*Boxing Ring on Liberty OTS*

I did one workout with a personal trainer in the ring and it was $ 85! I don't know if they would just charge you to use it or if its like the other equipment that is for everyone to use. every now and then a post pops up about it and no one ever answers which leads me to believe I think they'd be glad someone was using it instead of just keeping art in it.

I vaguely recall having read that you MUST have a trainer to get in the ring. There are a large punching bag and a small bag for rapid punching that you can use free of charge without supervision.

For myself, I hope Genesis does not waste valuable gym space with a boxing ring that has such minimal appeal. I have no doubt boxing enthusiasts like it, but on any given cruise how many passengers want to box? Plus RCI has to maintain a trainer in the gym who is capable of conducting boxing workouts. That is a specialty. Not every gym trainer can conduct an authentic sparring session.

Maybe Genesis could have a big trampoline in the same space. That is, if Genesis has the ceiling height for one.

I vaguely recall having read that you MUST have a trainer to get in the ring. There are a large punching bag and a small bag for rapid punching that you can use free of charge without supervision.

That was my recollection as well. You can get three personal training sessions for $210. I did some boxing/cardio while I was on freedom. It was terrific.

For myself, I hope Genesis does not waste valuable gym space with a boxing ring that has such minimal appeal. I have no doubt boxing enthusiasts like it, but on any given cruise how many passengers want to box? Plus RCI has to maintain a trainer in the gym who is capable of conducting boxing workouts. That is a specialty. Not every gym trainer can conduct an authentic sparring session.

Plus there are equipment needs. By the time you pack your gloves, wraps, head gear, etc., there would be no room left to smuggle booze. :rolleyes:

So basically no one really knows? :D

Seems to me that someone indicated that one training session in the boxing ring costs $85 and a series of three costs $210. I have never had occasion to make use of it and doubt I will in the future, but if RCI removed every feature that I don't use or care for, their ships would be a lot more barren looking.

Archived