Sun Princess question

R & C

We are on her for 75 nights in July & am wondering what type of beer they have & what are the prices. Do they have the large fosters cans??

Also does anyone know what the balcony cabins are like re size & does anyone have any photos of one.

We are on her for 75 nights in July & am wondering what type of beer they have & what are the prices. Do they have the large fosters cans??

Also does anyone know what the balcony cabins are like re size & does anyone have any photos of one.

Yes they have the large Fosters cans ( can't remember the price), i bought VB ($4.95 inc tax) but there was a few other varieties as well.

A 75 night cruise,:eek: that must be some sort of record for an aussie cruiser, has anyone cruised longer than that on one cruise?

BTW my friend will be joining you at beijing for the 20 odd days back to sydney, even though i love cruising i dont think i could cruise for that long,..I think it is something like 27 days and only 6 port stops or something similar

Here is link to AC Mini Suite on Baja Deck

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/133123604noDdgi?mediaPosition=133124226

And here is link to pics of AB Mini Suite on Baja Deck - Aft

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/549336516kSsAyD?mediaPosition=19

Main difference is Size, especially the balcony. Ordinary Balcony Cabins are narrower than the AC and the Balconies are somewhat narrow.

cheers

A 75 night cruise,:eek: that must be some sort of record for an aussie cruiser, has anyone cruised longer than that on one cruise?

Yep. Grey Funnel Line regularly offers 6 month or longer cruises.;)

Dawn Princess is also doing a 104 night round the world from Sydney next year. Can't wait for empty nest status.

Dawn Princess is also doing a 104 night round the world from Sydney next year. Can't wait for empty nest status.

I know they exist , i was just wondering if any aussie cruiser had actually done a long cruise and their thoughts on it.

I guess by doing a series of BTB you could do as long as you liked.

... even though i love cruising i dont think i could cruise for that long,..I think it is something like 27 days and only 6 port stops or something similar

Sounds like heaven to me:D

Yes looks a a good cruise that 75 dayer on SP, old workmate of mine is going on it. Actually it leaves on 14 July, the day we arrive on SP in Sydney from Fremantle, it will have to replenish and refuel quickly.

Cheers..Les:cool:

OMG, 75 days!!! Two weeks was enough, even with a balcony. I cannot imagine being on the SP for that long. Even though we enjoyed our 2 weeks, the thought of having to deal with the laundry for that long as well as other little things, like the Buffet..well good luck to you. AND I love cruising. SP just doesn't do it for me. Each to his own.

My thoughts are eating in the same restarant every night, no shopping, no visiting my friends, missing my dog.

Imagine the bar bill at the end of that one. I would need to work for the next few years to pay that off.

2 weeks sounds just perfect, the only plus about the longer cruises are that you will get away from the basic vila, noumea islands. While they are nice, it is even nicer to go somewhere different as well

My thoughts are eating in the same restarant every night, no shopping, no visiting my friends, missing my dog.

Imagine the bar bill at the end of that one. I would need to work for the next few years to pay that off.

2 weeks sounds just perfect, the only plus about the longer cruises are that you will get away from the basic vila, noumea islands. While they are nice, it is even nicer to go somewhere different as well

Are they good thoughts :D or bad :(, same restaurant every night can be bad, but then it could be good, (cause you know what you are getting), shopping, well, we girls can ALWAYS find places to shop, I really missed my dog, and the bar bill was Horrendous. I am working for the next 2 years to pay that one!!!. And friends, well it is easy to meet people you can be friends with, so that's no problem.

We have never been to the vila, noumea or anywhere pacific islands and aren't planning to, cause in my mind that is like going to the Gold Coast (sorry if i offend anyone) but if one is going to cruise, it is a whole experience of going somewhere exotic, and the pacific islands aren't exotic. Mind you we went to NZ last year and that wasn't exotic either, but we can say we did it. Wouldn't repeat it either

I would hate to see our bar bill at the end of 75 days, but i suppose one budgets for that, but i reckon we would have to take a loan out for that, cause 2 weeks was scary :rolleyes:

Hi Katkell

No you haven't offended me with your comments about the South Pacific islands.

But they are absolutely nothing like the Gold Coast:( . I've been to Vila, Noumea, Lifou, Isle of Pines, Champagne Bay, Wala, Hienghene, Divine Island and Mystery Island, think that's all. They are, for the most part, primitive, unspoilt paradises:) :)

Megagirl

Hmmm,

I know I shouldn't comment cause I haven't been there. I think it is more about what people expect from there holiday. I have read so much about everyone's experiences in the South Pacific, some bad, but mostly well loved by everyone, I suppose that's why they keep going back.

At the end of the day, if you don't have to wash up, clean up, etc it's a GREAT HOLIDAY. ;)

But they are absolutely nothing like the Gold Coast:( . I've been to Vila, Noumea, Lifou, Isle of Pines, Champagne Bay, Wala, Hienghene, Divine Island and Mystery Island, think that's all. They are, for the most part, primitive, unspoilt paradises:) :)

Megagirl

And way, way better than the Gold Coast.

Hi Katkell

No you haven't offended me with your comments about the South Pacific islands.

Megagirl

I agree. The Pacific ports of call are varied, but none bears any resemblance to the Gold Coast. Pentecost certainly is primitive.

On longer cruises - We went on two long ones (35 and 37 days) to Japan etc. on the Fairstar (half the size of the Pacific Sun). The opinion we formed is that some people can remain polite for a 14 day or 16 day cruise, but on a longer cruise their true nature shows through. This is only a minority. We also went on a 21-night cruise on the Ryndam and saw no unpleasantness.

From what we heard from several people, there was some unpleasantness from and among the passengers during the recent 6 week Cherry Blossom cruise on the Pacific Sun. The excuse given was that the ship was not large enough and not designed for longer cruises, but I don't think that is any excuse for bad or rude behaviour.

Have a great time on your trip. I am sure the Sun Princess will be great and with a balcony cabin you can get away from the crowd when you need some space.:):)

Here's pic of the AB balcony cabin midships on Baja Deack. Not a huge amount of room in the cabin or out on the balcony, and the bathrooms are a little squeezy for the average Aussie, if you read some of the US CC past cruise reviews. Still plenty of other nice spots to hang out on the ship. But we're all envious and hope you have great time!

1189160817_2c650f0ca7.jpg?v=0

Archived