Taxi or Car Service to Cape Liberty?

Tabbymom

There seems to be a wide variety of prices discussed for both cabs and car services ranging from $30 to $60. There are three of us going from the Residence Inn in Elizabeth to the terminal, then back to EWR after the cruise. How much does it really cost? :confused: Are we better off with letting the hotel arrange a taxi, or reserving a car service and, if so, which one? :confused::confused: I get the impression that SuperShuttle and/or taxis will be at the pier for arrivals - is that true or do you have to reserve them (their web site shows a cost of $12/pp back to the airport)?

I'm so confused! :confused::confused::confused: What should we do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Although I get the impression that most of you are driving and parking.

I looked at super shuttle's site..they do not appear to pick up at the pier but i could be wrong...........(i tried booking a fake ressie)

i stayed at the courtyard (across the parking lot)...they called a cab for me, which was actually a town car. i do not know who they called...but it was 40 bucks.

i would call the hotel directly and ask for the name of the car service and/or cab compnay they use...(they may have a couple). then call them and see who has the best rate....

i live an hour away. i do not park at the pier.....i would rather leave the driving to someone else...(and i am USED to driving in Jersey...I have lived here my whole life!)

getting a cab/car back shouldn't be bad.....we waited maybe 5 minutes...wound up in a stretch limo for the same price.!!

Well, just made a bunch of calls and wanted to share my findings:

SuperShuttle does go from the port to the airport; $12/pp. You make a reservation; when you disembark, check in at their booth and I guess you get on the next available shuttle. Most likely that's what we'll do.

Cab from hotel - hotel says about $35; they use Elizabeth Cab who say "$50 dear".

Car service companies that have been mentioned on the boards:

Sky Ride Limo $60

Secaucus Taxi Service "doesn't do that - call Elizabeth Taxi"

Dial 7 - $81

Concord Limo - $158 :eek:

and...

Black Executive Cars - $45 :D

If anyone has experience elsewhere we'd appreciate knowing the company!

Since we'll have a rental car our other option is to return the car that morning instead of the night before, then take SuperShuttle from the airport for $36. He would drop us and all the luggage at the shuttle stop then return the car and come back. We'll have the time; just depends on how much running around we want to do. But otherwise DH will have to return it the night before and take the rental shuttle to the airport then the hotel shuttle to the hotel.

SuperShuttle does go from the port to the airport; $12/pp. You make a reservation; when you disembark, check in at their booth and I guess you get on the next available shuttle. Most likely that's what we'll do.

Cab from hotel - hotel says about $35; they use Elizabeth Cab who say "$50 dear".

Sky Ride Limo $60

Dial 7 - $81

and...

If anyone has experience elsewhere we'd appreciate knowing the company!

Since we'll have a rental car our other option is to return the car that morning instead of the night before, then take SuperShuttle from the airport for $36. He would drop us and all the luggage at the shuttle stop then return the car and come back. We'll have the time; just depends on how much running around we want to do. But otherwise DH will have to return it the night before and take the rental shuttle to the airport then the hotel shuttle to the hotel.

Do you have a link or phone number for Black Executive Cars? Thanks.

Here's the link:

http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/index.html

And I just spent 15 minutes researching where I got the name (I've been on so many web sites today) and sure enough it was here! Of course I don't know how CAM6929 liked them in Jan but tracked down the review and CAM said "Used a Limo service to get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. Great way to go and not expensive." So guess it was OK!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=665083

Please don't book them up the day of my cruise! I'm guessing cab and limo prices are going up like crazy due to the fuel increase. That's probably why just a few months ago people were saying $30-35 but it's now $45-60.

Here's the link:

http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/index.html

And I just spent 15 minutes researching where I got the name (I've been on so many web sites today) and sure enough it was here! Of course I don't know how CAM6929 liked them in Jan but tracked down the review and CAM said "Used a Limo service to get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. Great way to go and not expensive." So guess it was OK!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=665083

Please don't book them up the day of my cruise! I'm guessing cab and limo prices are going up like crazy due to the fuel increase. That's probably why just a few months ago people were saying $30-35 but it's now $45-60.

I just got a quote from Newark Airport to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, $85 including tax and tolls (plus gratuity). Same rate for the return. Thanks for the information.:)

Heard back(that was fast!!).heres the rates to Cape Libery cruise port..

From JFK to Cape Liberty Cruise Port, Bayonne it will be $98.00

From LGA to Cape Liberty Cruise Port, Bayonne it will be $88.00

From EWR to Cape Liberty Cruise Port, Bayonne it will be $44.00

These fares include taxes and tolls.

Well, I just booked Black Executive Cars from the hotel to the port, and SuperShuttle from the port to the airport. We're actually renting a car for a couple of days before flying home and the SS agent said the driver might be able to drop us at Avis; that would be great.

And they both thanked me for posting their sites online :) but did not offer a discount. :(

Well, I just booked Black Executive Cars from the hotel to the port, and SuperShuttle from the port to the airport. We're actually renting a car for a couple of days before flying home and the SS agent said the driver might be able to drop us at Avis; that would be great.

And they both thanked me for posting their sites online :) but did not offer a discount. :(

Can you please post when you get back and tell us about your experience? Thank you so much for the information.

Ann

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if you've gone on your trip yet. And, IF you were happy with the service from Black Excutive Cars? Would love to hear if anyone has used them and what you're experience was.

THANKS

Unfortunately we had to cancel the cruise due to a death in the family so have no info. We did book another cruise in July but it's out of Port Canaveral.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you have a great cruise in July. We used Sunrise FL Transportation for our Sovereign cruise if you are looking for towncar service from MCO to Port Canaveral. They were great.

Unfortunately we had to cancel the cruise due to a death in the family so have no info. We did book another cruise in July but it's out of Port Canaveral.

it's so diffucult when we loose one of our loved one's

Hope that you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Thanks very much for the kind thoughts - it was my FIL who was 91 years old so not unexpected but still sad.

We will be renting from Avis in Florida each way - $45 from MCO to Port Canaveral and $41 back using a corporate rate - staying in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise. So that should work out well.

The new cruise is planning out nicely - senior discount and I was able to nab a hump cabin. So far so good.

but still a shock and loss when it does happen.

Just a thought - we live in FL and normally rent a car to drive back and forth to the ship. Saves mileage on my Saab as well as not having to worry or pay for pakring.

You might want to check out the rates with Budget or Thrifty if they have locations at the Port. They have some very good one way rental rates within FL. Check out the discount promo codes at mousesavers.com.

You may or may not find a better rate -

enjoy your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Sky Ride Limo $60

Dial 7 - $81

and...

this is what i found on another thread ......

Archived