Cruise tags....when?

first_timer2

Just a quick question from a first time cruiser, which may seem weird to the rest of you...:o

When and where will we get our cruise tags to attach on our suicases? I'm a bit confused, will I get them at home or will I have to print them off the internet?

Normally they will arrive around 45-60 days prior to your sailing. So, still plenty of time. When they send out your packet with shore excursion info, etc, the luggage tags will be in the envelope. Just look closely as they often times will be on both sides or folded over, so don't think they didn't send you enough until you look very closely.

And enjoy your first cruise.

We also wait until arriving at the port to put on the tags in case they get ripped off on the plane trip. :)

If your luggage doesn't arrive when you do having these luggage tags in place will help your luggage get to the ship much faster. A Princess airport greeter in FLL once told us, after having much experience meeting people, that airlines will some times remove luggage from a flight if it is overloaded but if they see cruise tags they will keep that luggage on the flight.

Princess does instruct you to put them on before you leave home. We have never had them ripped off but we also put one on each handle and carry any extras (also available at the pier) should they get ripped off. No reason not to put them on.

If your luggage doesn't arrive when you do having these luggage tags in place will help your luggage get to the ship much faster. A Princess airport greeter in FLL once told us, after having much experience meeting people, that airlines will some times remove luggage from a flight if it is overloaded but if they see cruise tags they will keep that luggage on the flight.

Princess does instruct you to put them on before you leave home. We have never had them ripped off but we also put one on each handle and carry any extras (also available at the pier) should they get ripped off. No reason not to put them on.

I think after 40 + cruises luck went out the window along time ago. :rolleyes:

I doubt that baggage handler will dig for the Princess bag tag in the belly of the aircraft if it is buried by 100 others that don't have a tag.

I think after 40 + cruises luck went out the window along time ago. :rolleyes:

I doubt that baggage handler will dig for the Princess bag tag in the belly of the aircraft if it is buried by 100 others that don't have a tag.

Why would he have to do that if the luggage was staying on the plane?:confused: :confused:

First Timer...we're on the 7/10 Caribbean Princess also. Our tags, checklist, answer book and shore excursion book arrived in the mail today, so you should have yours soon.

Hope to see you on board....Come on over to the roll-call, if you're interested!

• 2 weeks later...
First Timer...we're on the 7/10 Caribbean Princess also. Our tags, checklist, answer book and shore excursion book arrived in the mail today, so you should have yours soon.

Hope to see you on board....Come on over to the roll-call, if you're interested!

I just received my package 2 weeks ago, but my Husband didn't. Why would that be? Do I need to contact Princess or my TA?

thanks

I just received my package 2 weeks ago, but my Husband didn't. Why would that be? Do I need to contact Princess or my TA?

thanks

You will only get one package per cabin ....and look carefully (front and back) of your luggage tags. You might think that there are only 3, when there really are 6.

thanks

I don't think they would send out a packet for each if you are traveling together. We got one packet, addressed to me, but the inside letter was addressed to both of us. There were six tags inside the packet.

Sounds like a good idea, we will put them on in November and take spare ones with us;)

Hope you did the Doc dance:D :D :D :p

What about traveling in to FLL the day before the cruise leaves? Should we then put the tags on the morning of the cruise on Saturday, or before we fly out on Friday? We usually travel out the same day as the cruise, but coming from Chicago in November we decided to leave the day before in case we run into some crazy Chicago weather.

What about traveling in to FLL the day before the cruise leaves? Should we then put the tags on the morning of the cruise on Saturday, or before we fly out on Friday? We usually travel out the same day as the cruise, but coming from Chicago in November we decided to leave the day before in case we run into some crazy Chicago weather.

Even traveling the same day we still wait until we are at the port city to put the tags on. :)

We got our package a couple days ago, but no tags were in it. I guess I need to contact my TA! We wouldn't need to put them on at home since we have 3 days pre-cruise in Rome. Still, I would rather have them in my possession than have to get them at the pier.

I'm looking at my package right now, there is one enveloppe and it is addressed me, not my husband. The other couple that we are cruising with got one package with 2 enveloppes inside, one for her and one for him. Should I worry about this?

thanks

I'm looking at my package right now, there is one enveloppe and it is addressed me, not my husband. The other couple that we are cruising with got one package with 2 enveloppes inside, one for her and one for him. Should I worry about this?

thanks

We only ever get one package...and if you asked your friends, I suspect they will tell you that everything was a dupicate.

What you got in your one package is all you need.

Archived