Best Table Location in Main Dining Room on M Class Ships?

2Canucks

DH and I are sailing on the Millennium in nine (!) days. Having never been on an M class =X= ship before, I'm not sure what "upstairs near the railing" means exactly. Is (5) a table number?

Looking at the Metropolitan restaurant floorplan, the upper level seems to have tables both forward and aft of the staircase. It looks as if the railing may be aft of the staircase. Is this correct? If so, would you recommend farther back, closer to aft or closer to the staircase?

We've requested a table for six at the main seating. I'm planning to head to the Rendezvous Lounge ASAP, as instructed on this site, after we embark to see where we've been assigned. I'd like to be able to be fairly specific about where we'd like to be if we need to change our table.

Thanks for your input!

DH and I are sailing on the Millennium in nine (!) days. Having never been on an M class =X= ship before, I'm not sure what "upstairs near the railing" means exactly. Is (5) a table number?

Looking at the Metropolitan restaurant floorplan, the upper level seems to have tables both forward and aft of the staircase. It looks as if the railing may be aft of the staircase. Is this correct? If so, would you recommend farther back, closer to aft or closer to the staircase?

We've requested a table for six at the main seating. I'm planning to head to the Rendezvous Lounge ASAP, as instructed on this site, after we embark to see where we've been assigned. I'd like to be able to be fairly specific about where we'd like to be if we need to change our table.

Thanks for your input!

Five is the deck. The restaurant is on two levels, deck four and deck five. Aft of the staircase is where the railing is and provides an overview of the lower level. The upper level sort of rings the lower level. We were at a table for four, set for two midway between the staircase and all the way aft. The table numbers seem to change from cruise to cruise based on configuration needs, but our number was 531. We loved the location.

Regards

I think that towards the center of the dining room, and towards the aft, either in the open aarea on lower level or towards the railing on level 2 is the prettiest view and nicest seting considering the view around you.

But personally, I have trouble hearing and holding conversation when it is a bit noisy. Since the more central open areas tend to be a bit nosier, I prefer a quiet area far off to one side or a corner.

In your opinion what's The "Best Table Location" in the main dining room... on the Constellation (M class ships) besides the "Captain's Table"!

Pat :)

On our Alaska cruise we had a table for 8 at the aft and overlooking the Captain's table. The view from the two storey windows was fantastic. The table number was 500 (starboard) and I think it's 503 on the port side. We liked the table so much we are going to ask for either of those again!

Dot (another canuck!)

Thanks for your input!

I hope you realize that the maitre d' may not move your entire table just because you want a better view. Think of that old domino effect; they move you, then the table they move doesn't like their location, and on and on.

The worst places to be are in the hallway (there are a couple of tables for two that are literally in walkways) and close to the bussing stations. Of course, if you're close to the bus station then it's easy to catch your servers' attention!

Thanks so much for your replies! The floor plan makes more sense now that I understand where the railing is located.

Janine, there are only two of us, but I requested, when asked by our TA, to be seated at a table for six (probably with two other couples) as opposed to a table for two, eight or ten. I realize this is only a request and will approach the maitre d' without expectation.

Betsy

Thanks so much for your replies! The floor plan makes more sense now that I understand where the railing is located.

Janine, there are only two of us, but I requested, when asked by our TA, to be seated at a table for six (probably with two other couples) as opposed to a table for two, eight or ten. I realize this is only a request and will approach the maitre d' without expectation.

Betsy

Betsy,

We were only '2', but requested a large table (#500 or #503) in advance of the cruise. So if there's a particular place you'd like to be have your TA make the request 45 days out. (It's only a 'request' but in our case we were lucky and thrilled to get it!!

Dot

Dot,

Were you in a suite when you made a specific request for dining room assignment or just a regular room? I know when we had a Sky Suite on the Mercury we had priority had got the table we requested, but this time we're only in a CC cabin on Millennium and would like to make a specific request again.

Hi

There are eight of us on the Infinity in June to Alaska. I have requested an 8 top at the rear of the dining room at the back window. I can't remember which deck the Martini Bar is on. We've decided that that will be our meeting place for a drink before dinner. I would want my table on the same deck as the Martini Bar. I still have time to submit my request for change. Please let me know if you can.

Thanks

Joy

Cruisin'mama - we were in CC and got our request for table 500.

Shipshape sam - I agree it can be noisy on the lower level at the aft, but on the upper deck the ceiling is lower and noise was not bothersome at all.

JoyFrances - The Martini Bar is on deck 5 so it was just a short hop to our table!

BBsails - I think the table numbers are the same on all M class ships as we picked out the table on the Infinity from a Constellation Dining Room layout.

Happy dining everyone!

Dot

Wherever Milen is waiting on tables is the best location. He was a super waiter.

We love the Connie. We leave next Sunday on Millenium for Alaska and hope the ship and crew on the Millie are as great as the Connie.

marlene

Thanks for the link. We are on the Summit and I have to say...if we are place in the "hall" or near the bus stations, I will NOT be eating in the dining room!

I would much rather eat in my stateroom than any of those tables. We have asked for a table near the railing already. What are the chances that we will actually be given our request?

This sounds harsh, but I can't imagine 12 days worth of a bad table. Eating out at a restaurant on land and having a bad seat is frustrating enough, but an entire vacation? No way!

I am panicking!

"We leave next Sunday on Millenium for Alaska and hope the ship and crew on the Millie are as great as the Connie."

Hold the phone, Marlene! Don't you leave next Monday on the Millennium for Alaska? Don't want you to have a 24 hour wait at the pier!

We cruised on Infinity and Millennium, last year, and hands down the best table to sit at is a table full of friends. Get to know the people on your Roll Call and make table reservations for a group of you. We had a table with nine of us on Infinity, and a table with 11 of us on Millennium.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

We hang out with friends and family all the time at home. My husband and I both have very social jobs.

We love meeting people around the ship and having cocktails or a chat with them, but dinner time is ours.

This is our 20th anniversary and we want some alone time. Over dinner is a nice time to wind down from all of our excursions and just enjoy each other and some nice conversation. (Happy to still have that after 20 years!)

Certainly everyone should do what they please on their vacation, just enjoy! I just don't want a loud table for two in a hallway or near the kitchen. If I get my wish, it will be a perfect trip!

Archived