Crown Review 4/19 - 4/26

GasMan17

This was my second Princess cruise, my last one was on the Caribbean Princess about a year ago. I will attempt to make this in a reasonable order

Embarkation - the airport transfer was a breeze and there was little to no wait once we got to the cruise terminal. There was a duty free liquor store in the terminal right before the security check, everyone in my group of 10 loaded up on booze, as long as it was inside of your carry on there were no issues bringing in whatever you want. The rest of the boarding process was standard. We had time to explore Old San Juan before leaving later that night.

The Ship - very similar layout to the Caribbean Princess. Everything was in mint condition.

Dining - we had anytime dining and we at in the Michelangelo Room 4 nights, the food was better than the Caribbean Princess, the Buffet was average, some days decent, others just so so, but not horrid. We went to the crown grill for one dinner, the food was excellent and well worth the extra 25 per person. The wait staff in the dining rooms were generally good, we had a waitress that was slightly moody on 2 nights, but otherwise everyone was excellent

Shows - we only went to one Comedy show, it was excellent

Pools - the usual

Room - we had a Balcony on the Riviera Deck, no noise issues, we were on the starboard side near the stern, some mild motion, but not bad at all. Most of our group had rooms right next to each other and they opened the doors between the balconies so that we could all hang out, we spent plenty of time on the balconies emptying the bottles that we purchased on the way to check in.

Ports

Barbados - Beautiful island, plenty of beaches, we went out on our own and shopped and hit the Mt Gay Rum Factory

St Lucia - we did the catamaran to the Pitons, it was an excellent excursion

Antigua - we did the pirate cruise, which was a huge booze cruise, everyone passed out at 6pm after we got back due to the excess of rum punch

Tortola - went to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, lots of hiking and we hiked through the caves, well worth the trip. We also shopped in town on Tortola, this was our favorite island, all of the locals were super friendly

St Thomas - we went to Trunk Bay, absolutely the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen

Disembarkation - was super easy, on our previous cruise they had us congregate in certain places and then they announced on the PA when to disembark, this time they still had assigned times to get off the ship, but we just strolled off at our leisure and there were no announcements and getting off was quick. As far as Customs they just collected our sheets and we were off.

That is all that I can really think of, now I must sink into my post cruise depression and go back to work tomorrow, hope this was helpful for those of you that will be hitting the crown in the near future

Oh that post cruise depression. Gosh I just hate it. You get home, look around and remember when you take a vacation it seems glad to get home. However, after a cruise we feel like, OMG how sad we are not going to get a cocktail and sit on the balcony of our mini suite instead we are putting all the junk away.:(

Thank you for your review and sorry you had to go home. We shall have a drink for you in Oct. when we are on the Crown.:D

Antigua - we did the pirate cruise, which was a huge booze cruise, everyone passed out at 6pm after we got back due to the excess of rum punch

Hey GasMan, are you in this photo?:D

2534897640079365048S425x425Q85.jpg

We took a little video clip of the Pirate Excursion as it sailed back into Antigua on April 23rd...the rum fumes were so strong the video came out sideways! You can catch it on youtube here:

JTMALT:

Was that the 9am tour? I was on the 1pm and didn't recognize anyone in the picture or video. We watched the early tour come back (about noon) from our Caribe starboard balcony and got really psyched for our turn!

No, that's a photo from the tour that came back around 4pm. Here's another photo of the other half of the boat:

2667996370079365048S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, that photo clears it up. We too were on the afternoon rum/pirate trip. I see my kids ( 3 boys in the red shirts). Hi Adrienne!

Nice review. I keep meaning to write one too..

back to the real world.

Hey GasMan, are you in this photo?:D

2534897640079365048S425x425Q85.jpg

We took a little video clip of the Pirate Excursion as it sailed back into Antigua on April 23rd...the rum fumes were so strong the video came out sideways! You can catch it on youtube here:

I am in that pic.....my wife had to go off the rope swing first...it was halarious

Archived