Are you.. Doing the DEW?

Belle

D..Diet

E..Exercise

W..Water

Are you finding out that some of the DEW'S are easier than the others?

You always need some form of the D to lose but will lose better with the

E and W too. Plus be healthier doing all THREE!

So DO THE DEW PLEDGE! Remember what your pledge was? How much you

wanted to lose.......By

Januaty 6th 2005!

Lets TOAST AND DRINK (water of course) to US ALL LOSING WEIGHT by January 6th 2005!

Good Luck and Hard Work ALL!

Got the D and the W down but I still haven't commited to the E like I should!

I had pledged to lose 25 pounds for the DEW pledge... I'm down 7 since then, so 18 more to go. I'm sure I will make the pledge! :D Positive sttitudes!!!

Jean

D - I'm getting it - thinking the SB WOE work for me.

E - Got it! Working out a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week.

W - I think I'm getting enough, it gets confusing how much I'm suppose to drink.

• 3 weeks later...

It's such a busy time of year for me, I hate that I haven't been able to share with you all here for the past month, but YES! I am doing the DEW! :) Here's how it's going for me so far:

Diet - YES, I am sticking to my WOE! I am doing my own thing, but I do try to keep my carbs healthy and low, keep my protein high, take in healthy fats (sorta Zone, but not totally). I've still given up sugar, caffeine, fried foods, sodas, etc. I also have a new Pledge to myself...no more partially hydrogenated oils and no more high fructos corn syrup. That stuff's in so many products I considered *healthy*!!! :eek:

Exercise - YES, I am walking 20 minutes about 3 x's per week, which isn't as much as I originally pledged, BUT that's because I have added weight training 3 x's per week! That's going GREAT!

Water - YES, I'm still getting in 2+ liters of water per day.

My DEW pledge was to lose at least 20 pounds (though hopefully 30). So far, I'm down 9 lbs. Only 11 to go now! :D I also pledged to donate all of my size 30/32 clothing before December 31st. I have them all packed up and ready to go. I am really hoping to add all the 26/28's to the pile before then! ;)

GOOD LUCK and positive attitudes for sure!!! :)

Lost 10.5 since the DEW pledge began... so I have 14.5 to lose by 1/6/05. I know I can do this! I have the "D" and and "W" down pat... I am still waiting to get consistant with the "E" though! Help!!! Once I get it thru my head that exercise will only make the scale move faster... I know I can do it! It's getting started that's the hard thing.

Good Luck everyone!

Jean

I, too, am much better at the D and E than the W. Sigh.......... Will try again - starting tomorrow - to increase that W. I still think coffee and diet pop should count! (Where is a good pouting emoticon when you need one?)

Great job to all those that are managing to be successful at all three!

would you mind one more to join your group? Or is it too late??

I have my first cruise coming up in March and want to totally wow my boyfriend! Right now, I am about 5'6" and 160 lbs, which is about 12 over the max for my height and age. I want to lose at least 10 lbs, but also want to tone up the bod a bit. I bought a really beautiful sleeveless long gown to wear on formal night - and OH NO!! My arms are so not in shape for this dress!

I could use some motivation, inspiration, and an occasional kick in the butt! :D

If I can join, great!! If not, good luck to you all and happy cruising!!

Jay

I never heard of "DEW" Makes sense though. I had lost 30 pounds about 3 years ago doing the low carb, protein diet..but have put more than 5 back on since last year and just cant seem to get back down. I had never hit my target at the time of 35 pounds, so now have 10 more to lose. Just starting excercising again though, i got a total trainer/pilates machine and i really like it. have only used it 4 times, but can really feel it in my legs and abs especially. now if i can only keep it up. trying to get my husband to work out with my at night. he says he will..but i think he may need a kick in the butt!! AS far as the "w"..i know i dont drink as much as i should. I try and take my coffee to work in a 16 ounce travel mug..then fill it with water afterwards.Maybe if i just dont take the diet soda with my lunch i will be forced to drink more water during the day. Does anyone know if crystal light is as good? I found the single serving powders at target and they are great for putting in a water bottle and shaking up. i keep a few at work.

I did not know about the DEW pledge let alone this website until about 2 months ago. I did have a goal that I started in August of losing 60 pounds before my cruise in January. I now realize that was a bit extreme and have a goal to lose 50. I have lost 30 pounds and have 20 to go. My cruise is a little over 2 months away so I feel pretty good about the goal. With the exception of the holidays. I do hope that doesn't throw me off. For some reason we get invited to so many parties and always feel obligated to go.

As far as the DEW. I am doing great at the D. Have stayed on the WOE successfully and feel really good about it. I have not done the E at all. I am awful about exercising. I have never liked it although I have tried it several times. I have good days and bad days on the W. Yesterday was a pretty good day, but today I have only had herbal tea so far. I will finish up my cup and go get a glass of water. And I will remember my goal! 20 to go:p

Welcome new members to the DEW Pledge!

Congrats to you all (old and new) that are doing the DEW..your doing better

with each step....or trying to..thats GREAT!

The D..Diet

E..Exercise

W..Water

Keep Up The Good Work!

I've started anew this month and made promises to myself. My DH and I now wake up earlier in the morning and go to the gym together and workout. We don't workout together (it only slows me down) but we are making the change together. I've always been a big water drinker, so that isn't a problem. I currently have a glass that I have at work that holds about 24oz and I go through 5-6 glasses a day, so I've got the water aspect covered. Not to mention the bazillion times I use the restroom everyday! :p Eating healthy is what I'm working on now, I'm too used to comfort and easy to prepare foods that I just need to focus on good for me foods. I lost over 25 pounds when I ate 5-6 small meals a day that were completely balanced between protein, carbs and veggies. I just need to do that again and not be tempted by the work "lunch crowd", I often fall prey to that and give in way too easily.

So here is my pledge, to lose 20 pounds by January 6th. It's for my health and my life. Cheers to all!

DEW pledge started Sept. 9th. Belle set the goal for January 6th, 2005. I pledged to lose 25 pounds by then. I have lost 14 since then with 11 more to go by 1/6/05. I can do that! Hoping to lose even more before then.

Hope the rest of you that pledged are doing well! Stay with it! You CAN DEW IT!!! ;)

Jean

My DEW is going well. I'm just cutting back which works fine for me. I've always exercised, about 7 hours per week so that's never a problem. Water, I've been drinking at least 8 glasses where I used to drink 5 and I do think it makes a difference.

My goal is 3 more lbs. by Jan. 6th (I've lost 4 so far). Then I want to lose another 10 before 16 day cruise Oct. 2005. I'm slow at weight loss. I'm 152 lbs., normal is around 143. If I can get down to 139 or so I think I'll be in good shape for that long of a cruise.

Diana

Sounds like your all doing well.

Keeping up with it and losing! CONGRATS!

I've lost only 5 lbs on the DEW (in fact lost the same 5 lbs a few times)

because of trips. But a least have 5 off and trying for more.

Lets all keep up the good work!

I'll admit that I am doing lousy at the DEW this past week. I still have not convinced myself to get up off my butt and do some exercise. I have heard a lot about a tape that I am considering getting. The water part has also bit this week. And don't even mention the WOE. It has been an awful week, but I still lost 4 pounds. Not sure how, but I will take it and I will work better at the DEW for this week.

Archived