Bert's latest schedule

reggielew

Hi!

I just got an email from Bert Stratton, and he is planning to be on the Caribbean Princess for the next three weeks until May 17th. After that, he will be moving to Nashville with his wife to pursue his song writing career.

For anyone going on the 3 or 4 day cruises, stop by Crooner's Lounge and listen to Bert for a few minutes. He's a lot of fun!

Reggie

Hi!

I just got an email from Bert Stratton, and he is planning to be on the Caribbean Princess for the next three weeks until May 17th. After that, he will be moving to Nashville with his wife to pursue his song writing career.

For anyone going on the 3 or 4 day cruises, stop by Crooner's Lounge and listen to Bert for a few minutes. He's a lot of fun!

Reggie

Are you going to get to sail with him again Reggie......before he leaves? We got in our last hugs.

Barbara

YouTube - Bert Stratton explains Bert Withdrawal

( and other clips)

from

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=bert+stratton&spell=1

Enter Berts songwriting website

from

http://www.bertstratton.com/Welcome_to_BertStratton.com.html

Fan club

from

http://www.bertstrattonfans.com/

Bert is planning a "Bert Cruise" aboard the Ruby in January of 2009 which is his only scheduled appearence aboard after his contract ends in a few weeks. When I talked to him after the show the other night he did mention he may make an appearence or two here and there if Princess needs an emergency fill in, but his weekly performances are over with this contract.

We were glad to catch his act one more time before he heads off to Nashville.

Hi Barbara,

Unfortunately, we will not be seeing Bert before he leaves. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess out of New York for the June 13th cruise, but I have no idea who will be taking Bert's place in Crooner's.

We're planning to see him again on the "Bert Cruise" on the Ruby Princess on January 17, 2009, but that will be totally different as he will be putting on 2 or 3 private shows only for those who book through his travel agent. Unfortunately, he won't be performing for the other passengers, and he won't be performing every night. However, it should be a lot of fun, and we'll have plenty of time to take advantage of all the other activities. If anyone is interested in the "Bert Cruise", you can get information on Bert's website at http://www.bertstratton.com.

Reggie

Hi!

Reggie

That's one reason to wait to cruise until after May 17th. As to Derf...: his wife is taking up the songwriting. I guess he figured out he had no talent like a lot of us decided a long time ago....... Bad thing is my son lives in Nashville and knoing my luck, I'll run into him doing a lounge act :mad: .

Hi!

Although I am certainly aware that some people don't enjoy Bert (after all, everyone has his own taste), the negativity on these boards never ceases to amaze me! My posting of this thread was just informational to let people know that Bert's schedule has changed and he will be on the CB for another 3 weeks. Bert has a huge following, and his shows are usually standing room only. Many passengers on these sailings will be thrilled that Bert will be entertaining, and they will be rushing to Crooner's to get seats.

Other than mean-spiritedness, I can see no reason for anyone who is not a fan to have responded to this thread. This wasn't an opinion poll, and you nay-sayers certainly don't have to warn the future passengers as I'm sure they are intelligent enough to form their own opinions without your advice.

Honest opinions on these boards are great. Let's stop the negativity!!!

Reggie

Hi!

The definition that you gave for "critic" is the SECOND one given by Webster--one given to harsh or captious judgment.

The FIRST definition is (a) one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique or (b) one who engages often professionally in the analysis, evaluation, or appreciation of works of art or artistic performances.

It's clear to most people on these boards that the word "critic" as used in Cruise Critic refers to the FIRST definition. We are all interested in hearing both the positives and the negatives of each person's experiences, but there is no need for nastiness.

I therefore stand by my original statement. The comments on this thread that Bert is a "no talent hack" and the other equally obnoxious remarks are simply mean spirited. I hope we can eliminate such negativity on these boards.

Reggie

Archived