances and I'm sure they'll switch you.

Oh yes, they did that to us as well. We had the same original flight time as it was a non-stop to Boston. They changed it to 9:30....

Because we wanted a non-stop, we ended up staying in San Juan overnight and taking the original flight out the next day. We much preferred that then a lot of changes. Besides, we got to extend our vacation.

They did not charge us any extra for this change.

Airtran just did this to us. Bumped us up to an 11AM flight out of Orlando when we return from Mariner. Unfortunately, that's the only nonstop flight they have, so now we'll have to make a connection. I'm annoyed because we chose Airtran BECAUSE we could get direct flights. And, although I'm guessing Airtran would refund our money if we complained, we're now only 3 weeks out and to book a new ticket on another airline now is really expensive.

If they make a change to your time, (even if it is not and hour) they will let you change or even cancel without a fee. Do not be surprised if it changes again before you travel. Most schedule changes happen at the first of the month.

Delta did this to Dan for our June cruise (I'm flying separately to drop the kids off). They rescheduled the second flight, but not the first, so that he was leaving Atlanta before he was scheduled to arrive. It took a good bit of explaining to the agent why this wouldn't work, but he did manage to get an earlier flight into Atlanta so he doesn't have to bilocate somewhere in the air. :eek:

American is FAMOUS for this!!!! (That's why, unless they are the ONLY airline flying where I want to go, I won't book with them!!!) You go to all the trouble of researching and booking what you want, and then, willy-nilly, they change it--as if it won't make a bit of difference to you! The nerve these airlines have.

American is FAMOUS for this!!!! (That's why, unless they are the ONLY airline flying where I want to go, I won't book with them!!!) You go to all the trouble of researching and booking what you want, and then, willy-nilly, they change it--as if it won't make a bit of difference to you! The nerve these airlines have.

I would suggest you get used to it........and it isn't just American.......airlines IMO will be cutting flights, especially if proposed mergers take place. If this happens and their are fewer flights, many will be reassigned to other flights........a plane can't burn fuel if it isn't flying. Fewer flights will mean greater demand and probably higher prices than what they are now.........and if we didn't book 300 days out (like I admit I do when I can find a good rate) then we wouldn't be subject to so many changes.:)

Archived