Would You Cancel a Cruise....

missdenman

OP- I paid over $5000 for Lasik surgery on my eyes. I am hoping the difficult to read font on your post didn't damage them!..heheheh..

I cruised Destiny during the time when there were MANY very bad reviews. I read the negative posts and reviews but did not cancel. That being said, while I enjoyed my cruise and had a wonderful vacation, to date, it is my least favorite cruise. So, no, I would not cancel due to someone else's bad experience.

Because of someone else's "horrible" experience?

I had a friend who did because she heard from a few people the ship was old and the food was disgusting and bla bla bla..

I literally laughed in her face! She had never cruised before and wanted to try it out with her boyfriend. She booked it within the 50% penalty and cancelled it 3 days later..I really thought she lost it! got her an employee discount/upgrade! the works!!

I would never base anything on someone else's opinions..A review or knowing someone who has been on that cruise or to that particular city does help but it's definitely not going to help me make my final decisions.....

to make a long story, short......

I convinced her to go on the cruise.......

she's booking 2 cruises...1 for this sept and the other in 2009 ;)

she's addicted!

OK, I like Seafood and my wife doesn't. If your friend listens to my wife she would never ever eat seafood again, however, if she listened to me I could have her mouth watering and dying for some baked grouper immediately.

Cruises are just like food. What some people like others don't. There are a lot of die hard Carnival fans that will tell you that other cruise lines don't rate compared to Carnival and there are fans of other cruise lines that will tell you that Carnival is the pitts and that all the dregs of the earth are on Carnival. The truth is Carnival has chenged their image from the party till you drop line to the fun ships. You will find crude people on most of the cruise lines. The most important thing to tell your friend is that their cruise will be what they make it. If they go in thinking bad then the cruise will not be so good. On the other hand, if the go in thinking this is the best vacation I will ever have in my life because I am going to make it the best, then they will probably have a great time. Another thing to remember is that people are running the show and sometimes people screw up. If this happens let it slide and enjoy the day anyhow. Like some wise posters before me have commented, A bad day on a cruise is better than a great day at work. Have a great time...

OMG...I am cross-eyed now! Why did everyone have to quote the OP and that font in their post???!!!! Maybe if wasn't bold it would be easier to read.

No way would I cancel a cruise on one person's horrible experience. You read all the time here about someone's awful experience on a ship and then you'll read from 5-6 people on the exact same cruise wondering what ship that person was on. Everyone's experience is different.

OMG...I am cross-eyed now! Why did everyone have to quote the OP and that font in their post???!!!! Maybe if wasn't bold it would be easier to read.

No way would I cancel a cruise on one person's horrible experience. You read all the time here about someone's awful experience on a ship and then you'll read from 5-6 people on the exact same cruise wondering what ship that person was on. Everyone's experience is different.

I agree that bold print was hard to read.

I would in no way cancel a cruise because of someones bad report. I would have to go and find out for myself.

I haven't felt this seasick since my first cruise during hurricane season on the Fantasy.

Good one! :D lol Funny thread.

Nope, would never cancel a cruise based on someone else's opinion.

I would never cancel because of someone elses experience on a cruise. However I was scheduled to go on a cruise back in 05 with another couple. It was originally going to Montego Bay Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. They changed the itinerary and replaced Jamaica with Key West. The other couple got furious and cancelled. Said they weren't paying that much money to go somewhere int he USA. GEEEESHHH!!!

Archived